Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know why there's a WM6 upgrade for 750's while none for 700wx's? anything special (besides GSM/CDMA) that would not make the upgrade work?

thanks
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Palm's time is being spent on the 800w
    LongLivePalm
    thats crap... they know if they update the 700wx most people won't be able to find another feasible reason to buy the 800
  4.    #4  
    I can try to figure it out.

but first thing is why is the sprint updater uses *.nb0 *.nbh files while the verizon uses *.ruu files?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 66stang View Post
    thats crap... they know if they update the 700wx most people won't be able to find another feasible reason to buy the 800
    hahahaha...
    lemme break it down for you...

700w/x
    Evdo
    low screen res
    no wifi
    no gps
    two versions... one to fix a mistake (700w sucky?)

800w
    EDVO REVA!
    Crazy high res on nice screen (320x320)
    of course it has wifi
    gps, duh!
    two versions, to give business' choices for camera or non

ANY version of windows mobile couldn't save the 700w, sorry
    LongLivePalm
    frankly, you could narrow it down to just thickness & protruding antenna.
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Does anyone know why there's a WM6 upgrade for 750's while none for 700wx's? anything special (besides GSM/CDMA) that would not make the upgrade work?

thanks
    GSM Treos out-number CDMA Treos by a lot...so it makes more sense financially.

Who is going to pay for the development, testing and support?

Obviously Sprint and Verizon do not want to or else they would have asked for it...

That's basically how it works: the CDMA carriers have to request it from Palm and assume some of the financial burden.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    GSM Treos out-number CDMA Treos by a lot...so it makes more sense financially.

Who is going to pay for the development, testing and support?

Obviously Sprint and Verizon do not want to or else they would have asked for it...

That's basically how it works: the CDMA carriers have to request it from Palm and assume some of the financial burden.
    Hogwash, I would like to see your figures.
    The GSM Treo has been out only half as long as the CDMA Treos. From what I have read in thease forums the Treo is not very popular in Europe and big seller for V and Sprint. ATT must of had to fork over cash to get it?
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    The GSM Treo has been out only half as long as the CDMA Treos. From what I have read in thease forums the Treo is not very popular in Europe and big seller for V and Sprint. ATT must of had to fork over cash to get it?
    Seems to make sense. CDMA carriers seem to get the latest Treos first lately, hence the 800w especially. I don't hear anything about a GSM 800w. T-mobile hasn't had a Treo since I could remember. The 700w came out way before the 750. Now at&t jumped on the centro finally...yeah it makes sense, but I could be wrong. I do know no European would be caught with a brick for a cell phone. They are all about slim antennaless style and that an't never been the Treo. Palm shaved the antenna off the 750 with hopes of attracting more European customers but IMO cutting the tail off of a pig is just a chip off the icebearg.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    hahahaha...
    lemme break it down for you...

700w/x
    Evdo
    low screen res
    no wifi
    no gps
    two versions... one to fix a mistake (700w sucky?)

800w
    EDVO REVA!
    Crazy high res on nice screen (320x320)
    of course it has wifi
    gps, duh!
    two versions, to give business' choices for camera or non

ANY version of windows mobile couldn't save the 700w, sorry
    No offense but thats crap... no one is going to go out and upgrade their phone for resoultion or evdo blah blah blah or wifi... you got computer for fast internet. but when people hear "it's got wm6 instead of wm5", it may be the exact same OS but it gives people a REASON to THINK they need to upgrade... (in my opinion, just my 2 cents.
    put it this way... if they made the 800w with all the bells and whistles your talking about, but put WM5 on it, would people have an urge to upgrade? NO they wouldn't features get peoples attention, but an upgraded OS, gets upgrades )
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    put it this way... if they made the 800w with all the bells and whistles your talking about, but put WM5 on it, would people have an urge to upgrade? NO they wouldn't features get peoples attention, but an upgraded OS, gets upgrades )
    Sorry dude... If I had a WM2003SE palm with high screen resolution & gps, I'd get it over the 700wx any day. What massive change did M$ make in 6.0 that makes you so passionate about it?
    LongLivePalm
    I was plenty happy with WM2003SE too, but Sprint end of lifed my PPC6601 and I was forced into a different model when it crapped out last year.

I would be happy with my 700wx if the Bluetooth worked and it had a larger higher resolution screen.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Agreed... features far outweigh whatever OS they're put on
    LongLivePalm
    EXACTLY. I WANT AN UPDATE TOO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    TMobile hasnt carried them since the 600
    No offense but thats crap... no one is going to go out and upgrade their phone for resoultion or evdo blah blah blah or wifi... you got computer for fast internet. but when people hear "it's got wm6 instead of wm5", it may be the exact same OS but it gives people a REASON to THINK they need to upgrade... (in my opinion, just my 2 cents.
    I beg to differ on this point!! I thing a higher resolution screen, wifi (OK not so much for wifi), GPS, and faster speeds are very good, if not THE reason for upgrading!! Personally I can't wait for the 800, and I couldn't care less if it had WM5 or 6 or 7......it really wouldn't matter to me as long as the improvements I mentioned were there and worked!!! I like WM5, and just seeing a new OS is most definitely NOT something that lures me to upgrade (Vista anyone?), but add more capabilities, and better hardware....I'm all over it!!!!
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Nicely said... I wasn't trying to be mean when I asked
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    What massive change did M$ make in 6.0 that makes you so passionate about it?
    Really! I want WM6 really bad also! But what's your reason?
    LongLivePalm
    Having used devices with similar stats to the Treo 700wx with WM6 on them....am I the only one that doesn't want WM6 on my Treo?

WM6 runs like a dog on the Mogul. I can't imagine how bad it'd run on a 700w.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Does it really? I thought the Mogul was supposed to be one of the higher-up devices... are you sure it's the WM6 doing that? Are you on stock ROM?
    LongLivePalm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast