Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I am having an issue with my Treo 700w. I bought it used from a buddy of mine and it is in good condition. When I was activating it with Verizon saturday I took the battery out to get the ESN number, and when I put the battery back in, the phone would not power on. Not even when I held down the end/power button. But... when I plugged the charger cable in, then the phone would power on.

Same thing this morning. I was trying to update from 1.10 to 1.22, did the soft reset, put the battery back in... nothing. I tried going up to Verizon to see what they could do. One lady had a 700wx and took the battery out of hers and put it in my phone, still nothing. They claimed they tried it with the charger cable to power it on, and it wouldn't. So, on my way back to my office I decided to stop by Best Buy and see if they had any batteries. Well, the guy working in the mobile phone section was very helpful. I told him the situation with the phone, and he connected my phone to a charger cable. The phone powered on instantly.

So... I am stumped as to what could be wrong with it. The phone itself is running fine. This is the first smartphone I've owned and love it. Never again do I want to go back to a regular phone without a touchscreen.

What could be going on that would cause the phone to not power on after replacing the battery without connecting the charging cable?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ok here is my 2cents idk I was going to type a long message on try this nd that too help locate the issue then it click why? if u had ur phone for lest then 30days call verzion cust care add insurance go to the verzion store tell them ur phone has this issue nd u wanted it fixed... they shud swap ur treo for another refurbished one done!!
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

hype6477 locked in on twitter
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ^thanks. but what I was looking for was a solution. I want to be able to find and solve the problem physically. I like taking stuff apart and putting them back together, hacking phones, all that stuff. maybe it's a simple fix, maybe not. if all else fails then I'll go to verizon about it.