1.    #1  
    when i had the ppc6700 there was a registry hack to always be connected to the net(when u hang up the phone it would automatically connect to the net instead of u having to first pulling up a program that required the internet and you would see a pop up notice saying connecting to internet)

is there a hack similar to this for the Treo? i search but couldnt find.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
    when i had the ppc6700 there was a registry hack to always be connected to the net(when u hang up the phone it would automatically connect to the net instead of u having to first pulling up a program that required the internet and you would see a pop up notice saying connecting to internet)

is there a hack similar to this for the Treo? i search but couldnt find.....
    Mine stays connected. As long as I am in a good signal area. No hack required.

-Frank
    If you have a weather program, how about changing the update so it happens more frequent, like every 10 minutes.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Always On GPRS (WM5.0)

1 here you go jupiter
    Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A3 8-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\(GPRS connection name)\AlwaysOn". Change the value from 0 to 1.

2 with this on I did notice incoming calls where not coming in as effectively with this off but just my 2 cents.
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

hype6477 locked in on twitter
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    so I can't edit my post via treo idk why but then again "I don't care" i want the post count lol

ne ways ok an easier way to do it is click the link and download the program (click the big blue box that reads download in white letters)

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/get-...-v2-0-2-0.html

after you download the program and run it on the left soft key it reads menu then go to connection settings once that screen opens click always conneceted then the left softkey which is either ok or done and choose the left softkey again which is either ok or done then yes on the softrest enjoy.
    Last edited by hyphen; 03/18/2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: complaints
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

Your link doesn't work.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    Always On GPRS (WM5.0)

1 here you go jupiter
    Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A3 8-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\(GPRS connection name)\AlwaysOn". Change the value from 0 to 1.

2 with this on I did notice incoming calls where not coming in as effectively with this off but just my 2 cents.

i dont think GPRS is what im looking for?

and for that other program im not trying to install and .net software
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    gprs is what ur looking for it the samething as evdo for gsm devices

Just keep pinging your 'treo's ip' from another computer at home/work. that will keep the connection alive, but expect 35mb of data each day for ping (you can set it to ping every 5-10 seconds for less data)
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Just keep pinging your 'treo's ip' from another computer at home/work. that will keep the connection alive, but expect 35mb of data each day for ping (you can set it to ping every 5-10 seconds for less data)

can u explain how to do this? and wouldnt my treos ip keep chaning?(dynamic)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    gprs is what ur looking for it the samething as evdo for gsm devices
    ok ima try this on my treo and see what happens