Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Is there any way to backup things like speed dials, etc prior to doing a hard reset or loading a ROM update? While it seems to me that recreating a few speed dials isn't a major issue I've caught flak from some clients when they had to do it following an the update to WM6. Any ideas?

Ps- They have Treo 750s, Blackjacks and Blackjack IIs. Using ActiveSync 4.5 on Windows XP Pro.
    Yes. Do a backup. The disc that came with your Treo should have a copy of SPB backup on it. This works fine to restore following a hard reset.

However, do NOT count on this working following a ROM change as the registry will almost certainly be different. After a new ROM, reload the apps and then backup the system so you can have something to restore if you hose it up later.

Tell your clients to get over it. That's like updating your PC from Win95 to WinXP and complaining that your desktop shortcuts for your favorite programs are gone. It just got loaded with a brand new Operating System so of course you will have to set some things back up.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Actually, that would be Sprite Backup on the CD. I prefer it to SPB.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlerner View Post
    However, do NOT count on this working following a ROM change as the registry will almost certainly be different. After a new ROM, reload the apps and then backup the system so you can have something to restore if you hose it up later.
    Primarily I am wiping these with ROM updates so it seems that this will not help me much. Because these users almost NEVER load apps, most don't even know how or that they can, I don't get many that need to be wiped due to system screw ups. 90% of the time if they are wiped it is part of a ROM update. Thanks anyway for the information, it's good to know I'm not missing something obvious that could save me some grief.