1.    #1  
    Hi,

Are there any experts who give advise on whether it's possible to 'convert' 'emails' to 'SMS' text messages for Windows Mobile by using a software or utility ?

Thanks - Mave
    I don't know about a software utility but you can forward emails to your SMS service and get the same result.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I don't know about a software utility but you can forward emails to your SMS service and get the same result.
    Thanks - how do i achieve this, if i use fastmail.fm or gmail ?

Mave
    With the ability to download POP and IMAP from gmail and probably also fastmail into the phone's e-mail messaging, I'm having a hard time imagining why you'd want to forward the e-mail to SMS.

Nonetheless, here's at least one answer to your question.

To forward all your gmail -- go to gmail, click on settings, click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP. Forward a copy of incoming mail to your phone at xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com. Note that the xxxxxxxxxx is your 10 digit phone number without any hyphens or other characters.

To forward some of your gmail -- go to mail, click on settings, click on filters. Set filters with sender's names or e-mail text or whatever helps you identify the mail; click Next Step and pick the Forward it to option with the SMS e-mail shown above.

To read your gmail online and manually select e-mail to forward, then simply forward it to the SMS e-mail in the first step.

Don't know anything about fastmail.