Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    hopefully sprint is still around when the 800 premiers.
    Sprint will be around...they still have over 50 million customers. Its a matter of who will aquire them or not to save them from Nextel being a complete dead weight tied around the ankles at the bottom of the pool drowning Sprint.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Is the mole or die ready? Is it going to be made in Taiwan or China?
    i think htc will make this handset in china
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I talked to someone who talked to salespeople from Palm today and I think I can answer some questions I saw when I was skimming through this thread:

Yes, it does have threaded SMS.

Yes, it does have WiFi.

Yes, it does have EVDO Rev A.

Today screen seems little improved, if any.

Additional feature added to messaging (email) app: Ability to filter out all emails that do not match a typed string. Much like your contacts screen, how when you type something like "mi" all contacts disappear except ones matching "mi". Very cool feature for email!

(Note: I won't be responding to msgs or questions... just wanted to add some stuff to the rumor mill... take it how you will!)

I was offered to test the new Verizon 755 for a month (yes, apparently Verizon is going to offer the 755) but declined because frankly I'm done with PalmOS. The 700p left a scar that will probably never heal...
    Last edited by Treofficial; 03/16/2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treofficial View Post
    Yes, it does have threaded SMS.
    The Palm threaded SMS or the WM 6.1 SMS? If the later, we will know it ships with WM6.1, not 6.0.

WM6.1

Palm

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 03/14/2008 at 07:14 PM.
    Treofficial,

Did your rep give any indication on the release date for Verizon?
    My Treo 700w (yep, not even wx) is getting very old...
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    It's good to hear that people are actually starting to see the 800W. I am very happy to hear that it was a Verizon 800W. I love my WX but I can't take the BT. I have resorted to "trying" the 6800 for 30 days just to buy some time till the 800 is released.

We should start seeing picture in the wild shortly.

Treooffical Keep us posted!!! Time frame time frame!!!
    VERIZON 800w .

wooooo hooooooooooooo.

Thanks for the update Treofficial. And yes, please give us a timeline.

and did it have GPS?

I had given up hope that this was probably going to Sprint and us Verizon guys would be without 800w love until 2009.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    If this thing is coming out in June any chance it will be announced at CTIA in Las Vegas at the beginning of April?
    Well, file this under "speculation" or course but we thinks the info is quite accurate although admittedly not earth shattering.

Treofficial in our forums informs us he had a meeting with some Palm sales people recently where he was able to actually handle the Verizon Treo 800w (see our past coverage). So far, he can confirm that it does indeed have

- Wifi
    - EvDO Rev. A
    - Threaded SMS (w00t!)

In addition we learn that the Today Screen is pretty much unchanged (bad Palm) but they have added a new "search email" function which mirrors the search contact feature on the today screen e.g. you type a few letters and that filters through your presumably long collection of email messages, narrowing down the one you are trying to find.

That last part sound very cool (take that RIM!).

Of course, we are still not sure if the threaded SMS is the Palm version or the side effect of just having WM 6.1, which is an OS that would not be unexpected on this device.

Hopefully Treofficial will pop back in and continue to answer some questions so follow along in our thread!

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ru...htingthis.html
    I am new to all of this... but wasn't the Verizon 800w first rumored to have been released back in August '07, and then delayed supposedly until September '07? And now until Q1 or Q2, 2008? What holds things up like this?
    the "search email" function is just the built-in function of WinMo 6 -- that is, unless they've added it to the Today screen as well.
    Can you confirm that the form factor is the same as the one that's been "leaked" in all the photos? And any information on the release date?
    Subscribed
    RMD
  14. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Any word on the Sprint version of the 800w?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I had a meeting with two salespeople from Palm today and got to play with a VERIZON 800w myself, so I can answer some questions I saw when I was skimming through this thread: Yes, it does have threaded SMS. Yes, it does have WiFi. Yes, it does have EVDO Rev A.
    Sounds to me like a June release along with the Verizon Touch. Battery ought to be larger than on the Touch, I imagine 1500 mah. GPS? GPS? GPS? Don't keep us hanging on that one!!!
    Roger
    p.s. Came as a flash of insight, but $100 more than the Verizon Touch, is what my mind-flash told me.....!!!! ($399 with 2 year contract to be exact...hope I'm wrong and it'll be less)
    Anyone else notice that Treofficial changed his post to remove the notation that the 800W he handled was a Verizon handset? He also changed the post from he handled it to he "talked to someone who talked to salespeople from Palm..."

I'm not doubting his info, just curious that it changed.
    Yeah.I see it now.....What's up TreoOfficial? How come you changed your post?????
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    Anyone else notice that Treofficial changed his post to remove the notation that the 800W he handled was a Verizon handset? He also changed the post from he handled it to he "talked to someone who talked to salespeople from Palm..."

I'm not doubting his info, just curious that it changed.
    Sounds like the typical "Hmmm, maybe I said too much...I need to do some damage control" tactic. Too bad that only works if people are idiots...or at best if no one already quoted your post.

But that's just speculation on my part.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Sounds like the typical "Hmmm, maybe I said too much...I need to do some damage control" tactic. Too bad that only works if people are idiots...or at best if no one already quoted your post.

But that's just speculation on my part.
    Let's all just ignore the change, ok?

Here's speculation: the man answered our plea for more information, and then got a call from his boss saying that he said too much and someone from Company X is on the phone. So he changes it hoping the few users who read the original email wouldn't notice the change and he can be spared some of his boss' wrath. Then he tells his boss that the slip up is gone and emails him a link. By the time his boss follows the link, there's another post referring to his error. Now THAT's speculation.

Let him off the hook and maybe he'll come back with more info.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    So who is in the PPR this time?