Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Before I consider the change after a year with my 700wx, why should I keep it? I'm really tired of the size and it appears the 800x is not coming out anytime soon.

$300 is the going price for a used Pearl (Sprint). Is it worth it? Pros cons?

I searched this forum and found very little on this topic.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I don't get that why wud you pay 300 for a used treo when a new one is only 99.99?

I have/had that its cool I just think the device is limited doesn't do much doesn't do mms messaging or threaded sms messaging and its not touch screen you get blckberry messenger which is cool Its like aim but only for blackberrys and there is an awsome blackberry form called pinstack.com I think (im a member just don't use my pearl ne more) that helps you with your issues.... it will change ur data plan maybe its 30bucks a month you will gain sprint navigation sprint tv which will allow you to watch some live tv

buy a memor card for it and save everything to the card sprints blackberrys have some issues right now and your blackberry will do some strange things like not show you your call history if you overload the device memory. you can get ramble I'm for the device which I love for my aol I'm it allows me to go into aol chat rooms and talk to my friends on there......

does this help you any?
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

hype6477 locked in on twitter
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply. I am just ready for a smaller device and the touch screen no longer is keeping me around. I think that the new Pearl has a bunch of great options it is just hard to leave a windows mobile device for Blackberry.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I work with several people who have the Blackberry Pearl and aren't happy with it. Yes, I can see why you would want to switch to something smaller, however, explore the other options first. For example, the Centro which was given a very strong review on the home page of Treocentral recently is about as small as the Blackberry yet still has a full Qwerty keyboard unlike the Pearl, which, happens to be an aspect that I've heard several complaints about from Blackberry Pearl owners.

Currently, the Blackberry phones use Rim as an internet browser/provider and there's been problems with this system that have left Blackberry users Nation wide quite frustrated. I read a report about this happening recently on Cnn in which thousands of Blackberry users lost access to the internet for several hours because of the Rim system and no good explanation was given from the company to Blackberry users.

Personally, if you're looking to explore smaller smartphones I would at least give the centro a thought.
    I have played with the Pearl. Great phone, i would have one in a heartbeat if I wanted a dumb phone and carry a pocket pc with it. But as a replacement for the Treo 700wx by itself, too light weight for me.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    So I guess that I should keep the Treo for the time being until I decide if the Pearl is right for me. The new Pearl offered by Sprint seems pretty nice with all of its options.

I do However love the 700wx since it is capable of doing tons of things that I need. Microsoft Outlook runs my world from emails to tasks. It was a big selling point when I found out that the Pearl linked up with tasks as well as calender/contacts.

I'm just tired of having a brick in my pocket when I'm off of work (it stays on my belt at work which is not as bad). I really try hard to dress nice at work only to look weird with my computer hanging off my belt on one side.

I simply feel that the 800x is going to be extremely expensive for quite a long while.