Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    it won't be long before the iphone has more apps than WM.
    It it were not stuck on att, I would take a look at it. Unfortunately, att might be my last choice in phone service where I travel... that is after being around a couple of people with att. Sure not that bad in all places... well, considering their customer base, sure I'm in the minority.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  2. #22  
    That's my only concern as well...I love VZW's coverage...but they are quickly becoming so old shool. They never get any cool phones...so I just might have to switch to AT&T
  3. #23  
    so funny...i remember the day where all you'd see were Treos in everyone's hands.

    today? not so much.

    iPhone's and Curves everywhere.

    good for those of you who have started to realize that there are other options out there.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
  4. 1PTUser's Avatar
    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #24  
    Alright, after one week I'm about done with my Mogul experiment. It's going back. It reminded me why I dispised my xv6700 so much. (I went through six of those in a year.) The BB8830 is a really nice piece of hardware but I missed the touch screen, dislike the RIM layer, additional fees, missing functionality etc. Most of my users have 755p's and family and friends I've gotten on centros. However, I want a WM device with an exposed keyboard. I think the Palm flavored WM is more usable than non-Palm flavors. My 700wx is wearing out. So, what's left??? Please come quickly Treo 800W.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
  5. #25  
    If I can ask, why do you carry a blackberry and an iphone?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    If I can ask, why do you carry a blackberry and an iphone?
    I asked him the same thing awhile back. Here's his answer:
    -my employer pays for BES
    -the media experience is laughable on a Treo when comparing it to an iPhone
    -i use the Pearl M-F for biz purposes
    -i enjoy the iPhone when i want to, it's a pure luxury item.

    no tradeoff, just two different slim-line devices that do different things almost perfectly given my wants/needs.
    So yeah, he gave he up one phone (Treo) for two (BB, iPhone) and now preaches their virtues, lol. Hey whatever works I guess. Just seems odd then to criticize other's for choosing some different though.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7.    #27  
    So yeah, he gave he up one phone (Treo) for two (BB, iPhone) and now preaches their virtues, lol. Hey whatever works I guess. Just seems odd then to criticize other's for choosing some different though.[/QUOTE]

    I think that the whole purpose of the Treo is obviously consolidation of devices. The Treo delivers on that, and adds the extra benefit of the keyboard. With that said, I think that the Treo (or any WM device for that matter) can do what the BB and iPhone can do. The results of HOW they do it is a matter of subjective opinion.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickf126 View Post
    With that said, I think that the Treo (or any WM device for that matter) can do what the BB and iPhone can do. The results of HOW they do it is a matter of subjective opinion.
    Indeed. Jack of all trades, master of none. That saying applies to technology too. Then again, for some it's not an issue as I prefer the "all in one" thing.

    I'm not into watching movies on my phone , lol.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    so funny...i remember the day where all you'd see were Treos in everyone's hands.

    today? not so much.

    iPhone's and Curves everywhere.

    good for those of you who have started to realize that there are other options out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I asked him the same thing awhile back. Here's his answer:


    So yeah, he gave he up one phone (Treo) for two (BB, iPhone) and now preaches their virtues, lol. Hey whatever works I guess. Just seems odd then to criticize other's for choosing some different though.
    where did i criticize in my post? give it up.

    and to the other poster, i could no longer stand having to carry a bulky device when much more pocketable options became available. the pearl fit my business needs, perfectly, and my employer pays for it. as for owning an iPhone, it serves as a slim, multi-media GSM device that i find more entertaining to use than any Treo out there. and yes, watching movies and tv shows on the iPhone's wonderful screen when flying across the country is reason enough for me to afford one.

    enjoy yours
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
  10. curbman's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #30  
    I moved 5 cell phone lines from Nextel to Verizon Wireless just because verizon brought out the Treo 700w in the first week of 2006. All I have had is nothing but problems with my Treo I have had over 12 replacements and still having many problems. Now everytime I get another incoming call with call waiting ith kills my present conversation. Every day I log on to the web and hope that I read something positive as into a new treo for verizon. I love the network and love the phone if only it would support all the multitasks that it was supposed to handle. Im sure that my dream phone is the make believe 800w. But by the time that palm and verizon get it out, technology will be much more advanced. Htc seems to be getting up there but are very concentrated at becoming an Iphone wanna be. Everyone ignores the power of the keyboard. Same reason tablet pcs are not as popular as laptops. Yesterday a friend of mine was showing off his Sprint Touch and in less than one minute I was able to short text him , send him a pic, log into the web and did a search in Google maps and he was still not able to complete a short text message and that was that i did it with the good for nothing treo 700w. What is going on palm and verizon you two are so behind and we are putting up with you. Im about to go for the 30 trial with the new touch at verizon xv6900. I tried the 6800 but it was so cheap it did not meet my quality expectations
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    Alright, after one week I'm about done with my Mogul experiment. It's going back. It reminded me why I dispised my xv6700 so much. (I went through six of those in a year.) The BB8830 is a really nice piece of hardware but I missed the touch screen, dislike the RIM layer, additional fees, missing functionality etc. Most of my users have 755p's and family and friends I've gotten on centros. However, I want a WM device with an exposed keyboard. I think the Palm flavored WM is more usable than non-Palm flavors. My 700wx is wearing out. So, what's left??? Please come quickly Treo 800W.

    This is 100% exactly to a "T" why the 800 will be successful. The 700wx is still the most efficient and usable CDMA phone available in the US. PERIOD! However, it looks as dated as a bag phone at this point and hardware is starting to fail on older units. Still- while a business/power user can easily go out an have a 2 week affair with a mogul, touch, or ppc/vx, etc- 9/10 will be back because those phones are not as tight and refined as the lowly 700wx. They are not even close.

    It sucks waiting for the 800w- but you just have to.

    -Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  12. #32  
    i never had a 700w/wx but i do have a Treo 750 with AT&T. i bought it 2/07 and used it as my primary device for most of that time, although i used an 8525, Tilt, curve, and Blackjack II currently. The HTC devices always had these small but exceedingly annoying issues, such as silencing the phone resulted in some sounds continuing to go off and a lot of instability overall and when using IE mobile. The Curve was a joke when it came to PIM, so I ditched that although i still have it since my company uses BES. I'm currently using a Blackjack II, and I9e found that it does replace the Treo quite nicely. It's 2oz lighter, 6-7mm thinner, better screen resolution, and it has GPS (which to me is important as I travel a lot for business). No other phone was able to replace the 750...until now. With WM6.1 around the corner, I think the BJII will becme even better (and this goes for the MOTO Q9C/H).
  13. #33  
    I agree mostly with what you say. The 750 is even better than the WX in terms of looks at least.

    Q9c has an issue where typing fast can create erroneous characters on screen. This effects me due to the way I type. "Test" for example always came out as "Testst" because I apparently press s and t at almost the same time. This was an issue with the fist Q as well.

    I tried the blackjack on sprint and it was okay. But WM standard is a 2nd class OS and I found the device was slow especially when scrolling inside web pages or documents.

    I am forced to wait.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  14. #34  
    I just saw the listing for the Mogul™ by HTC in Sprint's offering of PDA phones.

    I'm a Palm user still with a Treo 650 (customized) and although, I don't really need anything more than what I have. I would upgrade (just to get the higher speed data transfer and some of the fun stuff) at some point.

    So far nothing that Palm has come out with is grabbing my attention. I think I might not be the only person with these feelings.

    I could deal with the Window Mobile 6 OS but I am very happy with the Palm OS (even with it's limits).

    So I've noticed in some of the other forums that people are returning the Mogul™ by HTC and I'm not sure why. Can someone fill me in on the downs of that product. I like the big screen it had, that would be a good upgrade (I think it's about the size of the iPhone).

    What do I do, just wait some more... is that the best option?

    As I said, I'm not in a rush at this point, but obviously, I'm getting itchy for something new and shiny.

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  15. swooshme's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by curbman View Post
    I moved 5 cell phone lines from Nextel to Verizon Wireless just because verizon brought out the Treo 700w in the first week of 2006. All I have had is nothing but problems with my Treo I have had over 12 replacements and still having many problems. Now everytime I get another incoming call with call waiting ith kills my present conversation. Every day I log on to the web and hope that I read something positive as into a new treo for verizon. I love the network and love the phone if only it would support all the multitasks that it was supposed to handle. Im sure that my dream phone is the make believe 800w. But by the time that palm and verizon get it out, technology will be much more advanced. Htc seems to be getting up there but are very concentrated at becoming an Iphone wanna be. Everyone ignores the power of the keyboard. Same reason tablet pcs are not as popular as laptops. Yesterday a friend of mine was showing off his Sprint Touch and in less than one minute I was able to short text him , send him a pic, log into the web and did a search in Google maps and he was still not able to complete a short text message and that was that i did it with the good for nothing treo 700w. What is going on palm and verizon you two are so behind and we are putting up with you. Im about to go for the 30 trial with the new touch at verizon xv6900. I tried the 6800 but it was so cheap it did not meet my quality expectations
    Just to help you out a little bit. I have many users with that same call waiting call dropping issue, but palm/verizon released a fix for that months ago. Here is a link.

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...patch_vzn.html

    It can also be installed over the air by going to palm.com from the handheld and following the links to support.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions