1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Anybody know a simple way to copy a phone number from the call log to an existing contact?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Anybody know a simple way to copy a phone number from the call log to an existing contact?
    I second that request...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    After highlighting the number you want to save, press and hold the center button. A menu will pop up with "Save to Contacts" at the top.
    My apologies...I didn't see the word 'existing'. I would like to know this, as well.
    (but the more I think about it, this really seems like a lot of work, compared the much-simpler alternate way of just either jotting down the number on a piece of paper & then simply editing the existing record, to add in the new number, or just putting the number to memory in your head for a sec & making the contact edit - but hey, those are all too easy, and don't really use the technology, so here goes!)

What I would do to get a number out of the call log & into a contact:

Do a redial from the call log. As soon as you see 'dialing', hang up. You'll next see that screen about adding a new contact or editing an existing one, etc (unless you've turned that feature off) - choose the 'add to existing' one.

of course the next question is - what if the number is a work or mobile & it doesn't get added in to the right slot on the contact? Easy enough - once that number gets added, and you're in the contact record, you'll note that the newly pasted number is already highlighted - if you need to move the number to a different 'type' - work or mobile or whatever - just hit Menu/Cut, then go to the work or mobile whatever field and hit Menu/Paste.

There you go. (again, honestly - the 'keep it in your head for 20 seconds' approach is probably easier....
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    (but the more I think about it, this really seems like a lot of work, compared the much-simpler alternate way of just either jotting down the number on a piece of paper & then simply editing the existing record, to add in the new number, or just putting the number to memory in your head for a sec & making the contact edit - but hey, those are all too easy, and don't really use the technology, so here goes!)

What I would do to get a number out of the call log & into a contact:

Do a redial from the call log. As soon as you see 'dialing', hang up. You'll next see that screen about adding a new contact or editing an existing one, etc (unless you've turned that feature off) - choose the 'add to existing' one.

of course the next question is - what if the number is a work or mobile & it doesn't get added in to the right slot on the contact? Easy enough - once that number gets added, and you're in the contact record, you'll note that the newly pasted number is already highlighted - if you need to move the number to a different 'type' - work or mobile or whatever - just hit Menu/Cut, then go to the work or mobile whatever field and hit Menu/Paste.

There you go. (again, honestly - the 'keep it in your head for 20 seconds' approach is probably easier....
    Thanks for the thoughts. I would really like just a thing such as hold on item, Copy #, then paste into existing contact.

Anybody know if a RegEdit could help achieve the above goal?
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bighorse View Post
    My apologies...I didn't see the word 'existing'. I would like to know this, as well.
    No probs.