Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Treo 800w revealed? found this on Engadget.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/24/p...800w-revealed/
    You know its sad when China won't even make a knock-off of your device.

It will be middle of 2008, and they will be releasing 2007 technology in a 2005 form factor. I would predict atleast 2 more models of the Iphone, 3 more Nokia's, and a G-phone.
    Thx
    GhengisEEK

I wanted to be somebody when I grew up, I should have been more specific."
    As for the specs, I think the best we have - http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...7/Treo800w.jpg

Posted originally by Malatesta.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelKernel View Post
    As for the specs, I think the best we have - http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...7/Treo800w.jpg

That seems to show a short device with a landscape screen, much like the original image that was recently posted.
    It also looks to be of blackberry thickness... which, I would be ok with. I would like to feel the device in my hands. Sometimes, the Q is too thin and I feel like my hands are doing extra work to stabilize it. Where as the 700wx (with extended battery) works for my needs physically.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelKernel View Post

so what is so different about this device from the current treo lineup??? wifi, wm 6, and a new case...
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    so what is so different about this device from the current treo lineup??? wifi, wm 6, and a new case...
    EVDO rev A I would have to say is the biggest one for me. EVDO is just too slow for the current treos right now.
    Dont forget 320x320 screen. Thats the biggie for me. Of course its still vaporware at this point. If they dont hurry up with it, Im going with the Mogul
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Dont forget 320x320 screen. Thats the biggie for me. Of course its still vaporware at this point. If they dont hurry up with it, Im going with the Mogul
    LOL the mogul made me cry and I almost throw it. I nearly crashed it 3 times in less then 10 min doing pretty much nothing.
    IMO the treo700wx is the best WM phone for CMDA hands down. Palm did something right. I haven't jumped ship yet from Palm OS the 755 is still my main device but I'm getting the 800w when released and I'll see if the Palm OSII bring me back.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    What do people here think about palmos vs the WinMo6?

Since the 755 doesnt have revA..im also thinking about jumping to a device with revA.
    If you've never tried a WM Treo, it's hard to explain.

Word of advice: a good device is not all specs on a sheet, but also the interface and components

Palm just doesn't slap WM on a device, like HTC used to (they've been doing more since the Touch rolled out, but nothing that effects the core of the OS).

Here are some differences currently that a WM Treo does:

- Ignore call with SMS
    - Search contacts from the today screen
    - Built in picture dial
    - Disable touch screen during call
    - Threaded SMS
    - OS is tweaked for speed e.g. a 312mhz Treo is "faster" than a 400mhz HTC
    - Memory is optimized (Treos have 40mb of free Ram, excluding the 700w)
    - Save unknown caller number to a) new contact b) existing contact
    - Ringers for Known, Unknown and Roaming callers
    - Simple Keyguard
    - Optimized for one-handed use

There's more, but that's off the top of my head. Then there's just the hardware, which is just top-notch in quality--Palm's d-pad and keys are still the nicest out there, imo and the ergonomics of the device are always spot on.

As for what is different with this device, we just don't know all the details, so why form a judgment on it? I suspect it'll have all the above and Palm will have done even more to the OS, but we have to wait till more information comes out.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Well stated as usual Malatesta. It's hard to imagine using WinMob with out that Palm special sauce. Just the thought of going back to a slider type device requiring two hands gives me the willies. I'm really eager to see what enhancements Palm may have made to WinMob 6.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I thought it was curious how closely the rumored 800w looked compared to the mockup that I had drawn up a long while ago.... 11/10/2005 to be exact. ( which is admittedly an amateur photoshop job at best ) They just didnt lengthen the screen as was drawn in my pic.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...0&d=1131602027
    Last edited by vw2002; 10/25/2007 at 02:44 PM.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I thought this would have been a nice layout too...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...2&d=1132209324
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I am hoping WiMax is the specs...
    Uh, you meant WiFi, right?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edmc View Post
    I would want wi max too....not wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by amakh007 View Post
    I would want wi max too....not wifi
    how's about both?

I need wifi so I can get onto my home network and snatch files from my computers.

also it seems in the last month all upper crust winmo phones get wifi, gps, 3mpx camera, etc. if the 800w leaves those 3 out... looks like htc, eten, or imate will have my business...
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Quote Originally Posted by edmc View Post
    No, I meant WiMax.

Research helps sometimes.
    No wimax this year on any treo.
    Hope they add a decent camera to it so I can finally use it when I need it. The camera on the 700wx is garbage, to be polite.

They should either add a decent one (similar to the iPhone's) or not add one at all if they are just going to cram a crappy one in there.
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast