Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 422
  1. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    Just the Tip:
    I also have been a huge Treo fan for years.. I, like you, also prefer the WM for my corporate email.. So when the Samsung i760 came out, i bought it. It is a nice device - and perhaps even better for a non-treo user..
    However, it just doesnt satisfy the desire i have for a new treo-like device.. I'm tempted to go right back to the 700w..
    I left my WX for an i760. I do not regret my decision. I keep checking back to see if when/if any new WM Treo will be availble on VZW however.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  2. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #262  
    I gave up waiting for the 800w (or whatever it ends up being called) and got myself a Touch. I'm one of those people who swore up and down that I could never use a phone without a QWERTY but I'm amazed with how quickly I got used to not having one. The form factor of the Touch is incredible and I honestly don't think I would be able to go back to the Treo unless they made it the same size as the Touch. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't miss the QWERTY at all because I do; however, it's no longer a dealbreaker for me and I'm almost as proficient using an onscreen kb as I was with the QWERTY. I've only had this thing for a week too so I'm only going to get better at it. Palm really needs to step things up if they want to keep their customers.
  3. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I gave up waiting for the 800w (or whatever it ends up being called) and got myself a Touch. I'm one of those people who swore up and down that I could never use a phone without a QWERTY but I'm amazed with how quickly I got used to not having one. The form factor of the Touch is incredible and I honestly don't think I would be able to go back to the Treo unless they made it the same size as the Touch. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't miss the QWERTY at all because I do; however, it's no longer a dealbreaker for me and I'm almost as proficient using an onscreen kb as I was with the QWERTY. I've only had this thing for a week too so I'm only going to get better at it. Palm really needs to step things up if they want to keep their customers.
    I have to agree with you on this. I moved to the touch also and love it However I will consider the 800w regardless. When Palm actually does do something right its usually worth it. And I will also give the new OS a try if it sees the light of day. I guess I'm still a Palm fanboy!
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  4. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    I have to agree with you on this. I moved to the touch also and love it However I will consider the 800w regardless. When Palm actually does do something right its usually worth it. And I will also give the new OS a try if it sees the light of day. I guess I'm still a Palm fanboy!
    I will also consider the 800w but only under the following conditions:

    1. Screen size at least as big as the Touch.
    2. Screen resolution at least as good as the Touch (preferably better).
    3. Same size and weight as the Touch or just ever so slightly bigger and/or heavier (and I do mean slight).
    4. Rev. A enabled out of the box
    5. Integrated GPS.
    6. Wifi
    7. At least 128MB RAM.

    If they can't include these items (I may even be missing a few), I can't see myself giving up my Touch. I don't know if they could include a QWERTY on a device the same size and weight as the Touch but if they could, that would be amazing (even the Centro keyboard would be ok I guess). I have to admit, HTC has really upped the bar here and Palm has some serious catching up to do. The Touch is an amazing device.
  5. #265  
    I love the Touch. I HATE input on the Touch. If what I am being told is true about the 800w it will surpass the Touch in just the text input alone.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul


    Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
  6. #266  
    We're getting close to Q1 2008. Lets see if Palm makes any announcements in regards to the 800w soon.
  7. #267  
    I can't wait until those spy shots start leaking lol.. I wonder if Palm is going to use the soft touch paint like they did on the 750.
  8. DrRoger's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    I love the Touch. I HATE input on the Touch. If what I am being told is true about the 800w it will surpass the Touch in just the text input alone.
    Apparently, Touchpal from www.cootek.com is supposed to be really good for these WM phones...!
  9. DrRoger's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    We're getting close to Q1 2008. Lets see if Palm makes any announcements in regards to the 800w soon.
    I would not hold my breath. Even the Treo 755p has not been announced..might be any day though. I'm looking for March-April for the 800w. In any case its very likely Sprint will have it first, and VZW 3 months later.
    Roger
  10. DrRoger's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I gave up waiting for the 800w (or whatever it ends up being called) and got myself a Touch. I'm one of those people who swore up and down that I could never use a phone without a QWERTY but I'm amazed with how quickly I got used to not having one.....
    Try this free download: www.cootek.com
    Roger
  11. DrRoger's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    I just saw that review of the LG voyager...I think that phone may be the one for me. I just need to get it to Sprint. Huge screen, GPS, HTML browser. keyboard.
    And as expensive as a Windows Mobile phone.....!!!
    Roger
  12. #272  
    I am from Singapore...half way round the globe..but am too...waiting for a wifi treo for almost a year since i used Treo 650. A good phone i must say, but nevertheless, it can get even better with 800w, if it delivers what is being speculated. I am posting this in the hope of channeling it to the intended audience, who I hope to be the Palm developers...

    To you guys, I still support palm very much as I have had many experiences with many PPCs and smartphones...alll with WM. From O2 minis to HP rws..I finally settled on a treo 650 which I have been using for a full year now. Previous phones were with me of a span of only 2months.

    Thought this might help to accelerate the beta testing and bring it to consumer status soon...and eventually reaching the shores of the far east.
  13. #273  
    Are all the rumors about the Treo 800 pretty much CDMA (Sprint in this case) only? Any rumors on when a GSM one could come available? I'm due for an upgrade and wondering if I should hold out or just go with the 750.
  14. airibis's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #274  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Are all the rumors about the Treo 800 pretty much CDMA (Sprint in this case) only? Any rumors on when a GSM one could come available? I'm due for an upgrade and wondering if I should hold out or just go with the 750.
    You guys got the 750, hush! our turn for an update! j/k (well as far as WM goes)



    I actually started to loose interest in palm, but recently it all came back.

    I was getting fed up with the lack of software and support for square screen devices; and how everything seemed to be made for 240x320 phones.


    It was until i played around with a few other devices till i learned how great the treo really is.


    I thought i would be able to deal with the Touch's virtual keyboard.... i wasn't; drove me nuts in the matter of hours....

    and as far as the Mogul goes.... O.o it has 17mb free memory after a hardreset??? doesnt seem right to me......


    ^^;; plus the mogul seemed like a "plastic toy" compared to the Treo which feels more bulky and heavy duty





    so I find myself back to square 1, waiting for the 800w hmmmm
  15. #275  
    same heree
  16. jas o's Avatar
    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    #276  
    Same here. 800W where are you?

    I tried the BB8830 few several reasons including world travel and blue tooth roulett. I could have adjusted but ring volume is just terrible today screen is not as versitile as WM.

    After using the BB8830 for a week you remember just how good the Palm design is.

    The new form factor, some more memory, WM6, better camera and most important BT 2.0 that doesn't drop out!!!! Better battery life. Thinner.

    The 700WX would still be tough to beat even if is all they did was update to current levels of technology.
  17. #277  
    for those of you that are having issues with the Touch virtual keyboard, try the Tengo Thumb. It makes text entry MUCH easier.
  18. airibis's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    for those of you that are having issues with the Touch virtual keyboard, try the Tengo Thumb. It makes text entry MUCH easier.
    ^^;; i tried it all, nothing seems to match up to the accessibility of a tangible keyboard.

    I would love to see a full screen phone with a vertical sliding keyboard....


    ^^;; if it comes to it, I will look into modding and creating my own new device once sprint accepts unlocked phones from other networks.
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I gave up waiting for the 800w (or whatever it ends up being called) and got myself a Touch. I'm one of those people who swore up and down that I could never use a phone without a QWERTY but I'm amazed with how quickly I got used to not having one. The form factor of the Touch is incredible and I honestly don't think I would be able to go back to the Treo unless they made it the same size as the Touch.
    I've also gotten tired of waiting for the 800w. I've been a long time Treo user - and have just got the XV6800 to replace my Treo 700w. I was very excited about the 700w - because even in Jan 06 the Palm OS just was not cutting it for me. I quickly got used to the memory errors and the soft resets on the 700w - even the quarterly hard resets that were needed. I didn't move to the 700wx because more memory alone was not enough to justify the cost. I thought very hard about moving from Verizon - but I went from Sprint to Verizon because Sprint was at best marginal at my house. The Touch had me consider returning......really consider. The only other device that interested me was the Tilt. But with a number of family members on the Verizon network, the 'in' calling was too great an option to move from at this point..

    I plan to try out the XV6800 for a couple of weeks. It has most of what I want - including WiFi which I have been waiting for since the Treo 600. If it doesn't cut it - then I will have to re-examine the Touch or Tilt. The other advantage for the XV6800, my net cost will be $149 net a $50 MIR before sales tax. Not bad from the $$ standpoint - and if I can get at least $149 selling my 700w and accessories on eBay.......

    I think Palm just cannot move fast enough or efficiently enough to compete with HTC and others with the PDA style devices. Nothing fundamentally wrong with the Palm OS for very basic use - I still have my original Palm Pilot and a Palm V that work - but that is like deciding OS/2 is the better OS to run my PC on. For certain apps / uses, it's fine....but it is not today. I think as an organization, Palm has to make a real impression in a short time frame (1Q08) otherwise it will be toast. I'm very pessimistic that they can turn things around.
  20. #280  
    Obviously a physical keyboard is preferred, but if you have to go the virtual route, then Tengo is pretty good.

    To me, the form factor of the Touch makes the Treo feel like a chunky monkey.

    There are always trade offs....it just depends what you place more importance on.

Posting Permissions