1.    #1  
    So, after some extensive research I recently bought the 750, however, it seems like all the features I liked don't actually exist. Now, I know that ATT has disabled some stuff so can anyone help me figure out to get my treo to work the way I want or should I just give up and return it?

1. ATT advertises as being able to use Live/Yahoo/AOL messenger as part of your text messaging package, however, I can't figure out how to do this without also using EDGE/GPRS.

EDIT- So I finally downloaded Windows Live since ATT disabled it, which has gotten me about 1/2 way there. I saw in a thread here that was about sending text messages to other carriers and someone there had mentioned the IM as text message feature.

2. Is it possible to sync calendar/contacts with anything besides Outlook? I have Vista, but not Outlook, and just want to sync with the built in calendar/contacts, but I can't figure out how to do it.

3. My computer and phone have been paired via Bluetooth, however in order to get them to connect I have to re-pair them every time.

4. How on earth to you get the SIM card out? My Treo has annoyed me enough right now that I really want to just put my sim in my old phone until I get the Treo figured out, however, the only way I can figure out is to slide it from under the little holder, but that seems to scratch it.

Thanks for all the help, I need to figure out what I'm going to do here. I know there are other things I have been trying to do, but I can't remember what they are now.
    Last edited by Aiden; 03/15/2008 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    1. ATT advertises as being able to use Live/Yahoo/AOL messenger as part of your text messaging package, however, I can't figure out how to do this without also using EDGE/GPRS.

2. Is it possible to sync calendar/contacts with anything besides Outlook? I have Vista, but not Outlook, and just want to sync with the built in calendar/contacts, but I can't figure out how to do it.

3. My computer and phone have been paired via Bluetooth, however in order to get them to connect I have to re-pair them every time.

4. How on earth to you get the SIM card out? My Treo has annoyed me enough right now that I really want to just put my sim in my old phone until I get the Treo figured out, however, the only way I can figure out is to slide it from under the little holder, but that seems to scratch it.

Thanks for all the help, I need to figure out what I'm going to do here. I know there are other things I have been trying to do, but I can't remember what they are now.
    1. I think you need to have GPRS data service.

2. Sync to Outloook is the requirement of Windows Mobile device (not specific to Treo.) No device in the market can sync with the Vista's default contact & calendar. please see posts below: http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...Available.aspx)

3. Can't help.

4. No worry. I am traveling a lot and always swap the sim card.

Hope this help.
    As far as taking the sim card out.... try using the eraser end of a pencil to slide it out. You may have to put a little pressure on it at first but as it begins to slide out, you can ease up.

Not much help on the others. Always synced with Outlook, never messed with IM and always connected to the computer with a cable.
    That is a great tip! I am always swapping sim cards between devices. Never thought of using a pencil eraser.

Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    As far as taking the sim card out.... try using the eraser end of a pencil to slide it out. You may have to put a little pressure on it at first but as it begins to slide out, you can ease up.

Not much help on the others. Always synced with Outlook, never messed with IM and always connected to the computer with a cable.
  5.    #5  
    I'm able to get the sim card out with my fingers, however, it's scratching the SIM, I'll try a pencil eraser next time.
    Yes the Treo 750 has msn yahoo and all that.... your manual tells you how to setup up msn (ofcourse you will need to subscribe to the data plan)

msn is already installed in your programs folder

To get yahoo msg simply visit the yahoo site from you phone and dl it.

to get the sim out, simply make sure you have a little bit of nails on your finger and flick the back end fwd and it comes right out.

hope this was helpful
  7.    #7  
    ATT has removed all yahoo, AIM and MSN messengers, along with Windows Live. The instruction manual does say how to use it, however, none of the programs are there.

According to Palm and manual that came with the Treo there is a way to use IM over SMS without using a data plan. This feature is the one I can't figure out since the manual assumes the program came installed, and since I didn't, I have no idea what it's called or where to get it.