Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No, not until Q4.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    OK Thats It...

I am tired of waiting for the Treo 850 or HP 900, I ordered the iMate 8502.

3-7 days hurry up.

Regards
    graylion
    Will the 800WX have the means to send picture mail. It is so frustrating that sprint turned off this feature, when free to cheap phones can send pictures.
    Check out my site.

Http://www.paulrobbins.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulinbna View Post
    Will the 800WX have the means to send picture mail. It is so frustrating that sprint turned off this feature, when free to cheap phones can send pictures.
    i believe this is why its taking longer for us to see the 800
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    i believe this is why its taking longer for us to see the 800
    Actually, probably not this aspect of the Sprint software

Sprint has been pretty clear: no PictureMail on PDA devices and there are no immediate plans to change that. Long story on why and I think tonight I may be able to actually write up a detailed article on WMExperts--so hold tight if you want the nitty gritty.

However, there is a workaround out now (just released) which I will also detail.

So officially: no PictureMail on the 800w; Unofficially there is a solution.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Sprint has been pretty clear: no PictureMail on PDA devices and there are no immediate plans to change that. Long story on why and I think tonight I may be able to actually write up a detailed article on WMExperts--so hold tight if you want the nitty gritty.

However, there is a workaround out now (just released) which I will also detail.

Ooo.... Let me know when you get that posted.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I think I'm tired of waiting. I think I'm numb for waiting so long for this phone and now Samsung has come with this instinct and it has some good and bad; however this screen is whats got me leaning towards it. Plus there is a definite release date!!!!!!!!!!

We have seen it and there is no guessing to what it looks like and there is no guessing to what it has.
    The 800???????????? Who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by avaryj View Post
    I think I'm tired of waiting. I think I'm numb for waiting so long for this phone and now Samsung has come with this instinct and it has some good and bad; however this screen is whats got me leaning towards it. Plus there is a definite release date!!!!!!!!!!

We have seen it and there is no guessing to what it looks like and there is no guessing to what it has.
    The 800???????????? Who knows.
    Very true...I'd prefer a keyboard and the 1handed operation of a Treo but there i no real date. it could be July or September or Palm could merge with Motrola and the whole thing scrapped. Also if the Iphone comes out in May or June with OLED screen + GPS man that will be hard to pass up.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Amen to that!

This waiting is over a year now and there have been so many rumors told about the release date for the 800. Now I'm seeing a release for the 2nd quarter. I have the 650 and I have been saying for the past year that I would wait to get the latest and greatest Treo from Palm and I don't mean that little Centro (way too small for these hands). I have to have a PDA phone for my buisness and the 650 is on it's last leg, my 2 year agrrement is over, and I want something new. Shame on you Sprint/Palm. You guys are treating us loyals like CRACK HEADS!!! We need the fix right now darn it!!!!!!!!!

That Instinct is looking better by the day to these hungry eyes.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Why Sprint say no picturemail on PDA?

while we both dont know what it really is.... and im having a had to getting the details there is still a possibility... but ur probably right, it can be anything, and only time will tell for certain. Heck, everything we find out now can be true, but last minute palm or sprint changes something, takes it away, or ads it. I see it happen all the time in the VC world.

quick quesiotn tho, i thought i had picturemail on my 755p??
    yeah, palm os devices have pic mail (centro has it), just not any WM (and I hear BB don't either).

Basically Sprint needs to license software to do it and they won't . they're on record as saying "no picmail on WM devices"..

I'll try to explain more in the article...but it probably won't post till Friday.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avaryj View Post
    That Instinct is looking better by the day to these hungry eyes.
    But the Instinct is **not** a Win-Mob Prof. phone!! The Touch by HTC is a great phone, and Verizon's release coming end of April will have GPS, everyone is saying. Ought to be worth looking at. But...if it does not have GPS, I'm waiting for the Treo 800w.
    Are we talking about the SPRINT phone or one for AT&T here??? Vodafone, much like Sprint, has it on its upcoming phones sheet with the note: Replaces Treo 750v. Come on now...
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

hey hey hey, this confirms most of the info i was given bro... check it out:

Sprint to offer MMS to MW users
    This is just popped up in the Buzz About Wireless chat with John Garcia the chief marketing officer for Sprint.

Steve asked: PictureMail is not available on PDA-style devices - I have a PPC-6700 with WM 6.0. And this device, when I purchased it said it was PictureMail compatible; but while using it I have learned otherwise. And I am wondering if/when Sprint is going to allow the higher end PDA devices to partake in the PictureMail features (since we are pay ing fo r it; although we can't use it). It would seem like a logical thing do to, since the Instinct is coming out soon; just allow PictureMail on the PDA-style devices. If a business doesn't want their employees to have access to this feature then they can request it be removed. But please, don't penalize all of us PDA users, for a few people's wants/needs.

John Garcia : We're working with Microsoft to build a PictureMail application that will work on their Windows product to give you a similar experience as our other products. As some of you may be aware, currently, you can actually do this on a Windows product, but you have to do it through e-mail or Bluetooth. We realize this is cumbersome. We're working to enhance this for you soon.

Looks promising! Maybe this will be one of the features in the Windows 6.1 upgrades all current WM6 phones are going to receive this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    hey hey hey, this confirms most of the info i was given bro... check it out
    (pulls pipe from mouth)

Indeed sir!

Article is up:
    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/sp..._the_work.html

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Why does sprint always seem to get stuff first? And why is Verizon so slow? Any ideas? I really want the 800 but to wait for Verizon to get it might be forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    Why does sprint always seem to get stuff first? And why is Verizon so slow? Any ideas? I really want the 800 but to wait for Verizon to get it might be forever.
    VZ is the most control oriented carrier. Or has been so far.
    Verizon seems to take longer putting things through "testing". Also I think they work harder on getting their services/apps to work with each device. it takes time and there can be big delays. that may change tho
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    I have no proof of this and this is just my opinion but I think one of the reasons is simply that Verizon has more bureaucracy when it comes to getting phones approved. I also think the line that Verizon puts out there that they take longer because they are working the bugs out and want to make sure of the best customer experience is complete garbage. With the 6800, they released it with the same buggy 2.09 ROM that Sprint released months before them. So what were they doing all that time? Well one thing they did change from the Sprint version was to remove the Ineternet Connection Sharing app in hopes of trying to force people to use their software and pay the extra fee if they want to tether. Seems that at least some of that extra time it took them to release the device may have been spent on crippling it. I'm not trying to say that one carrier is better than another (Sprint and ATT certainly have their fair share of faults as well) but I don't see why it should not be possible for Verizon to release handsets in a more timely fashion. I think Verizon is just incredibly inefficient when it comes to approving new handsets and that they use the excuse of a more rigorous testing process as a smoke screen to cover their behinds.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    VZW is a joke. It's such a shame that the company with the best network and customer service also has to have the worst phones. They could have a monopoly if they would just give up this "testing" BS and just put out some decent phones.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast