1.    #1  
    So this is like the 5th time this has happened to me, and the only way to fix it is to run a backup I made from my last SPB Backup session.

I'll get a text message, but when I delete it, all of a sudden the space in which it occupied becomes unusable.

I'll try to delete it over and over, but it still sticks.

See where I've drawn the arrow below:

Now if I tap in that space, the messaging app crashes sometimes, or sometimes it'll open a message I received prior, that I thought I deleted.

Other than me performing a backup restore, is there anyway to correct whatever is corrupted?

This is really a hassle!!

Here's another screenshot after I have some more messages in the inbox.

The "unusable space" just gets pushed down the inbox.

Any way to resolve this would be awesome!
  2.    #2  
    Well I went ahead and used one of my spb backups so my DB is ok again, but if anyone reads this, and knows how to delete the Treo's MESSAGING Database so it can start a new one (and remove the corruption) I'd still be interested in a solution.

With the way this has been happening to me, I fully expect it to happen again.

I just don't get it, has this happened to anyone else?

This is on my ATT branded unlocked Treo 750, with the last summer leaked ATT Windows Mobile 6 ROM.
    Well, for one thing, I would get off of that "leaked" ATT rom. I ran that one too and it definitely wasn't ready for release.

It worked fine for the most part, but in 3G areas it tanked my battery fast. The official release is MUCH better.

Don't know if it will fix your issues but it's worth a shot. I'll PM you with some links for loading the official Unbranded release.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlerner View Post
    Well, for one thing, I would get off of that "leaked" ATT rom. I ran that one too and it definitely wasn't ready for release.

It worked fine for the most part, but in 3G areas it tanked my battery fast. The official release is MUCH better.

Don't know if it will fix your issues but it's worth a shot. I'll PM you with some links for loading the official Unbranded release.
    Thanks. I mean I'm on T-Mobile so no 3G / no battery issues.

Let me ask this:

Once I load the ROM you give me, could I use my SPB backup on the newly imaged Treo to load all my apps again?

I'd hate to have to start from SCRATCH again.

EDIT: Answered my own question. After flashing w/the unbranded firmware, restoring my spb backup made the phone unable to attach to the tmobile network.

Flashed back to my leaked att rom until I can find time to start from scratch.
    Last edited by blacknoi; 03/30/2008 at 01:45 PM.
    Thanks for the update. I would have guessed that it would have worked since they are both WM6. I guess there were some significant differences in the releases.

Just make sure to go through all your network settings and write them down so you can restore it after you re-flash.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlerner View Post
    Thanks for the update. I would have guessed that it would have worked since they are both WM6. I guess there were some significant differences in the releases.

Just make sure to go through all your network settings and write them down so you can restore it after you re-flash.
    Yea, now I'm having issues receiving MMS messages (can send but never receive) so tonight looks like my night to write down all my settings, use your rom (well the one you pm'ed me) and start over w/the unbranded rom... Hopefully I'll be all set after that.

Man, these treos are as much work as a Windows based PC sometimes!!
    Hehe... That's because they ARE a Windows based PC, only pocket sized.

This just happened to me for the first time last night after 10 months!!!!

Is there a way to fix this short of a hard reset/restore?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    This just happened to me for the first time last night after 10 months!!!!

Is there a way to fix this short of a hard reset/restore?
    I'm glad to know it wasn't just ME getting this issue.

MVT, You have WM 6.1 and this happened to you? I was using 6.0.

And no, no one was able to tell me how to fix this, short of a fully restore from a point when you didn't have the issue.

Thtats what I had to do last time... no fix in site unfortunately. Hope you have a backup from a recent time. ....
    yeah I can't delete a txt msg thread that is over 4 weeks old. More importantly, i seem to be missing texts that others have supposably sent me.
    I have never done a restore/backup. Can someone show me how? Unless there's another solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcospo View Post
    yeah I can't delete a txt msg thread that is over 4 weeks old. More importantly, i seem to be missing texts that others have supposably sent me.
    I have never done a restore/backup. Can someone show me how? Unless there's another solution.
    unfortunately the only way i got around this same issue was a hard reset. I couldn't recieve or send text messages and it never dawned on me about the message i couldn't delete causing it. I had even called at&t and they found that I didn't have a data plan that I was using their media net max package on the 750 and bumped me to a data plan. THEY said it would correct my issue and of course it didn't so in the end I ended up wiping my 750 clean and now have to pay more each month.