Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Howie - you have a pm from me.
    That may be the last we hear from howiecam...
  2. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo View Post
    Now that's funny...
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Yeah...poor guy hasn't posted since then.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Probably the best confirmation of his story possible. Do people with false product info get silenced?
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Probably the best confirmation of his story possible. Do people with false product info get silenced?

Can you respond to this question Septimus? Thank you!
    He got sequestered.
    Do people with false product info get silenced?
    Remember slinky?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo View Post
    Somehow, sending a PM asking for more information doesn't seem very gestapo-like. Am I really that intimidating?
    Not by me. Once the product info is shown to be false, i think we all manage to do a pretty good job identifying it as such.

But the 800w... I mean... It HAS to be coming.. right?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howiecam View Post
    Everyone will probably say I am making this up.. I don't have many posts, etc.

My friend is software engineer for pda software company. Tonight he showed me the treo 800w that will be released on Verizon b4 christmas... if it is not delayed as many verizon releases lately..........
    (
    This is really good to know...but hmmmm it would have been true joy if it was an 800p rather than an 800w..!! If Sprint's 800W is delayed to Feb 08 as someone said, maybe Verizon's might be delayed also.

Anyhow, as regards GPS, it is my understanding that Verizon is working hard to get its VZ Nav to work on all these smartphones. Likely they all have GPS chips/receivers in them that are intentionally disabled from being accessed by any software. Its kind of like the dog that won't eat its food and won't let anyone else touch it either! Users could simply just go with Telenav for a year (need the small external pocketable antenna-receiver), and then start using VZNav when it comes available.

Roger
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I pressed my Verizon rep for a tighter release date and she said that they don't have "exact" dates but they're all expecting this unit b4 turkey day...
    Palm is apparently stuck at Palm OS 5.4.9, so I would not expect much inno from that dept until (if/when/ever) Palm over Linux manifests in all it's rock solid glory.

Palm can't do much more with it from a hardware perspective anyhoo. I mean, are they really gonna sink a lot of dev into GPS? No. How about UMTS / HSPDA? Fajjittaboutit. WiFi? Already been done, but I would say that horse has been beaten so many times that we can just quit now. How about a 3mpx cam with flash? Possible. An onboard 128mb user RAM and tons of flash? I guess, but woohoo. HVGA? I give up begging for that and have no faith anymore. Moving the app buttons to different locations? Possible, and actually probable.

All hopes for the platform seem to rest on Palm Inc Plinux actually being produced on a physical device available for retail sale. 2009 at the earliest according to the promises of Palm spokespeople ... and folks that aint' a comforting source.

Palm. Please prove me a fool here.
    Patrick Horne
    Somehow, sending a PM asking for more information doesn't seem very gestapo-like. Am I really that intimidating?
    Maybe, to avoid the paranoia, you should have requested the information in the open forum Isn't that the preferred option anyway.
    Last edited by johncc; 10/13/2007 at 12:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    I pressed my Verizon rep for a tighter release date and she said that they don't have "exact" dates but they're all expecting this unit b4 turkey day...
    Wouldn't that be the 5hits! I just received a 700wx to replace a failing 700w and turkey day is more than the 30 day grace period away.
    I can't speak for Verizon but as far as Sprint goes my gut tells me that the 800 was pushed back to Q1 '08 due to the deployment of WiMax. So, the HTC Touch has taken the 800's place for the Nov 23rd deployment as well as the Q9 being deployed on the same day.

But I guess we wont really know until November.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    I was really just joking. But now that he's disappeared...
    I highly doubt there's going to be a new phone from Palm before Q2 08. Otherwise I think we would know more by now.
  18.    #78  
    wow..
    Just because I was swamped working long weeks the past few weeks you guys think I was squelched.

You guys just love rumors, don't you?

I only cruise this site via my Treo 680, and I haven't had much chance to keep up with this thread as it doesn't matter much to me as a GSM user and I have no additional info.

If a photo appears I could verify it's authenticity in so far as the model I held, but that's about it.

So I am still here, just silent because I am not one to indulge in all the conjecture. If I get anymore info I will share of course.

Side note: Is there anyway to check PMs from the treo optimized forum pages?
    No but you can use the regular forum from the Treo. Just delete the text string "treo" on your mobile url.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Palm has the upcoming 680 (PTT) & 750 (WM6) upgrades to keep the Treo faithful busy for the remainder of this fall. Then Jan will see the Centro on other carriers (Telus, Alltel, Verizon?) as well as a GSM version (I predict this will be a pretty hot item, actuallY).

I doubt we'll see any new products from Palm until the 800w in Feb or March. I'm still stunned Palm didn't bring out a CDMA 755w (WM6, 320x320, Rev.0) as a stopgap release between the 700wx and the 800w.
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast