1.    #1  
    My camera on the 700wx just plain sucks. Everything has a blue tint to it. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Could it just be my phone?

Last edited by mercuryrsng; 03/31/2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Meant to put 700wx instead of 700w
    If its new (I know, how could a W be new) it may still have a blue celephane protector thingy covering it. When I had a W, my picture quality was great!
    I aint nobody, dork!
  3.    #3  
    Sorry...I mean't 700wx..

I have checked to see if there was a protector over it in almost an OCD manner...nothing...The lens is red.
    The camera takes poor pictures, and the phone that I just bought for my daughter the verizon LG flip screen takes beautiful color pictures. There is no color with mine, and i am not taking pictures with any special effects, if there are any.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    My 700WX doesn't take the best quality pix, but then I didn't buy it for the camera either
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

6.    #6  
    Yeah it just sucks...for the price of this phone, you would think that the camera would be decent since everything else is great on it.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    1) micp1480 you have to compare apples to apples I had the treo700wx when you all where thinkn about the release date and how u can add a line to your account so your eligible for the rebate on it and when that was it was a semi big deal... 1.3mp on a phone wow... the phone in the year plus its been out hasn't had a hardware change since it was created. so of course a newer phone with even the same mp will/could have a better pix cause well... its not the same as the one we used back in the day in (almost 2years n 5/6 months)

GeekCop Thank you if the phone supported mms then I can understand

3 adjust ur setting on the cam its self make sure there is nothn on the lense like dirt dust and stuff...
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

hype6477 locked in on twitter
  8.    #8  
    Yeah no dirty lense...and I have played with the settings over and over and over again...
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    if you look at my avatar i used my nextel i870 to take that pix off my girl... my signature i used my treo700wx i think the picture quality is a whole lot better on the treo then my nextel

my treo settings on the cam are:
    mode normal
    brightness 0
    resolution 1280x1024
    zoom 1x
    then in options i have still image compression level high quality
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

10.    #10  
    That is all the same that I have it set as, with the exception of my brightness being a little lighter. Your picture looks alot better than anything mine would take. Do you think it's worth it to take it to Verizon? They already looked at it once and told me that there didn't appear to be anything wrong with it and if I really thought it was not working properly, then Verizon would replace it.
    Hyphen, I went with your setting's and it made a big difference in the quality of the picture's. The other thing is that I was using a program called, "Cool Camera" thinking I was going to get a better quality picture, and this program was a waste, it made my pictures worse. Once again, thank you Hyphen.

MICP1480
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    np

My 700wx has poor camera quality as well.
    I used the cool camera app thinking it would be better, but actually is not anything to wow over. you may also try the hack that's floating around to make better quality images and video.
  15.    #15  
    Can't seem to find that hack. Can you point me in the correct direction, or repost it?

Thanks!
    yeahh.. my treo 700wx has horrible picture quality. makes things look kinda pale to me..
    here's a link for a reg edit, however it isn't the one that I was thinking of. i'll keep searching. but take a look at this for now.

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Win...egistry_Tweaks
  18.    #18  
    That doesn't really do much except folder location and something to do with the 3gp size limit on the video recording.