Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    if this phone is out before March that would be pushing it. If VZW gets it before end of Q3 2008 I would be very surprised.
    Well about a month ago I heard from an Engineer at Palm December was the target.

I've seen posts here saying it was delayed until q1 because of wi-max which he confirmed was pretty much untrue. If it's taking a long time it's because of feature sets or feature set changes. In my opinion at least.
    Palm headquarters isn't too far from where i work. Maybe i should walk in there and ask somebody. lol
    Verizon 700W(it sucks)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    Well about a month ago I heard from an Engineer at Palm December was the target.

I've seen posts here saying it was delayed until q1 because of wi-max which he confirmed was pretty much untrue. If it's taking a long time it's because of feature sets or feature set changes. In my opinion at least.
    Yeah, it's always something. These things are NEVER released in even a somewhat timely fashion, and when they are, there are still a ton of bugs. That has always been my mantra...Release the Damn phone! There will always be bugs and having the carriers test the freakin' things for 6 more months only makes the tech more obsolete. It's not like it's a seatbelt that's not working here, folks! RDP! Release the Damn Phone!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by brainzblown View Post
    Palm headquarters isn't too far from where i work. Maybe i should walk in there and ask somebody. lol
    Do you have time to do some picketing?
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    I assume the 800w will have ev-do rev A. Is that right? If so, how much faster will the data connection be compared with that of the centro or 755p?

I'm pretty sure this will be the device I'm upgrading to. My 650 is showing signs of labored breathing here.
    I would not assume it will have evdo rev A. Sprint has released several phones that could have been rev A, but have not. I guess they are waiting to get
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    I assume the 800w will have ev-do rev A. Is that right? If so, how much faster will the data connection be compared with that of the centro or 755p?

I'm pretty sure this will be the device I'm upgrading to. My 650 is showing signs of labored breathing here.
    Download speeds won't increase by a lot: maybe 100-200 kbps, which is still nice.

The big deal with Rev A though is two other things: upload speeds and latency.

Upload speeds will increase from around 100kbps now to 400-600kbps. Network latency will also decrease, which will give you faster "reactions" from the network.

I'm not sure what the hold up with the HTC devices are in regards to RevA if it's on Sprint's end or HTC's. The spec sheet from a couple months ago on the 800w from Sprint listed it as RevA, which implied "out of the box" since it mentioned nothing of Rev0 and upgradable.

http://igoto.co.uk/nhd

Seeing as the Mogul and Touch are supposed to get upgrades in Q1 2008 for RevA (and reportedly aGPS), it would not surprise me that the 800w coming out at the same time would have it at launch.

Is RevA worth it? Hard to say and it depends also on much you stream and upload I suppose. Emailing and uploading photos will be a lot better though.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, it'll be for Sprint and Verizon (since both have the 700wx).
    Who will get it first? Tough call...........
    Considering that the Palm 755p is not out on VZW yet, and its anyone's guess whether it'll be out around T'Giving, seems to me that March-April 08 would be what I'd project for the 800W from Verizon. Can't be earlier, to give the 755p a headstart..it'll be dead in the water if the 800w comes out soon after! Could be Sprint will have it 3 months earlier; 3 months headstart seems like a fair handicap for Sprint! I'll wait; I'm not giving up the great low cost navigation (VZNav) available on my trusty LG8300 for a smartphone that does not have Navigation. I've heard from pretty much every VZW store staff member that VZW is hellbent on making VZNav available. Brenda Raney, who writes news releases on VZW's website, wrote me that until now Smartphone owners were not demanding Navigation. Which does not seem likely...seems to me that they've had the inability to have software to run VZNav (Get It Now) on their WM phones. Mabe Microsoft wanted a piece of the Navigation pie...!
    Roger
    Are there rumors/speculation/bs about this phone on GSM (ATT)?? All I really want is a 750 with a 320x320 screen and WiFi. Not too much to ask, is it?
    It used to be that Sprint would get the Treo's first...it's a bit unclear however. Lots is going on at sprint these days.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I keep waiting for an upgrade path from the 700w. I suppose the 700wx is an upgarde, but the 240 x 240 screen is a drawback. I would also like a faster processor. The samsung i760 runs very quickly, but the side button placement and color of the buttons (I can hardly see them) is a drawback. It is also a two handed device and the soft plastic screen gives me pause.

I wouldn't mind the same form factor as the 700w and just upgrades to the items I just mentioned. I have considerd the BB8830 but somehow can't make the jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc01108 View Post
    I keep waiting for an upgrade path from the 700w. I suppose the 700wx is an upgarde, but the 240 x 240 screen is a drawback. I would also like a faster processor. The samsung i760 runs very quickly, but the side button placement and color of the buttons (I can hardly see them) is a drawback. It is also a two handed device and the soft plastic screen gives me pause.

I wouldn't mind the same form factor as the 700w and just upgrades to the items I just mentioned. I have considerd the BB8830 but somehow can't make the jump.
    BB wouldn't be a bad alternative but the web browser was a bit of a challenge. I used bberys in 2000-2003 roughly but I'm not sure its the right choice now. I find gmail and google maps with GPS is about all i need. So I really just need a device with a very good browser/keyboard and speed and GPS. Blackberry is not for everybody.
    Ahhhhh I Wanna Seee!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jc01108 View Post

I agree, I keep searching the web for new on an upgrade. I have had Palms since the days of the Palm V. I bought my 700w the week it came out, switched to VZW from sprint because of it, only to get hosed with the release of the 700wx a few months later. I need to stay with WM due to corporate email. I fear that my patience will not last much longer and I'll be forced to move to another phone. Samsung I760 is looking better & better, I can't give up the touchscreen so that kills the Qs and BB. Any other suggestions?
    I just saw that review of the LG voyager...I think that phone may be the one for me. I just need to get it to Sprint. Huge screen, GPS, HTML browser. keyboard.
    Last edited by gadgetfreaky; 11/19/2007 at 11:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just the Tip View Post
    I agree, I keep searching the web for new on an upgrade. I have had Palms since the days of the Palm V. I bought my 700w the week it came out, switched to VZW from sprint because of it, only to get hosed with the release of the 700wx a few months later. I need to stay with WM due to corporate email. I fear that my patience will not last much longer and I'll be forced to move to another phone. Samsung I760 is looking better & better, I can't give up the touchscreen so that kills the Qs and BB. Any other suggestions?
    Just the Tip:
    I also have been a huge Treo fan for years.. I, like you, also prefer the WM for my corporate email.. So when the Samsung i760 came out, i bought it. It is a nice device - and perhaps even better for a non-treo user..
    However, it just doesnt satisfy the desire i have for a new treo-like device.. I'm tempted to go right back to the 700w..
    I also tried the i760 in the store and it just didn't cut it for me. I hate my 700w b/c of lack of power but I do love the ease of use. The i760 is just too much of a 2-handed device for me.
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I picked up the sch i760 on Friday. I'm still getting used to it. It's far from perfect, but so far it seems pretty good. Completely stable, and with the dial-pad on the front, i can call up contacts 1 handed no problem. The biggest issue I'm having so far is waking the thing up. The only way I've figured out is the tiny button on top. I'll play with it for a week or so and decide what to do, but I don't think I can go back to my 700w.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just the Tip View Post
    Any other suggestions?
    Sure...sell your w on ebay and get a wx.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Sure...sell your w on ebay and get a wx.
    Don't think I haven't contemplated that. I hate to spend the money when Palm is just about to release the next gen.

I went to the Verizon Wireless store today and did not have a good experience with the smasung I760. It seemed clunky and misses those little "palm tweaks" I also felt it hard to type with one hand, something I do quite often.