Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    I'm still stunned Palm didn't bring out a CDMA 755w (WM6, 320x320, Rev.0) as a stopgap release between the 700wx and the 800w.
    Had Verizon or Sprint wanted one for their lineup, they surely would have ordered it from Palm. Palm won't just "bring out" a device unless one is ordered, especially on CDMA since they can't be unlocked.

WM devices have about an 18 month lifespan, putting the 700wx right at the mark on Sprint. Not everyone buys a $600 phone every 12 months.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I just talk to my Palm rep and his manager that was on a ride along(both carrying new red centros), and he pretty well supervises all the west coast and neither of them knew of the deivce. They aknowledged the sku exists but that neither had heard of any production or Beta testing, so I would assume the project is in Alpha and no leaks have occured as off yet. He comes to see me all the time and I asked him to keep his eyes open and snap a pic for me if he could when and if he ever sees it.

Muff
    Last edited by Muffnician; 10/19/2007 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post
    I just talk to my Palm rep and his manager that was on a ride along(both carrying new red centros), and he pretty well supervises all the west coast and neither of them knew of the deivce. They aknowledged the sku exists but that neither had heard of any production or Beta testing, so I would assume the project is in Alpha and no leaks have occured as off yet. He comes to see me all the time and I asked him to keep his eyes open and snap a pic for me if he could when and if he ever sees it.

Muff

Attached is a pic of the 800w from my solutions engineer at Sprint. He is going to send me an actual picture of a real live device when he gets a chance. They have started the hardware beta of the device and I should get to see one next month during a Sprint meeting. It is also rumored to be at a Sprint solutions show on Oct. 25th here in my home town. If it is, I will be sure to get some photos of it there and post them soon as I can.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Odd, it looks similar, but a lot larger than the Centro. That looks 755p/700wx sized. I guess it's probably better that way since WM6 is so power hungry with AS enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    Attached is a pic of the 800w from my solutions engineer at Sprint. He is going to send me an actual picture of a real live device when he gets a chance. They have started the hardware beta of the device and I should get to see one next month during a Sprint meeting. It is also rumored to be at a Sprint solutions show on Oct. 25th here in my home town. If it is, I will be sure to get some photos of it there and post them soon as I can.

I like that! Please give me that for GSM soon! Or if not, well, I may have to think about switching carriers. My AT&T nee Cingular 650 is getting a little long in the tooth. I'd like to stay GSM since I travel a lot, and since HSDPA is, in theory a lot faster than EVDO. But I can't wait forever.
    From the look of things, it appears that this formfactor is the new Palm standard, or close to it.

If ATT gets a new Treo I would imagine that it would look close to this so don't worry!

Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    Completely believeable... especially with the 2 pixel border around the screen. Hopefully just a mockup before it goes to production. They need to remove that. Its also showing WM5 I believe... still, its a mockup so I don't think it really matters. The extra mail button is very nice, wonder why there is a phone button and a SEND button. Hope it doesnt do the same thing ala 700p.
    Bit chubby-looking, isn't it....

Surur
    I like it. I don't yet own a Treo and have been waiting for Verizon to come out with something new. Would be nice if it were to come out before x-mas...
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Bit chubby-looking, isn't it....

Surur

Appears to be the same as the 750. I'd like to know depth.
    Some thoughts:

- Damn, they got rid of the Right Shift key, just like on the Centro

- The Main keys look like the Centro but the D-pad is slightly different

- I'm surprised they're sticking with what looks like the plastic keys. The Centro's rubber keypad is very good--a lot less soreness in the thumbs

- The soft-key placement is...interesting?

- It actually doesn't look much like the Centro design at all

- I bet they get rid of the "border" on the screen--I mean, they did on the Centro finally, so that's a good sign

It's about time we get some kind of a mockup of an 800w. Is it me or does it look wider than the 700wx? As long as it's thinner than my wx i'll be a happy camper. Thanks for the pic bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchablez View Post
    It's about time we get some kind of a mockup of an 800w. Is it me or does it look wider than the 700wx? As long as it's thinner than my wx i'll be a happy camper. Thanks for the pic bro.
    It looks wider, but it also looks like the picture is slightly stretched, so it's hard to say at this point.

Some live shots will really answer some questions...

Here is my best guess on the size. Could actually be a little wider though.

(my first attempt below may have been a little too optimistic)
    Last edited by marcus; 10/23/2007 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It looks wider, but it also looks like the picture is slightly stretched, so it's hard to say at this point.

Some live shots will really answer some questions...
    Yea definitely I can't wait for those live shots to surface but at this point I'm just excited to actually see something that resembles an 800w especially after all this speculation .
    So I asked my contacts at Sprint where this photo came from. It was from a ppt presentation on the device itself from a meeting this afternoon with Sprint and Palm. So the image could very well be stretched since I copied it from an email. That tells us that indeed it is a "mock up" of what the device could look like if it were released tomorrow. The release date is still next year I'm being told so at this moment I'm really not sure what to believe LOL.

All I know, there is a new high end Treo with a new design and WM6 headed for Sprint..... soon. That gives me great hope.

I'm trying to twist some arms and bribe some folks to get my hands on the specs from that ppt

Marcus, nice working of the image--that really gives a good perspective of the potential size and changes in design

jrinehart: watch some of that info you're giving out, it's pretty trackable and could lead to someone getting a talking to...unless this is a "sanctioned leak", lol.

Now we need Howie to come back and confirm that this is reasonably close to the device he held.

I'm holding out for a Palm/Garnet OS version, 'though. I hope they work those WM "Soft Keys" into the Home and Menu keys.
  19. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I like the way it looks. I'm sure Palm'll want to release a Palm version of it, but unfortunately since my existing Treo will probably do all the same things there won't be any compelling reason to upgrade.
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast