1.    #1  
    I have Agile Messenger, and I would like to keep it open at ALL times. The thing is, WM decides when it needs to be closed, even if I don't want it closed. HOW can I keep the app open all the time?! There's GOT to be a way.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?...
  3.    #3  
    So... There is absolutely no way at all to manage your memory on your own so Windows doesn't decide to close an app that you would like to stay running? No way at all?
    This is an issue I've only encountered with the Treo. I've had a Q, i830w and Mogul. None of them arbitrarily shut down apps like the Treo. Hopefully someone has a solution.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    So... There is absolutely no way at all to manage your memory on your own so Windows doesn't decide to close an app that you would like to stay running? No way at all?
    Memory management on the Treo has always been an issue.
    I believe that over time, as your Treo looks at memory usage, it shuts down programs based on what it thinks needs to be open or closed.
  6.    #6  
    Well... It can't be over time, because I can open Agile Messenger, then open my messaging up to read a new email, and my phone will close Agile. But if I just read/respond to a text, and not an email, it stays open. It's nothing to do with email using the data connection as well, either. Because I can receive them all day long, it's just when I take a look at them, Agile closes. Same thing when I open IE, Agile closes, when I open Word Mobile, Agile closes. It's so annoying and frustrating. What's the point in paying for a program if you can't even keep it running in the background?
    sounds like a problem with agile. I have I'm+ and don't have that problem
    make sure it's installed in internal memory and not SD
    that is a good point. if it installed on a external card then you'll have those problems
  10.    #10  
    Not a problem with Agile, I have used IM+ and OctroTalk, and it's to the same effect. I have found out that it's WM closing the application when memory is low. I did a registry hack and have since solved the problem. I do thank you all for responding and at least trying to resolve my problem. I currently use OctroTalk now, with the registry hack.
    I have had IM+ for months and have NEVER had this issue so you must have been doing SOMETHING wrong...
    Treo 700w VS 700wx?

The 700w is known to have too little memory. When you run out, WM tries to clean up after you by closing programs that it thinks needs to be closed (that you aren't actively using).

It's not a problem on my 700wx, but I could see how it would be on the 700w.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    I have had IM+ for months and have NEVER had this issue so you must have been doing SOMETHING wrong...
    I don't understand how I could be doing something wrong. I'm no *****, I'm very tech/computer savvy. I was developing my own software, albeit very simple, at the age of 13. Anyway, you open the application, you log in and use it. When you receive a text message, you go to reply to that text, go back to IM+, voila, it's closed. If you're using a 700wx, then that's most likely why you've never had the problem.

For anyone that's had this problem, here's a band aid:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=124995
    I'm no *****, I'm very tech/computer savvy. I was developing my own software, albeit very simple, at the age of 13.
    And I was writing programs at 8, on my Apple IIe. So what?

Anyway, you open the application, you log in and use it. When you receive a text message, you go to reply to that text, go back to IM+, voila, it's closed. If you're using a 700wx, then that's most likely why you've never had the problem.

For anyone that's had this problem, here's a band aid:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=124995
    Have you tried the custom WM5 ROM? It has quite a few tweaks in it that may alleviate the issue.

You *COULD* try the WM6 one too. WM6 has better memory management, but I suspect that 32 megs of RAM is too little to run WM6 properly. It can be a bit of a dog at times even with 64 megs.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    And I was writing programs at 8, on my Apple IIe. So what?

Have you tried the custom WM5 ROM? It has quite a few tweaks in it that may alleviate the issue.

You *COULD* try the WM6 one too. WM6 has better memory management, but I suspect that 32 megs of RAM is too little to run WM6 properly. It can be a bit of a dog at times even with 64 megs.
    I was simply stating that it's basically stupid to say that I'm doing something wrong when it's as simple as opening the app and leaving it running. I wasn't bragging. But no, I haven't tried the custom ROM yet, I suppose I'll give it a try.