Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    Does it really? I thought the Mogul was supposed to be one of the higher-up devices... are you sure it's the WM6 doing that? Are you on stock ROM?
    It wasn't my phone, but my Mom's, so I used it a lot. She's not a power user by any stretch of the imagination (she can usually go 3 days without having to recharge, I'm lucky to go 1 ). Even she complained about problems.

She eventually switched to the Treoo 700wx. After trying the Mogul, Touch (she liked, but not the software keyboard), 755p (which she actually liked, but didn't want to use as she would have had to convert everything from WM to Garnet).

Do some searching on the Mogul, even a quick search turns up lots of complaints. The specs are pretty similar to the 700wx in a lot of areas, so I'd imagine that the 700wx wouldn't run much better than the Mogul. There's quite a few people using the Mogul who are switching to rom's with WM2005 on them....

I didn't try upgrading her rom (though I've read that the new rom has some problems with it), so that may have helped.

Gimmi 128+ megs and I think WM6 would be happy. 64 or (heaven forbid) 32 sounds painful.
    not saying there was any major change, i just don't see people spending another $300+ just for a bigger screen? i mean honestly if the 800w had a bigger screen but wm5, it wouldn't be as much of an attention grabber as bigger screen AND WM6 people THINK that it's this whole new updated system... but it's just a different name... no big change... it's just marketing is what i was saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by 66stang View Post
    not saying there was any major change, i just don't see people spending another $300+ just for a bigger screen? i mean honestly if the 800w had a bigger screen but wm5, it wouldn't be as much of an attention grabber as bigger screen AND WM6 people THINK that it's this whole new updated system... but it's just a different name... no big change... it's just marketing is what i was saying.
    OK that is a fair enough statement that marketing is a powerful tool, and JUST a slightly larger screen wouldn't be that much os an improvement!!

BUT....that isn't the case here, there is the new OS (not a biggie for me either), a larger screen (yes, THAT is nice), as well as: GPS (BIG +), wifi, more memory (256MB flash, 128MB RAM), faster speed, better camera, better BT capabilities (the old WX BT woes will be no more), and BT voice dialing (yes on the 755, but we are in the WX forum). I am sure there are a couple more I missed, but I think you see my point:

Lots of improvements + new OS (or old OS in my opinion)= worth spending that extra $300 for power users!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Lots of improvements + new OS (or old OS in my opinion)= worth spending that extra $300 for power users!!!!
    That's assuming you have to pay $300 too.

I picked up my 700wx for $100...and I woulda gotten it for free if the Mrs hadn't thrown away the stuff I needed for the rebate.

That was shortly after the wx was released, and well before my 2 years of using my current phone was up. There are sometimes advantages to being with a company for years (around 8 years at the time), always paying your bills on time, having multiple lines, and a nice big plan. They tend to fall over backwards to keep you happy...

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting another killer deal on the 800w, though we'll see if it's as good or not as the 700wx.
    Wellllll I am in the same boat as you, and doubt I will have to spend even CLOSE to $300, but I was just illustrating a point!!

Your right, being a long-standing good customer has it's perks!!!! LOL
    then i def see your point just for the wifi and more memory being a reason to upgrade... my apologies i didn't know about all the goodies
    That is why I can't wait!! As I mentioned before, I could stay with WM5 and be content, but us WXers do get left behind on a couple points that the 800 catches up on (GPS!!!! Woohoo).....(now if we can get an even larger screen going!!!! LOL).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12