1.    #1  
    I am sure if my head is spinning, so is everyone elses, when it comes down to searching for the best quality bluetooth headset for the Treo 700WX. All I hear and see is that bluetooth is NOT the Treo's best friend. I have heard that some headset's drop calls, some make crackling noise during a conversation, and then I heard someone say that there is a device from Radio Shack that can make the impossible possible by having this device connect to your Treo that makes it voice capable, which you can't do now. So, I am asking for some feed back to see what has been working fairly well before I spend my hard earned money. Thank you everyone.

MICP1480
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I'm currently using a BlueAnt X3 micro and while I wouldn't call it the best BT device, it works fairly well for me. It has the ability of connecting with three devices simultaneously, which is nice as I have my Treo and my work issued cellphone. Check www.blueantwireless.com

BTW, the issue with the 700WX lies in the MS BT stack, not necessarily the device itself. The BT stack seems to be kind of picky as to what devices it will pair with. It doesn't seem to like the factory installed BT system in my Prius. It will connect, then randomly disconnect, and then reconnect, etc.

There's my $.02

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Tons of that discussion here. Does not seem to be one that is consistently better than others.

I have a Logitech Mobile Freedom I bought 3-4 years ago for my PPC6601, it worked flawlessly with that Pocket pc phone.
    With my 700wx it works well about 60% of time. The other 40% it either makes a loud buzzing sound and causes me to breakup to the other caller or just disconnects and will not reconnect. Funny thing is, it may work fine for a couple weeks then start having problems. May take three or four resets of phone to get it to work again.

Based on recomendation from Mal. I ordered a Blueant Z9 and will report back after using it for a while.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    I'm currently trying out the Plantronics Pulsar 260 Stereo Bluetooth Headset. So far:

Good:
    Great sound when playing MP3s from media player
    Media controls work well with media player
    No Problem pairing with 700w
    miniUSB port for charging

Bad:
    Still a lot of wires - its kind of like having a mini mp3 player
    sound quality on the other end of the call seemed so-so
    While having the Treo in my pocket and riding on the train, connection seemed a bit spotty while listening to music every now and then (seemed like other radio interference)

I'm probably going to return these and try something else.
    I've been using a Sony Ericsson HBH-610a for over a year and the HBH-610 before that. Works great. No problems with it whatsoever. You can probably find one on eBay for under $20. I've used this headset with every phone I've had the last two years and it's been great with all of them (MotoQ, Mogul, i830w, and the 700wx). The HBH-608 is ok, but I like the 610 much better.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I have been using the Jawbone Bt for quite some time with my 700wx and have had very little problem with it disconnecting. It's expensive in comparison to other BT headsets out there. It's about $120 but for me it was well worth it because it has a noise reduction feature which is great for talking in areas with a lot of background noise such as in a mall. The noise canceling feature is mainly designed for those on the other end so that they can hear you. Also another postive about the Jawbone is that it comes with 4different ear buds and 4 different peices that go around your ear so finding a comfortable fit is painless. If you're willing to spend the money I would highly recommend this device.
    Andy
    I received my BlueAnt Z9 yesterday at noon. After 2hours to charge up I paired it with my 700WX. PAiring was quick and simple.
    So far the good:
    Very comfortable to wear for long periods.
    Very small

So far the not so good:
    Call quality on both ends so so, people on my end sound some what muffled and distant.
    Other end says I am some what muffled too and tinny.
    Hard to answer, you have to hold the multifunction button too long.
    Disconnected in my office and would not re connect.

I was hoping for better. I will try through the weekend.
    Also I checked firmware and it is up to date.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    just got a h680 given to me and it seems to be working pretty good so far. no resets, sound quality is better im told. so far its been great. (3 days)

and previously, id have to reset about daily so im thrilled
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I just got the plantronics 855 the one with the detachable stereo ear bud. it works great. the only thing is the bt range isn't so good but I don't think its the headsets fault but rather the treos, since other headsets I've had did the same thing. other than that I love it. it plays mono audio through the headset too so I can look like I'm doing business but listening or watching media at the same time!!!
    see my detailed comments in the Z9 review, but with exception of knowing how to answer call now my previous observations still hold.
    Jawbone...