Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 422
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    No wimax this year on any treo.
    The Treo 800w is coming out next year, probably beginning to about March or so (completely rumored, as I have no information on that). WiMax has been said to be launching all of next year, it isn't plausable to think it could be included?! Unless you have inside information, why do you say that? It's also been rumored (almost 3 or 4 months ago I believe) that the first WiMax enabled phone would be a SLIM Treo, now the SLIM part I don't believe... the WiMax part I do.

    EDIT: here is the link for the WiMax/Palm connection, and it was in FEB! http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/06/p...one-this-year/
  2. #142  
    Man I really want to go with a another Treo because of the form factor, but at the same time I want something new and different from my 700w. The 800w is perfect for my needs and the list Malatesta made makes me want to stay with Palm even longer. But these delays are killing me. Then again I would think I can get some of that in Malatesta list installed on another device(other than the threaded SMS that is).
  3. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #143  
    I do hope the treo would include wimax however Ed stated in one of the qtr conference calls that they are not a company to jump on tech ie wimax and yes future treo will include wifi.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    The Treo 800w is coming out next year, probably beginning to about March or so (completely rumored, as I have no information on that). WiMax has been said to be launching all of next year, it isn't plausable to think it could be included?! Unless you have inside information, why do you say that? It's also been rumored (almost 3 or 4 months ago I believe) that the first WiMax enabled phone would be a SLIM Treo, now the SLIM part I don't believe... the WiMax part I do.

    EDIT: here is the link for the WiMax/Palm connection, and it was in FEB! http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/06/p...one-this-year/
    1. I wouldn't rule out a Treo 800 coming out some time this year. I am not sure where you got the info that there wouldbe no 800 this year.
    2. From what I have heard from an engineer at palm, they are not going to do wimax for the 800. They had problems with their wifi team, they don't even a Wifi phone yet. Maybe like the Treo 900
  5. #145  
    I hate to pop your bubble, but there is NO Palm Treo device in the WiMAX pipeline.

    I've got a contact that's seen the device roadmap, and Palm is no where on it.

    Cheers,

    RocketDude
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDude View Post
    I hate to pop your bubble, but there is NO Palm Treo device in the WiMAX pipeline.

    I've got a contact that's seen the device roadmap, and Palm is no where on it.

    Cheers,

    RocketDude

    There is no Palm device but there is a Nokia device.....
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul


    Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Dont forget 320x320 screen. Thats the biggie for me. Of course its still vaporware at this point. If they dont hurry up with it, Im going with the Mogul
    i forgot about the larger screen. i hope the 320x 320 screen makes it to market. can wm6 support something like that?
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    If you've never tried a WM Treo, it's hard to explain.

    Word of advice: a good device is not all specs on a sheet, but also the interface and components

    Palm just doesn't slap WM on a device, like HTC used to (they've been doing more since the Touch rolled out, but nothing that effects the core of the OS).

    Here are some differences currently that a WM Treo does:

    - Ignore call with SMS
    - Search contacts from the today screen
    - Built in picture dial
    - Disable touch screen during call
    - Threaded SMS
    - OS is tweaked for speed e.g. a 312mhz Treo is "faster" than a 400mhz HTC
    - Memory is optimized (Treos have 40mb of free Ram, excluding the 700w)
    - Save unknown caller number to a) new contact b) existing contact
    - Ringers for Known, Unknown and Roaming callers
    - Simple Keyguard
    - Optimized for one-handed use

    There's more, but that's off the top of my head. Then there's just the hardware, which is just top-notch in quality--Palm's d-pad and keys are still the nicest out there, imo and the ergonomics of the device are always spot on.

    As for what is different with this device, we just don't know all the details, so why form a judgment on it? I suspect it'll have all the above and Palm will have done even more to the OS, but we have to wait till more information comes out.
    almost all of those features i already have on my 8525!?! the d pad i will give you, but isnt the 755 made by htc anyway which palm is not allowing htc to incorporate into their own devices.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    almost all of those features i already have on my 8525!?! the d pad i will give you, but isnt the 755 made by htc anyway which palm is not allowing htc to incorporate into their own devices.
    8525 is a beast and anything that you "already have" in the 8525 will have come from things MS has copied from Palm (like the today screen search in Wm6).

    If you are talking about 3rd party addons, I'm not sure that counts.

    I guess the real issue is this (again): we do not know what the 800w specs are so how the are you forming an opinion already?



    If you're not on Sprint, don't care about an 800w, like your current device, then who really cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    i forgot about the larger screen. i hope the 320x 320 screen makes it to market. can wm6 support something like that?
    Yes, it supports it. And that's not a "larger" screen but higher resolution.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    8525 is a beast and anything that you "already have" in the 8525 will have come from things MS has copied from Palm (like the today screen search in Wm6).

    If you are talking about 3rd party addons, I'm not sure that counts.

    I guess the real issue is this (again): we do not know what the 800w specs are so how the are you forming an opinion already?



    If you're not on Sprint, don't care about an 800w, like your current device, then who really cares?

    Yes, it supports it. And that's not a "larger" screen but higher resolution.
    i agree with you that the 8525 may be a 'beast' in size but remember the 8525 packs way more features than the 755, so that is where maybe the size comes in. also, i dont know where you came up up with the idea that ms copied something from ms. the last time i checked it was a ms os that the 755w was running, that is what the 'w' stands for, there is no 'p' anywhere in 755w. also, the third party apps, are cooked roms from xda.
    my opinion comes from palm's colored past of true innovation from the past two or three years. let me give them to you in detail:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    ohhh, they have had none. the 650p has been morphed into the 755w, that is where my opinion comes from-----
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  11. #151  
    Did I miss something? What is this 755w that you are talking about?

    Are you referring to the 750 for AT&T? The only 755 that I know of is the 755p and only on Sprint.

    I can say however that the specs for the 800 are nothing "revolutionary". Just not normal for a Treo.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul


    Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    Did I miss something? What is this 755w that you are talking about?

    Are you referring to the 750 for AT&T? The only 755 that I know of is the 755p and only on Sprint.

    I can say however that the specs for the 800 are nothing "revolutionary". Just not normal for a Treo.

    yes, my mistake! i was talking about the 750w.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  13. 1PTUser's Avatar
    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #153  
    Naveen, dude, you gotta at least seem like you know what you're talking about when being so bold.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    Naveen, dude, you gotta at least seem like you know what you're talking about when being so bold.

    i made a mistake on the model number. i did not make a mistake on the statement that palm is force feeding us two year old technolgy.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    i made a mistake on the model number. i did not make a mistake on the statement that palm is force feeding us two year old technolgy.
    Palm isn't really forcing you to buy anything.
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Palm isn't really forcing you to buy anything.

    true...but does that mean we should settle for less?
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    true...but does that mean we should settle for less?
    No that means that you buy a product that doesn't force you to settle. Or more likely, give up the things that you don't care much about.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    No that means that you buy a product that doesn't force you to settle. Or more likely, give up the things that you don't care much about.
    agreed...i just feel sad because i feel that i am a loyal palm customer that has been let down because palm feels they dont need to advance their product line or keep up with their rivals. i was very scared to purchase wm based phone, but after my 8125 and 8525 i can say that there are some things which may not be able to be done with one hand, but my word, the features on my current 8525 make the treo look like a basic toy. if we compare the tytn ii, what ever the specs may be on the 800w will not matter. just a thought from a sad palm customer.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    agreed...i just feel sad because i feel that i am a loyal palm customer that has been let down because palm feels they dont need to advance their product line or keep up with their rivals. i was very scared to purchase wm based phone, but after my 8125 and 8525 i can say that there are some things which may not be able to be done with one hand, but my word, the features on my current 8525 make the treo look like a basic toy. if we compare the tytn ii, what ever the specs may be on the 800w will not matter. just a thought from a sad palm customer.
    What features on your 8525 make the treo look like a toy? The camera I will give you If the specs are to be believed the screen on the 800w will have a higher resolution than your 8525, and if its one think that POS (755P etc) has is a beautiful screen.

    Having said that Palm has til 12/1 to announce something until they lose me to the touch or the mogul.
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    agreed...i just feel sad because i feel that i am a loyal palm customer that has been let down because palm feels they dont need to advance their product line or keep up with their rivals. i was very scared to purchase wm based phone, but after my 8125 and 8525 i can say that there are some things which may not be able to be done with one hand, but my word, the features on my current 8525 make the treo look like a basic toy. if we compare the tytn ii, what ever the specs may be on the 800w will not matter. just a thought from a sad palm customer.
    Oh I agree, although I don't really have feelings of loyalty toward Palm. From a user experience standpoint, nothing beats a WM6 Treo. It's just a great device. However, you're right - palm keeps throwing out products with yesterday's technology. BT 1.2 instead of BT 2.0, no GPS, horrid screen (washed out and poor colors on the 750), etc. However, the form factor is great, pretty good build quality, and Palm's enhancements really do make a great device. My Tilt blows away my treo by a wide margin because of the better screen, better features, and the latest tech. I haven't missed the Treo in the 2 weeks I've had the Tilt.
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions