Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Comeon... you havent missed that keyboard that doesnt need to be slid open?
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    That is one reason I kind of hate wanting to switch. The keyboard on the Treo is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    I do, but not as much as I thought I would. With the TouchPal SIP, I can respond to text messages very quickly and accurately without sliding out the keyboard. I only miss the keyboard for the shortcuts (i.e. launching programs from the Start menu or email shortcuts). It's just that the extra features of the Tilt make up for the better form factor and Palm's Special Sauce for now.
    Last edited by gadgetluva; 10/29/2007 at 10:01 AM.
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelKernel View Post
    I'm holding out for a Palm/Garnet OS version, 'though. I hope they work those WM "Soft Keys" into the Home and Menu keys.
    Agreed on both counts. Give me this look, Centro-sized (with a slightly-stiffer rubbery keyboard--the Centro's feels like bubble wrap!), running Palm OS (even if still Garnet) on GSM. And a side order of world peace.
    So... Its 2 weeks from Black Friday....

Will there be a new WM Treo before Christmas??

Or will it launch AFTER Christmas in January. WHich of course makes no sense expecially in a recession.
    You can add an experience I had this weekend to the rumor mill. I was at a bar this past weekend watching some college football and happened to meet a Sprint corporate marketing rep. She claimed that the 800w would be out "around Christmas time". We'll see. Sprint needs a new "wow" device before Christmas IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins View Post
    Sprint needs a new "wow" device before Christmas IMHO.
    While I'll gladly welcome a pre-Christmas release, I think Sprint has a fairly nice holiday lineup now:

- $99 Centro
    - HTC Touch (this looks more "wow" than a Treo e.g. eye candy)
    - Razr 2
    - Moto Q9c

It'd be great to throw a new Treo in that lineup, but I don't think it'd kill them not to have it. Treos are more conservative and I don't see them as the next killer device. But who knows.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I hope they do. I have a few Benjamin's in my checking account waiting for a new Treo.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post
    So... Its 2 weeks from Black Friday....

Will there be a new WM Treo before Christmas??

Or will it launch AFTER Christmas in January. WHich of course makes no sense expecially in a recession.

aren't the high end palm's mostly business users? So christmas really wouldn't matter.

(dont know - just asking)
    My money's on that we won't see a new Treo in consumers' hands until 2008. The high end Treos don't usually make the Christmas shopping season.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Yea for some reason I highly doubt the 800 will be out this year. I bet there probably won't even be any new news on it until atleast after christmas. The wait for a new treo has definitely been very long for some, but I'm definitely going to wait it out to see what they include in the 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    My money's on that we won't see a new Treo in consumers' hands until 2008. The high end Treos don't usually make the Christmas shopping season.
    I agree but the 650 did.
    They tried really hard with the 700w, even announcing it months in advance, but it only made 1/06. I know it's VZW but still...

My money's on late Q1/early Q2 2008
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    I agree but the 650 did.
    he said high end
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Regardless, if the 800w (or whatever it will be called) was going to be available before 2008, it would have been announced by now. The 650 was announced in October. Sprint was the only carrier until 2008. I would have expected similar circumstances with the 800.

So I maintain we won't get it until 2008.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Only roughly 6 weeks till Christmas and we only have one leaked photo so far. Unless we get another leak today or tomorrow I don't see anything happening till 08.

Plus from everyone who has seen a unit it sound like its only in testing right now. Hardly seems like enough time for a full scale release. Also has it been listed with the FCC yet?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Not sure if I posted in this thread or not, but i have a small business account on VZ- nothing major just a handfull of lines so I get no inside info. BUT the important they mail me a magazine sort of thing each quarter trying to upsell me new plans, services, and phones. The Nov, dec, jan issue came and there's no 800w mentioned. It has the i760 that just came out plus the LG venus, LG voyager, and HTC XV6800 all shown but with "coming soon!". So they aren't shy about putting in phones that are planned to come out shortly. So seems that no new treo on verizon at least till next year.
    Palm can't deliver a phone on time to save their life. Don't hold your breath.

Jon Rubenstein - you need to kick some *** into gear over there !!!
    Palm needs Terry Tate - Office Linebacker to go work for them.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I still have the 650 and I almost bought the Sprint touch but since this device will remind me of the 650 body style and I have Andre The Giant fingers, I am excited to be in line for the 800. My contract is now up with Sprint so I can just hold on to my discount and use it to get this version of the latest and probably greatest from Palm. Nice work because they lost me with that little Centro. I was like goodbye Palm! This unit should kick some PDA **** when it finally comes out. O I also heard that it may be out in January. Has anyone else heard that same rumor? Doesn't matter because I will be in line for this one!
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast