Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Most reports suggest that the new sliding panels today screen (codenamed Bronze) will only be available on Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard devices, and that Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional devices will not have this new interface.

Does anyone think Palm's latest batch of "special sauce" for Windows Mobile will include making the 800w the only 6.1 Pro device to have this Today Screen? I hope so, as it seems like a shame to have this great new UI absent from the 800w.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    There are two version of 6.1? Sliding panel meaning those sliding phone like the Mogul?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    No, I'm talking about the sliding panel UI on the homescreen (WM 6.1 Standard) versus the normal homescreen (WM 6.1 Professional).

Watch the long video here to see the difference:

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/default.aspx
    davinwv: doubt it on the panels

Will Palm have any other enhancements? Probably, but I'm not putting bets on it being anything huge--will just have to wait and see.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    the panel interface is there for Wm6.1 Standard only, and I doubt that will change by the time these ROMS are officially released. I'm using the BlackJackII so I'm eager to try out the new homescreen and will love having native threaded sms.
    What so great about the sliding panel? Why I need to press the buttons so many times in order to see the information?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I just think it looks (and would feel) more refined. Also, it would eliminate a scroll bar on the today screen when you have multiple appointments, tasks, unread messages, etc., which is a pet peve of mine.