Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    As someone that uses a somewhat bulky LCD projector all the time, the picoprojector is something I really look forward to them integrating

Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    Are you saying that it's 'game over' just 'cause Apple has entered the market? I figure that Hooligan* and company might be more interested in competing on margins, cost-effectiveness, etc, but if they (or any other company) choose to get ambitious, we could see more interesting products. I mean, who thought that sliders would get any more interesting before the Xperia1 was unveiled?

Heck... maybe someone will come up with a flexible phone... one that could survive being placed in a pocket better than a rigid phone. Or maybe they'll put in a TV output or a picoprojector so you can share presentations or photos with others. Or, perhaps they'll concentrate on the PIM apps and make them more smoothly and intuitively integrate with multiple calendars.

A little imagination, and a bunch of money, and hopefully we don't end up with something as poorly received as a Foleo.

* I just couldn't resist the urge to call him Hooligan... it popped into my head and, well, I usually frown at name-calling and that sort of thing (but I'm all for constructive criticism), but I was just too amused. Come on... doesn't "Hooligan and Co." sound like it should be some company's name anyway? Ah, well... I offer my admittedly half-hearted apologies to any offended.

[disclaimer: I spent half the time on this post on the above footnote.]

[disclaimer to the disclaimer: I've apparently given up on sounding serious.]
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I love Sprint with my SERO. Save me tons of money! ATT suck!
    yeah I know att sucks. but a 3g iphone with GPS and maybe even an OLED screen with that crazy nice resolution.

all out probably in 30-60 days or sooner.....i can't resist.
    If they would only just at least announce the 800w I would be much happier to wait. At least when they showed off the 700w I knew it was going to happen and it made it easier. I have now been eligible for my Verizon phone upgrade discount for 5 months now and still Palm has not released this. I want to give them my money but they aren't giving me anything to buy! In over 2 years too! The 800w better be awesome and live up to the rumored specs (and Verizon better not kills those features either).
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    yeah I know att sucks. but a 3g iphone with GPS and maybe even an OLED screen with that crazy nice resolution.

all out probably in 30-60 days or sooner.....i can't resist.

you would be crazy to leave sprint's sero plan just for the iphone. You are gonna have to pay at least double maybe even triple what you payon sprint for the iphone. Not to mention drop another 6 bills for the iphone all together
    hey guys could u explain to me what exactly the sero plan is and how do u get it?
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    There are many sites about sero plan if you do google search and here is one:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...highlight=sero
    Yes, let's not turn this into yet another SERO hijack thread.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    you would be crazy to leave sprint's sero plan just for the iphone. You are gonna have to pay at least double maybe even triple what you payon sprint for the iphone. Not to mention drop another 6 bills for the iphone all together
    Probably 20 bucks more a month...but I get an Iphone.
    Sprint has nothing that's comparable and hasn't had a treo upgrade in 2 years + and there aint no guarantee we'll get one any time soon boys.
    Like what's the average life expectancy then compare that with Palms product life cycles. Life is short, the decision seems clear.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fumblerooski View Post
    Yes, let's not turn this into yet another SERO hijack thread.
    Eh, that's what we get for being Treo fanatics. CTIA has come and gone and all we hear about Palm is crickets chirping. It's no wonder threads about the 800w are sailing off-topic.

The Sony Ericsson Xperia is looking really interesting. If they pull it off, I might consider going back to a slider phone. And it'll probably be released on a GSM carrier before the 800w comes out for Verizon anyway!
    I briefly left Sprint for ATT and the Tilt. I loved the Tilt but ended up going back to Sprint because the ATT HSDPA network was nowhere near as extensive as Sprint's EVDO network in the areas I used it in. It also didn't help that the ATT service cost a little more than double than what Sprint was charging me and ATT didn't offer any insurance for the phone either. For anyone that is going to switch, I would recommend opening up a new line of service first (with a new number) and testing out the ATT network by taking advantage of the 30 day guarantee. If you decide the network offers sufficient coverage and you want to make the switch, you can port your number then, no need to do it immediately. That way, in the event you decided you wanted to stay with Sprint, you would still have your plan and wouldnt have to start a new contract.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Eh, that's what we get for being Treo fanatics. CTIA has come and gone and all we hear about Palm is crickets chirping. It's no wonder threads about the 800w are sailing off-topic.

The Sony Ericsson Xperia is looking really interesting. If they pull it off, I might consider going back to a slider phone. And it'll probably be released on a GSM carrier before the 800w comes out for Verizon anyway!
    i really thought we would have a 800 sighting from somewhere. well, the news is getting worse for palm as we speak.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...ted-q3-losses/
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post
    I briefly left Sprint for ATT and the Tilt. I loved the Tilt but ended up going back to Sprint because the ATT HSDPA network was nowhere near as extensive as Sprint's EVDO network in the areas I used it in. It also didn't help that the ATT service cost a little more than double than what Sprint was charging me and ATT didn't offer any insurance for the phone either. For anyone that is going to switch, I would recommend opening up a new line of service first (with a new number) and testing out the ATT network by taking advantage of the 30 day guarantee. If you decide the network offers sufficient coverage and you want to make the switch, you can port your number then, no need to do it immediately. That way, in the event you decided you wanted to stay with Sprint, you would still have your plan and wouldnt have to start a new contract.
    Well I actually am not on a SERO plan, SERO is far better than my current pricing- prolly by 10-20 bucks. But that's a good strategy I think. I am not under contract.

Supposedly they are turning on large amounts of their 3g network...hence the big deal around all their phones being 3g within a couple months. But yeah I should really check and see how their network is in San Francisco/northern cali where I use it.

Apple is just innovating so much on the software side around the things I care about web browsing/email, GPS and overall integration of information. I am not a fan of not having a keyboard but it seems like if this thing is out in 60 days..there is no guarantee there will be a TREO 800 any time soon. things get delayed etc. and Palm just doesn't come out with products on an acceptable cycle. once a year or at least once every 2 years. Apple seems to be on the ball.

I could unlock it and go over to T-mobile but the truth is Sprints network is perfect for how I use phones. Always has been. Just they got no good phones.

Plus the topper on the cost savings issue is I see a lot of 16 yo kids with Iphones--if they can afford it so can I. lol.
    Last edited by gadgetfreaky; 04/08/2008 at 09:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    i really thought we would have a 800 sighting from somewhere. well, the news is getting worse for palm as we speak.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...ted-q3-losses/
    Oh, God...

now a 57 million loss? Maybe this is how they planned it.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I think I'm gonna cry.... Although I'd be absolutely thrilled with the 700wx with wm6...... :sigh:

btw - theog - 01000011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01000010 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01010100 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001

I did the same with VZW but sent the Tilt back after I discovered it could not/would not render a web page I need in a readable form. Tried a number of browsers as well. No Joy. Great handset, loved the 128MB of RAM, but poor network service where I live. HSDPA was great where you find it, but it seems to be in only bigger cities right now.

If the Titan/Mogul had 128MB of RAM, I would still have one. Too bad the TILT is GSM only.

RMD

I recently left Sprint for AT&T to. I agree that HSDPA isn't quite as extensive as Sprints EVDO network. Sprints EVDO netwok is almost everywhere the PCS network occupies. I had to leave because my voice coverage where I live now was becomming unbearable with dropped calls. AT&T seems to be better than Verizon where I am and further north. I do get awesome HSDPA speeds near the city when I am at work. AT&T 3G coverage is spreading outward more toward the suburbs where I live because my BJ II picks up 3G in the southern areas of my area as I head to work.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Why is that Palm lost money?

All you have to do is come up with innovative product quicker.

If HTC is making their own PPC, then why would they be any quicker to help Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Ah! Great

Well, it's official as that is an announcement of "new phones" and ones getting the upgrade.

Treo 800w = WM 6.1
    I guess this means you've officially avoided eating crow.
    Who's flying this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
    I guess this means you've officially avoided eating crow.
    I'm pretty close I think...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567