Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    It's a "w" we are talking about so I think it's the 320 width that he's hoping for.
  2. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howiecam View Post
    Q,
    I know my friend referred to it as the 800, and I think I remembered seeing the Treo name on it.
    Well, if you recall, early pictures of the Centro had Treo on it as well. In fact, I think Surur made a comment that he thought someone airbrushed the word "TREO" from the picture on the Palm site. This was right before it was announced.

It's hard to say what is going to be released in the final version. Perhaps you viewed "A" prototype, one of the options.

When we get close to a release date, we'll start seeing leaked photos. Always happens.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Interesting post, but then again, considering the time of year, its about time for such sights to be happening. Thanks Howie for the info and confirmation on things.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    when will it be released? i need a new phone. my 700w is barely holding on. i reset daily. its not the phones fault; i threw it.
    "when will it be released?"

Nobody knows an exact date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    "when will it be released?"

Nobody knows an exact date.
    I was thinking more like "will it be released?"
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi View Post
    I was thinking more like "will it be released?"
    Why is that? The only dates I ever heard for 800w was Q4 2007/Q1 2008, which seems to be on target.

A better question would be for Verizon/HTC: 6800? 5800? It's like they fell off the planet.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Speaking of Verizon, I sure hope they don't end up with an exclusive on the 800w like they did with the 700w. That would be such a bummer for us Sprint folk.
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchablez View Post
    Speaking of Verizon, I sure hope they don't end up with an exclusive on the 800w like they did with the 700w. That would be such a bummer for us Sprint folk.
    bummer for Spring folk? lol You guys got the 755p which verizon doesn't have. I've been waiting for that one to show up at verizon. I will say this though. If the 800 has wifi I'll probably be switching to the w side.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Also, that excited quote about watching 240x320 videos in full screen (smaller too?) instead of with empty areas on a 320x320 cracks me up. Uhhh, yes Palm, please take away some of my screen real estate, so that all apps get crammed even tighter than we're already dealing with ... that way at least it's "full screen" video. Wooohoo.
    Actually, because the DPI is increased in WM6 320x320, a 320x240 screen at 96dpi actually will have more screen real estate than 320x320 in many apps.

Pictures plz:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138307

The 320x320 screen will look a lot nicer tho. I'd happily take that over my current 240x240.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    bummer for Spring folk? lol You guys got the 755p which verizon doesn't have. I've been waiting for that one to show up at verizon. I will say this though. If the 800 has wifi I'll probably be switching to the w side.

ET
    Well yea you do have a point there but it's just been the norm for a while now that Verizon usually gets all the good phones before Sprint. It's only lately that Sprint has released phones before Verizon (mainly the 6800 & Razr2).

With the 90 day exclusive that Sprint has on the Centro it's possible Verizon might get an exclusive on the 800w.
    um, sprint had the 6700 before verizon..
    all I know is Sprint is scheduled to get the 800w in Q1. That's from the Sprint spec sheet that I posted and from other sprint internal projection plans.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    all I know is Sprint is scheduled to get the 800w in Q1. That's from the Sprint spec sheet that I posted and from other sprint internal projection plans.

Mal:

Do you have any updated info on this? It seems that lately I've been hearing more about VZW releasing this phone before the end of this year (yeah right!) than I have about Sprint releasing it Q1 2008 (especially with the pending release of the Centro on Sprint).
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Mal:

Do you have any updated info on this? It seems that lately I've been hearing more about VZW releasing this phone before the end of this year (yeah right!) than I have about Sprint releasing it Q1 2008 (especially with the pending release of the Centro on Sprint).
    I was in a verizon story yesterday looking to upgrade from my 700W to the WX because I'm having to reset my phone 6 to 8 times a day just to keep it running and the salesperson advised me not to as the palm rep was in the store last week showing off the 800W and said that its release is "imminent" The sales staff took that to mean sometime in the next two weeks...

Take it for what you will, but that sales clerk could have sold me a wx on the spot yesterday but pushed her sale off for a short while...
    Are you sure she's not refering to the 755p ?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    If the 800w's release was that imminent then I would expect the usual flurry of leaks around the internet
    Usually a blurry picture will come out 3-4 months before the release date, and the official announcement about one month prior. The only exception is the 500/500v, Palm did a good job hiding it.

And the Sprint/Verizon exclusive window is another three months.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Usually a blurry picture will come out 3-4 months before the release date, and the official announcement about one month prior. The only exception is the 500/500v, Palm did a good job hiding it.

And the Sprint/Verizon exclusive window is another three months.
    Blurry pics don't usually hit TC till near the weekend. Seriously, it happens all the time like this.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    If you go back to June there was a projected launch date on Verizon of 9-13-07 for the 800W & the 755P.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=800w

I know this date has come and gone but maybe we are close. True the 755P was not released either but I am willing to bet Verizon scrapped the 755P. Why release an "Old" unit and form at $300.00++ when they can wait 90 days and release the "new" Centro for $99.00. By then Sprint should have found most of the bugs.

As far as the picture goes who knows we may have already seen a picture of the 800. No one could tell the difference between the Centro and the 500. With the new form factor we may have thought that a picture was of a Centro or 500 when it may actually have been the 800W we were looking at.

One can only hope that the 800W is close. No complaints about my 700WX as it has been rock solid (now that I said that it will brick in the next few days), but I have the itch for something new to play with.
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast