1.    #1  
    I am looking for an earpiece speaker for the TREO 750. Does anybody know where I can buy it from? The earpiece speaker on my TREO 750 went bad and I have tried everything including soft reset, hard reset, checked settings and also called PALM SUPPORT and I was told that it looks like a hardware problem. It is out of warranty (bought it about 13 months ago for $400) and now I am stuck with it. Everything else works fine including the speaker in the back and using the bluetooth earpiece (PLANTRONICS VOYAGER 510). Please let me know if anybody knows where I can buy the earpiece speaker for my TREO 750. Thanks.
    I would check Ebay (which I already did) and it seems it can not be found on there. But I guess your best bet would be to get a non-working treo 750 and use it for parts. I am not sure how cheap you can get those.

I also found this site
    it has all the parts but not for the 750. But maybe you can use the one that comes for 700.

You can search google with "treo 750 parts"

Also one other thing to consider is that these speakers are only physically connected. (Spring action) and it might just be a case of dirty connectors. You might get it to work by cleaning it..

Good luck,
    thearif
    Good advice thearif.

At least you still have the 3 other options: loudspeaker, wired headset, BT headset.

Hope you find the part.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for the advice. I did search ebay and google but no luck. I did find some info on how to take it apart and check the speaker and contacts, so I will do that as soon as I can find a small torx screwdriver so I can take it apart. I will post any further progress. In the meantime I will still try to find the earpiece speaker.
  5.    #5  
    I just got done fixing my TREO 750 earpiece speaker. I found some good instructions on different websites on how to disassemble the phone and bend the two metal tabs for the earpiece speaker so they will make contact with the board. I did that and then I put it back together and the speaker came back from the ... dead. Now I can use my phone again. If anybody needs the disassemble instructions for the TREO 750, I have a pdf file with pictures from Palm.
    Hey it is good to hear that you got your problem solved.
    That makes me wonder how did those connections got loose? Did you drop it or it just happened?
  7.    #7  
    Yes, I did drop it twice, maybe that was the problem, but the thing is that the phone worked after I dropped for about 2 months or so and the speaker went dead when I was talking on the phone few days ago. AT&T offered me a new TREO 750 FOR $200, so I might buy it and use this one as a backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by therman View Post
    I just got done fixing my TREO 750 earpiece speaker. I found some good instructions on different websites on how to disassemble the phone and bend the two metal tabs for the earpiece speaker so they will make contact with the board. I did that and then I put it back together and the speaker came back from the ... dead. Now I can use my phone again. If anybody needs the disassemble instructions for the TREO 750, I have a pdf file with pictures from Palm.
    Hello, I've just the same problem on my TREO 750. Could you please send me the disassemble instructions ? I an sending you a private with my email address.
    Thanks in advance
    www.palmmediccanada.com/ or www.PDAparts.com in the US

I have used palm medic in Canada and was very satisfied with the service. I had some keys on the keyboard not working. In all (including shipping to their shop) it cost me $75.

They have some instructional videos on the site as well. Good luck.
  10.    #10  
    Bending the tabs on the internal earpiece speaker worked for about a week and then the speaker went completely dead. I was able to find one on ebay for the TREO 650 so I replaced the dead one and so far everything is as well. My TREO 750 is like new again.
    Hi therman, I have sent you a pm requesting a copy of your pdf file.
    Thanks
    GB
  12.    #12  
    If anybody needs to replace the internal earpiece speaker on the TREO 750, there is a user on Ebay (TREOPARTS) and he sells the one for TREO 650 that also works on the TREO 750.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Palm-Treo-650-Fr...QQcmdZViewItem
    1. TREO 750 - 2.25 - ATT - WM6 Professional
    2. iPhone 3G - What a difference (finally a real phone).