1.    #1  
    Hi there,

I have a Treo 750, had it ever since its release, love it. I'm on a really tight schedule at my university, taking quite a few units this quarter. I need some type of application that can be helpful for reminding me assignments due, homework, meetings, priorities, stuff like that... I use the default reminder/calender, but I'm not that fond of it. I really want something that is more interactive. If you any info, please help out. Thanks

Take a look at the freeware app: Due Yesterday. Also, take a look at DateBk6 and Agendus. I use a calendar app called TMP. It adds a little style to the calendar without having a huge program like Datebk or Agendus. However, for being a student, that may be the way to go. Also there are freeware dictionaries and thesaurus for the Palms.

Edit: Scratch what I said above. Thos apps are for the Palm OS. The 750 is WM. I was thinking of the 650. Sorry.
    I have a few suggestions for you...

1. PocketBreeze by SBSH.
    This is a Today screen add-on that provides a much better interface for looking at both Calendar and To-do list data. It is very powerful yet quite simply to use. There are heaps of configuration options so it can be set up in many different ways. It has a massive user base and is updated frequently with new features. I can't live without it.

2. Pocket Informant by WebIS.
    This is full replacement for the default Calendar and To-do programs and is extraordinarily comprehensive for a PocketPC program. It comes with many views and literally has hundreds of configuration options. It is very powerful.

Good luck!
    One thing that I think is overlooked is the obvious: use the built-in calendar. Sounds silly to say, but I have people that I work with that miss [or are late to] meetings, and they carry smartphones and use Outlook.

When I was in college, I put every thing in Outlook (and then synced it) - every term paper due date, every class, every final, basketball game, parties, birthdays, everything. And I put various reminder durations on there: a week before, few days before. When I got the syllabus, I put everything in, immediately.

I still do that, even for trivial things. for example, two weeks ago, my co-worker hurt his elbows lifting something heavy at work. I set a two-week reminder to ask him if it they still hurt. Today, my Treo went off and I asked if his elbows still hurt (and they do). I reminded him to file a report for HR. That allowed me to feign interest, I mean, express interest in his condition; this is the sort of selfless act that is the mark of a good leader, the kind of guy that deserves a promotion. See what I mean?

Anybody that you get to know, that can influence your success, has a birthday, or an anniversary (work or marriage), that you can stick in Outlook, and when you remember, they will appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelalanjones View Post
    One thing that I think is overlooked is the obvious: use the built-in calendar. Sounds silly to say, but I have people that I work with that miss [or are late to] meetings, and they carry smartphones and use Outlook.

When I was in college, I put every thing in Outlook (and then synced it) - every term paper due date, every class, every final, basketball game, parties, birthdays, everything. And I put various reminder durations on there: a week before, few days before. When I got the syllabus, I put everything in, immediately.

I still do that, even for trivial things. for example, two weeks ago, my co-worker hurt his elbows lifting something heavy at work. I set a two-week reminder to ask him if it they still hurt. Today, my Treo went off and I asked if his elbows still hurt (and they do). I reminded him to file a report for HR. That allowed me to feign interest, I mean, express interest in his condition; this is the sort of selfless act that is the mark of a good leader, the kind of guy that deserves a promotion. See what I mean?

Anybody that you get to know, that can influence your success, has a birthday, or an anniversary (work or marriage), that you can stick in Outlook, and when you remember, they will appreciate it.
    What he said.

I also find it easier to key stuff into the calendar from the PC side and sync. I usually set my view in the calendar (on the PC side) to show a 5-7 day block so I can see everything at a glance. Then the Treo is really just there to keep me on track when I'm mobile.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html