Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    That is Palm, I am tired of waiting. I have been a loyal 700w (Verizon) user for quite some time now. I am just sick of waiting for the 800w, with no firm date of release. The nail in the coffin was when I checked out the vx6900 that is coming to Verizon this month. Sorry Palm, but you blew it.

    Please someone convince me that I am wrong, and I should stick it out and wait!
  2. #2  
    I am almost there as well, nickf126. I love my 700w through Verizon, but it is getting very dated. I am getting sick of rumors and nothing concrete ... just one month until my two years is up and am starting to look seriously to jump ship. Curious what recommendations are out there...
  3. #3  
    Just give them 2 months until the iPhone 2. I like all the new full screen+ slide out keyboard Samsung phones. I also think its bordering line on the ridiculous now.
  4. #4  
    I got tired of waiting and purchased two devices. Since Sprint added ESN swaps online I bounce back and forth from the Mogul and Moto Q9C. When I am on the job I use the Moto and on weekends swap to the Mogul. Palm really dropped the ball. I would rather have just an 800.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  5. #5  
    I love this forum... it is good for a laugh at least once a day!

    If you can't wait for the 800, go someplace else until it is released... to be honest, I would not buy the 800 within the first couple of months anyway.... just to make sure palm did not screw it up (which they more than likely will).

    You might be better off with something that has been out a while with a good track record.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  6. #6  
    I gave up waiting after over a year. I just switched from a 700p to the Sprint Touch. So far I like it.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolhandace View Post
    I gave up waiting after over a year. I just switched from a 700p to the Sprint Touch. So far I like it.
    I switched from a 700wx to the Sprint Touch also and I love it!! The 700wx is very heavy and big compared to the Touch. Also the screen is big. I cannot see going back to any Palm device.
  8. #8  
    I couldn't see going to any WM device that isn't a palm. Hope WM 6.1 gets it right finally combined with the 800W.
  9. #9  
    palm did do WM right. i am really tring to wait, but the curve is looking good.

    as far as the touch goes.... it is pretty nice as long as you dont do much typing. 10 or more text messages a day and you will start to go crazy. i dont care what 3rd party keyboard you have. i went back to the mogul for the keyboard.

    my next device will be a non slider full keyboard. curve or 800x..... hmmm. i wold do both if the data plans we interchangable. esn swaping doesn't work like this.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  10. bearxor's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #10  
    I usually switched out my WM devices with the new ones when they came out. All the way back to the 2032SP on Sprint.

    I, as well, can not see using a WM device other than a Palm. They so completely smoked HTC on this it's not even funny. I went out and bought a Mogul and returned it three weeks later. It was awful.

    My 700wx looks like ****. It's beat to hell, but it's the longest I've ever used a WM phone. Those of us with 700wx's can't forget why we have them to begin with and why we're so anxious for the 800w. They actually work. They do everything they're supposed to without spending countless hours tinkering with software settings or flashing ROM's or uninstalling crap. We don't have to worry about running out of memory and soft-resetting our phones once a week. The phone just works. And if it takes Palm a little more time to make sure the 800w works as well as the 700wx, then so be it.
  11. #11  
    I would disagree with the 700wx "just working" and "not running out of memory"... Of course it all depends on how you use it too.

    But regardless, users don't have much choice but to wait unless you go for a different form factor phone completely.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I would disagree with the 700wx "just working" and "not running out of memory"... Of course it all depends on how you use it too.
    You are right about it depends on how you use your phone.

    I love my 700wx and am waiting for the 800w.
    I tried the Q9c and hated it so bad it went back a couple days later. (liked GPS though)

    I have never run out of memory in almost 2 years.
    I only reset once in a couple weeks and the only real tinkering I've ever done is install the Palm messaging app.
    I have never factory reset my phone.

    I will wait for the 800w.
  13. #13  
    My contract expire in October, I dont want to switch to
    a wm phone.

    I might get the iPhone2 if I can find a way to solve the battery problem, if I decide to switch to Tmobile. If I decide to stay with Spring, its going to be a full screen phone, preferrably running Linux (android).
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I might get the iPhone2
    I am going to get one as soon as it comes out. I'm done waiting for something that can almost be construed as vaporware. I've played with my classmate's iphone and i'm very very impressed with the smooth transitions in the OS. I will miss the features and programs associated with windows mobile, but I think that feeling is going to wear off very quickly. As far as I'm concerned, Palm has reached the gallows, just my worthless .02 cents.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bearxor View Post
    I usually switched out my WM devices with the new ones when they came out. All the way back to the 2032SP on Sprint.

    I, as well, can not see using a WM device other than a Palm. They so completely smoked HTC on this it's not even funny. I went out and bought a Mogul and returned it three weeks later. It was awful.

    My 700wx looks like ****. It's beat to hell, but it's the longest I've ever used a WM phone. Those of us with 700wx's can't forget why we have them to begin with and why we're so anxious for the 800w. They actually work. They do everything they're supposed to without spending countless hours tinkering with software settings or flashing ROM's or uninstalling crap. We don't have to worry about running out of memory and soft-resetting our phones once a week. The phone just works. And if it takes Palm a little more time to make sure the 800w works as well as the 700wx, then so be it.
    Right on point. The OS customizations that Palm did are A++++.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  16. haus's Avatar
    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #16  
    As long as we're all describing what we're doing...I ended up flashing my xv6700 with WM6.1, and it's pretty sweet. I'm giving the 6800 new consideration in light of being able to run 6.1 on it. Strongest advantage: it actually exists...!

    LOL bearxor posted about flashing roms. I think it's actually fun. And pretty amazing to be able to create a ROM that has everything you need, just in case you have to hard reset on vacation (happened to me once). There's no recovery like a customized-ROM recovery. But I do agree with you in principle, it's nice to have something "just work" when you open the box.
  17.    #17  
    I am sure that on another board with less friendly members I would be getting flamed, and people would be telling me "good riddance". I ordered the xv6900 and I get it tomorrow.

    With a heavy heart I bid Treo and Palm goodbye. I will always have a special place for my Treo.

    For those of you who care:
    http://support.vzw.com/phones/index.html?p=3694
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

    If you can't wait for the 800, go someplace else until it is released... to be honest, I would not buy the 800 within the first couple of months anyway.... just to make sure palm did not screw it up (which they more than likely will).

    You might be better off with something that has been out a while with a good track record.
    I agree. If you can't wait until something is released (has it even officially been announced by palm yet?) I would say get something up. If you wait a little while after its been released you also can get other people opinions on it and whatnot. who wants to go out and buy a phone just because of hype?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by LbSigMan View Post
    I am going to get one as soon as it comes out. I'm done waiting for something that can almost be construed as vaporware. I've played with my classmate's iphone and i'm very very impressed with the smooth transitions in the OS. I will miss the features and programs associated with windows mobile, but I think that feeling is going to wear off very quickly. As far as I'm concerned, Palm has reached the gallows, just my worthless .02 cents.
    I'm with you guys. I waited to see what the XV6900 would be like and all it did was convince me that, as long as it supports Exchange Activesync, the 3g iPhone is my next phone.

    The 800w would have been tempting but I really don't think you'll see it anywhere until the tail end of this year.

    As much as I hate to fall in with the Apple crowd it's tough to resist a cutting edge phone backed by a company that actually develops a product with reasonable regularity and consistency!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

    Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by fumblerooski View Post
    I'm with you guys. I waited to see what the XV6900 would be like and all it did was convince me that, as long as it supports Exchange Activesync, the 3g iPhone is my next phone.

    The 800w would have been tempting but I really don't think you'll see it anywhere until the tail end of this year.

    As much as I hate to fall in with the Apple crowd it's tough to resist a cutting edge phone backed by a company that actually develops a product with reasonable regularity and consistency!
    You took the words out of my mouth. I've been watching and waiting for this 800w for too long.....come June....I'm seriously looking at the iphone. The screen is sooooo huge....compared to this ity bity square screen...

    Like others have said, I would miss the other apps, but wow, every one I really care about is developing for the iphone. PocketInformant, ewallet, Microsoft Office....come on....it won't be long before the iphone has more apps than WM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions