Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Is it running smartphone edition or WM6 Pro. in that pic.?
    Pro.

Surur
    I like the mock-ups adjusted for stretching. Looks like Palm got with the times and shortened the Treo like we've been asking for since the 600. Let's hope they also slimmed it down to Q-eqsue widths, and then they really would have the perfect form factor.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Let's hope they also slimmed it down to Q-eqsue widths, and then they really would have the perfect form factor.
    I'll assume you meant "thickness" not "width"?? I think we would all be happy if it is around the thickness of the Touch..... That's what is important to me. I took the Mogul back because I just could not get used to the thickness vs. my Q with an extended battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    jrinehart: watch some of that info you're giving out, it's pretty trackable and could lead to someone getting a talking to...unless this is a "sanctioned leak", lol.
    I already have a spec sheet on the device which I was given some time back. I did find out more specifics this morning but I cannot say what those are but they are exciting I will just say that nobody will be dissapointed.

I was told today I was free to distribute the image and it was expected to be "leaked". Not sure what that means. Most likely some exterior designs will change up a tiny bit which is to be expected.

Not sure when I'll get more info but if I can share it I will!
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    I already have a spec sheet on the device which I was given some time back. I did find out more specifics this morning but I cannot say what those are but they are exciting I will just say that nobody will be dissapointed.

I was told today I was free to distribute the image and it was expected to be "leaked". Not sure what that means. Most likely some exterior designs will change up a tiny bit which is to be expected.

Then I might suggest you start another thread so this one does not get so darn long!
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelKernel View Post
    Now we need Howie to come back and confirm that this is reasonably close to the device he held.

I'm holding out for a Palm/Garnet OS version, 'though. I hope they work those WM "Soft Keys" into the Home and Menu keys.

This looks pretty close, after readjusting for the stretched photo.
    I wish I could remember if the keyboard was curved or straight like the new ones.

I am hoping WiMax is the specs we can hope for. That is a biggie for me. I wouldn't bother buying the device if it didn't have it. I am also hoping for a much quicker processor. Don't get me wrong, the 700wx is still a beast and almost a year later can out perform the 6800, I just want something that can handle future apps and tasks I throw at it (better Sprint TV buffering and multitasking).
    Quote Originally Posted by howiecam View Post
    This looks pretty close, after readjusting for the stretched photo.
    I wish I could remember if the keyboard was curved or straight like the new ones.
    - Can I ask you to ask your "software engineer for [a] pda software company" friend to find out about the keyboard? Or, link him to this thread so he can see/confirm for himself.

If he can't or asks you not to then that's cool. But the devil is always in the details, so I have to ask.
    Why put a hard PHONE button right next to the green button? Makes no sense to me.
    Attached is a pic of the 800w from my solutions engineer at Sprint. He is going to send me an actual picture of a real live device when he gets a chance. They have started the hardware beta of the device and I should get to see one next month during a Sprint meeting. It is also rumored to be at a Sprint solutions show on Oct. 25th here in my home town. If it is, I will be sure to get some photos of it there and post them soon as I can.
    it looks nice. what is the word or rumor on gsm version? gps? wifi? hsdpa?
    Last edited by Thunder God; 10/24/2007 at 02:16 PM. Reason: forgot one other point
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Why put a hard PHONE button right next to the green button? Makes no sense to me.
    Interesting question, but I can say the newer Palm OS devices are like that e.g. the Centro.

The Green button does nothing by default outside of send/dial. I've since mapped it to my Contacts, which works quite well--not sure why they just don't do that.

But, if they make it mappable--I like the idea, even though it's not intuitive.

I really hope the Buttons are the soft, rubbery ones of the Centro--much better than the plastic keys of current devices.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I am hoping WiMax is the specs we can hope for. That is a biggie for me. I wouldn't bother buying the device if it didn't have it. I am also hoping for a much quicker processor. Don't get me wrong, the 700wx is still a beast and almost a year later can out perform the 6800, I just want something that can handle future apps and tasks I throw at it (better Sprint TV buffering and multitasking).
    ooohhhhh....now wimax might make me stay and forget all about that iphone I've been dreaming about....
    What phone did Sprint use to demo WiMax in Chicago?
    I think it was some modified Motorola.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Sorry to be a downer, but where is the innovation in this? Palm should deliver a 480x480 screen and trump the competition, plus slim up the Treo some. New offerings from Samsung and HTC are dominating the market. I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse on this, but I still have high hopes Palm delivers something noteworthy in the next couple of years.

Will we be drooling on a 800wx that get released 9-12 months after the 800w? I sure hope not. I don't see any must have in the 800w. I hope a 900 is already in the works.
    Last edited by Tempest790; 10/24/2007 at 06:58 PM.
    well it sure would be nice if someone in the know would leak those 800w specs... then, depending what they are, people can really begin cheering/whining!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest790 View Post
    Sorry to be a downer, but where is the innovation in this? Palm should deliver a 480x480 screen and trump the competition, plus slim up the Treo some. New offerings from Samsung and HTC are dominating the market. I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse on this, but I still have high hopes Palm delivers something noteworthy in the next couple of years.

Will we be drooling on a 800wx that get released 9-12 months after the 800w? I sure hope not. I don't see any must have in the 800w. I hope a 900 is already in the works.
    Wow! You managed to be the first to dis the phone before the specs or official dimensions are released. Do you know something we don't? If so, please share...
    Yeah, after owning a 700w it's going to take a helluva device for Palm to get another red cent out of me, and this thing ain't lookin too good. We'll see how the reviews play out once VZW gets it in about a year. WHY IS SPRINT GETTING EVERY PALM EXCLUSIVE! DAMN YOU VZW!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)