1.    #1  
    I'm new to this forum, but not Windows Mobile, as I've had a HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125) for a couple years. I recently switched from GSM to Verizon's CDMA.

On the today screen, there is a logo with "Verizon Wireless" and bluetooth icon. I have searched and found threads to get rid of that logo, but I'd rather that give me useful information instead of being deleted. Instead of saying "Extended Network" for every non-Verizon tower it picks up, can I have it say the ACTUAL name of the carrier that it receives from the tower?

Further, I would love to have manual network selection as well if someone knows how, but I'm really wanting that panel to display the actual carrier name.

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Anyone know the answer to this question? I was going to post the same question, but in the process of searching before I posted, I found the last time I asked the question!

Quote Originally Posted by rush7 View Post
    I'm new to this forum, but not Windows Mobile, as I've had a HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125) for a couple years. I recently switched from GSM to Verizon's CDMA.

On the today screen, there is a logo with "Verizon Wireless" and bluetooth icon. I have searched and found threads to get rid of that logo, but I'd rather that give me useful information instead of being deleted. Instead of saying "Extended Network" for every non-Verizon tower it picks up, can I have it say the ACTUAL name of the carrier that it receives from the tower?
    Further, I would love to have manual network selection as well if someone knows how, but I'm really wanting that panel to display the actual carrier name.

Thanks
  3.    #3  
    Alternatively, if anyone knows of a CDMA-compatible WM6 app that displays the current carrier, cell strength (dB) and such I'd be just as interested in that.

Basically I want to find out which tower I'm picking up where.

If there's something that displays on the Today screen, that would be even better.

Thanks!
    You have to use ##DEBUG or QXDM with serial cable
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d