Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We're listening in on the Palm Quarterly Results Conference call and we have some bad news to report. CEO Ed Colligan just confirmed our worst fear, with regard to “new Windows Mobile Treos,” he said this:

> *Those products are not coming out this quarter.*

Ouch. Earlier in the call Colligan said new Windows Mobile Treos would be released “before the end of summer.” If you're currently entered in our Treo 800w Rumortastic Giveaway, it's time to go update your guess.

That giveaway, if you didn't know, is that we are going to give away a Treo 800w plus some great extras to a lucky commenter who can guess the release date.

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/tr...rive_unti.html

On the bright side, Colligan is also saying that the new Treo (which he didn't name, but come on!) “will be the most competitive enterprise solution in the marketplace.”
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 03/20/2008 at 04:17 PM.
    With this much time . . . . .it best be 'fixed' on arrival !!

Anyone confirm true GPS yet?
    I listened to the call also, man that means most likely july.
    Damn!! Off to the Tilt. Ordering as we speak.

RMD
    If the Touch's GPS patch was out, I'd be willing to give it a try.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Colligan has got to be the most incompetent CEO in the country. The private equity investors in the company are being snowed and are novice PE investors. The performance of Palm shows and the whole board should be shot for bringing Palm to the brink of irrelevance. Worst descruction of a consumer electronics company in quite a while.

That guy is a complete joker...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
    I listened to the call also, man that means most likely july.
    July? Boy that is wishful thinking...I would say more like mid-September...
    If this is true, I for one will not be "waiting"
    These days the choices are numerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    If Android is the perfect Treo, Then Palm is in real trouble (has been in trouble). Somewhere I saw that the Android will sell more phones than the Iphone. I am disappointed in Palm. I glad I got the Motorola Q9C in the interim. I was so hoping for June 1, guess I will say my new date as July 15 (no the 19th My Mom's BD)

Sorry guys. ED should resign! Maybe put Jon R in charge and roll the dice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Does anyone have the email for Roger Mcnamee over at elevation partners? i for one have had it with this CEO. When you think about it--all the innovation from palm in terms of new products came from other people. This guy is killing this company.

Seems like an email campaign to get rid of this Colligen and get some new products out of Palm would be in irder.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    Does anyone have the email for Roger Mcnamee over at elevation partners? i for one have had it with this CEO. When you think about it--all the innovation from palm in terms of new products came from other people. This guy is killing this company.

Seems like an email campaign to get rid of this Colligen and get some new products out of Palm would be in irder.
    Dumb kids.

Anyhow just because your frustrated Palm wont pump out a shiny treo fast enough for you doesnt mean the CEO is incompetent.

Actually he sounded like he is executing his plan and they are well on their way back to profitablility...

Some people have no hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by WMExperts Articles View Post
    > *Those products are not coming out this quarter.*

Ouch. Earlier in the call Colligan said new Windows Mobile Treos would be released “before the end of summer.” If you're currently entered in our Treo 800w Rumortastic Giveaway, it's time to go update your guess.[/URL]
    Funny enough, back in Jan I guessed 11 Aug 08. Palm is spacing their products out... as I said before the linux version will not be seen at a carrier until at least apr 09. At least then... more than likely later, if at all.

Palm is hoping on Android being a flop, which it won't. Access is moving forward with their offerings... WM is going to play catch up with Apple... Android is trying to catch up with apple and MS.

Sucks for palm right now... things are REALLY hard at that company. Hopefully they can convince shareholders that "the future" will be bring glory back to Palm. Right. And the South will rise again.

Whatever....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Even though it sounds way too optimistic now, I gotta stick with my cause. June 20th is the first day of summer, and it hasn't passed yet.
    For the cause!
    Who's flying this thing?
    Can't decide which sarcastic reply best fits:

a) What it is is that this baby will be rocking a whole new OS - CairoMob, and Cairo is just running a *tiny* bit behind schedule.

b) C'mon, you know anything demo'd at a Gatesnote doesn't hit market for at *least* a year (hi, media extenders, surface!)

c) Jayzus, Bono has to personally test every foo-ken device personally now, right? Ya got no foo-ken idea what that adds to the QA cycle, now do ya?
    Editor-in-chief, iMore
    Executive producer, Mobile Nations
    Co-host, Iterate, Debug, ZEN & TECH, Ad hoc, MacBreak Weekly
    Cook, grappler, photon wrangler.

http://www.imore.com
    http://www.mobilenations.com
    http://twitter.com/reneritchie
    We better at least get WM 6.1 (maybe 6.2 or 7 by the time its actually released? ) for our waiting.
    Dumb kids.

Anyhow just because your frustrated Palm wont pump out a shiny treo fast enough for you doesnt mean the CEO is incompetent.

Actually he sounded like he is executing his plan and they are well on their way back to profitablility...

Let's see there was the Foleo-
    And now long have peopel who bought 700s and 755s been waiting for the 800? Let's see we had launch guess of last summer, then fall, then winter, and prety much every 3 months they push it back to just around the corner. Since they acquired handspring (which got them the Treo) they really have not been able to launch anything market leading. They fired their entire Wi-fi team because they were supposedly incompetent....come on, if you are shaking up the organization and firing people and it doesn't seem to be working and can't get a product out..
    or the procuts you can get out -like the foleo --are so bad you have to cancel it because its so bad it embarasses the company and several directors..then yeah--it might be a good idea to look at putting in a new Ceo that can launch products.

Put in Jeff hawkins--or someone with a track record of being able to launch products on time.

Oh and if all of that isn't enough for ya--then go ahead and check out the stock price...its like 4.5 in after hours.

You'd think Palm was selling mortgages not smartphones.
    Dumb kids.

let me count; how many years with the same operating system? The Centro and the 755p with basically no new ehancements
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Palm does it again. Delay, delay, and more delay. That's what they are good at now. Can they even survive the summer without a new product?
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    I don't know why anyone is surprised it's "Late Summer." I'm not. I was really not expecting this until say October 1-ish.
    Too bad it'll probably only be for Verizon / Sprint, and not AT&T.
    If A CEO has to repeat over and over on a conference call his company "has a future"...and "I'm confident we have a bright future"....they pretty much don't. Palm's best bet is to get some profressional management in there and try and turn it around.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast