1.    #1  
    Ok, here it goes.. I recently purchased the Spectec SDIO Wi-Fi Card, in order to use it in my 700WX..
    First of all I would like to say the following:
    If u have this card, and are experiencing issues with installation/operation here are some of the reasons/fixes:

1. The WM5 driver is useless. Install the PPC 2003 driver, and it will work
    2. If u have the SDHC driver... there's no easy way of saying it.. just uninstal it.. It causes MANY problems.

Now to the Card itself.. after u get it working:

Pros
    Range is good, it will pick up all the wireless signals my Laptop does..
    Its fast... I mean really fast.. youtube videos load instantly.. ofcourse the speed of the network that u are connected to also makes a difference..

Cons
    If u have a an SD memory card, and u are really using it.. (like me, I have my life on my 4GB SDHC) u will HATE this card! U will need to take out ur card, but the WiFi card and soft reset for it to be recognized.. This is a non-issue if u dont use an SDHC (high capacity, that requires the driver) but if u do the only way of avoiding a soft reset is uninstalling the SDHC driver.. which for me is a deal breaker...

So, the choice is HARD.. but i hope this mini-review helps someone...
    Last edited by gjvah; 03/12/2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo
    Could you tell me where to get the PPC 2003 driver?
    Thank you for this review. I have this card and had given up on it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by edjerum View Post
    Could you tell me where to get the PPC 2003 driver?
    Thank you for this review. I have this card and had given up on it.
    You're welcome, the driver is on the CD, and on their site
    http://www.spectec.com.tw/Download.htm#wlan
    Hi

I just bought the SDIO card and I have difficulty in connecting it to the home wireless network. The driver was installed properly with no errors, the screen says it is connecting but it won't. Please advise if I need to do something else. I am using an N router. Would that matter? The connection is password protected but I am sure I keyed in the right password because I verified it with my wireless notebook connection.

Any advise would be much appreciated. BTW, mt wifi sdio is WL54C-sd Ambicom brand with 54 mbps capacity.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    did you ever get this issue resolved?