1.    #1  
    I've heard a couple of people say good things about the contact management program, QDz. However, I haven't found a way to have it replace the original Contacts program on the Today screen.

Am I missing something? Is QDz only ment to be accessible via the program Menu?

What I really want is a way to send text messages from the "Contacts Search", without having to tap and hold.

--Cam
    Last edited by Lochiel; 03/17/2008 at 12:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    well never heard of that progam but with the oem text program all u have to do is click new message and type there name in and it pulls up the contact.....

if you install palms sms threaded sms (instructions are the 1st sticky http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139379 ) does the same thing and it keeps the sms's in chat form like a aol instant message conversation.

does this help or is this too much work / you want something easier?
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

hype6477 locked in on twitter
  3.    #3  
    Its the "Clicking new message" that gets me... pull Treo out, one hand someones name... then pull out the stylus and Press & Hold to get the menu to text or email.

I guess I had expected QDz to replace the contacts app in every instance... from the quick search on the Today menu, to selecting a contact from inside the email, to cooking breakfast. I can't see why you'd have an application that managed contacts and didn't replace the oem one.

I will try the threaded Sms hack tonight. Thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I think you would like the threaded sms app it replaces your left soft key for sms messages gives you a pop up notifications you got a text then u click go to and bada bing it takes u too the text...

if u have any issues let me know
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

5.    #5  
    Not at all what I was looking for, but exactly what I wanted.

Except that when some people send me a text, I get it as both SMS and Text. Any advice?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    did you follow the 20 or so steps with the link as well?

7.    #7  
    I thought I had, but after I coping the files out of the Palm Messaging folder and into the Windows folder again I haven't had any problems. Mind fart on my part.

Thank you for your help. This is a great improvement.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    np mane enjoy