1.    #1  
    i'm using now the 755p on verizan and thinking of moving to the 700wx.
    few questions:
    1. which one is faster 755 or 700wx?
    2. does the 700wx have threaded messaging?
    3. for some one that moved from 755p to 700wx, are u happy.
    ?
    help!!!!!!!!!
    I went through two 700p handsets before two 700wx handsets over two years. I only paid for the first, the rest were free replacements from Verizon due to my complaints. From my perspective, the 700wx is much more usable than the 700p. However, frustrations remained after 'upgrading' to a 700wx. For example, when I would reset the handset, if I didn't press the 'ok' button (relating to setting the clock via network) within a few seconds, it would hang. Also, the 'keylock' would only work for a few days, then go back to 'no keylock' so I would randomly pocket dialed people every few days, including a few bosses I would have preferred to not bother in the middle of the night. The bluetooth IS better than the 700p, but it is not 'good' by my experience. My biggest problem was that the phone would not ring for approx. 10% of incoming calls and the voicemail would only arrive hours later. Near last December, I was the least-affected car in a multiple car collision going 50 MPH+ on 880 in Oakland, CA and I was the only non-injured person whom stopped. I went to the most injured person first, and called 911. Instead of connecting, the 700wx reset. Imagine: late at night, smoking cars on the highway, hurt people, and a rebooting Treo in your hand. It happened to me. I gave the 700wx handset away the next day, deeming it to not be suitable for real use.

Looking back, I had so much frustration with Treos I wish I would have not invested the time. The the time investment you spend with the 700p will not disappear if you switch to a 700wx.

For reference, check this post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=156283

I take the time to make this post because I want a perspective expressed which is commensurate with my experience (of owning 4 Treos over 2 years). Some argue the 700wx is fine; I challenge one in the post cited above, but receive no response.

My experience is that the 700p/wx are the most frustrating devices I have spent time with. My advice: avoid the 700wx just like the 700p. Options are pretty good these days, many phones have trumped the Treo as of now.
    Last edited by 700p_isaheadache; 03/12/2008 at 02:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    few questions:
    ?
    help!!!!!!!!!
    1) What do you mean faster? Do you mean data over the air or processor speed? Or in real feel terms such as a snappy user interface?

We I'll try to answer all possible interpretations of this question. To see which one is faster as far as data transfer you should just run a speed check from both devices from here http://mobilespeedtest.com/ I believe the wx is rev 0 and maybe the 755 is rev A,,,,, not sure so the 755 might be faster. The best thing to do is to just run the speed test. As far as the processor speed I think they have the same processor. As far as the user interface the 755 would feel snappier because its a simple OS. But then again since the wx can runs several apps at once you would be able to bounce from one open application to another open application with out losing your place as compared to the 755 where you close one app the run another in which case that would be slower.
    2) The wx does not have threaded messaging and if you install threaded messaging on it there will be odd bugs that pop out here and there and it will make you wonder if the threaded messaging is the cause. It just doesn't work right.

3) I had the wx a few a year ago then the 680 a month ago and now the wx again and I am happy. The wx is a far better device than the 680 or 755 for me.

This goes back to to old worn out beaten to death Palm versus WM debate....... you can search and reat a ton on that subject.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 700p_isaheadache View Post
    Near last December, I was the least-affected car in a multiple car collision going 50 MPH+ on 880 in Oakland, CA and I was the only non-injured person whom stopped. I went to the most injured person first, and called 911. Instead of connecting, the 700wx reset. Imagine: late at night, smoking cars on the highway, hurt people, and a rebooting Treo in your hand. It happened to me.
    Wow! that must have sucked!

Personally, my 700WX has been great.
    Quote Originally Posted by 700p_isaheadache View Post
    I went through two 700p handsets before two 700wx handsets over two years. I only paid for the first, the rest were free replacements from Verizon due to my complaints. From my perspective, the 700wx is much more usable than the 700p. However, frustrations remained after 'upgrading' to a 700wx. For example, when I would reset the handset, if I didn't press the 'ok' button (relating to setting the clock via network) within a few seconds, it would hang. Also, the 'keylock' would only work for a few days, then go back to 'no keylock' so I would randomly pocket dialed people every few days, including a few bosses I would have preferred to not bother in the middle of the night. The bluetooth IS better than the 700p, but it is not 'good' by my experience. My biggest problem was that the phone would not ring for approx. 10% of incoming calls and the voicemail would only arrive hours later. Near last December, I was the least-affected car in a multiple car collision going 50 MPH+ on 880 in Oakland, CA and I was the only non-injured person whom stopped. I went to the most injured person first, and called 911. Instead of connecting, the 700wx reset. Imagine: late at night, smoking cars on the highway, hurt people, and a rebooting Treo in your hand. It happened to me. I gave the 700wx handset away the next day, deeming it to not be suitable for real use.

Looking back, I had so much frustration with Treos I wish I would have not invested the time. The the time investment you spend with the 700p will not disappear if you switch to a 700wx.

For reference, check this post:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=156283

I take the time to make this post because I want a perspective expressed which is commensurate with my experience (of owning 4 Treos over 2 years). Some argue the 700wx is fine; I challenge one in the post cited above, but receive no response.

My experience is that the 700p/wx are the most frustrating devices I have spent time with. My advice: avoid the 700wx just like the 700p. Options are pretty good these days, many phones have trumped the Treo as of now.
    Its things like this that make a person want to get unconverged and just carry a pda in one pocket and a cell phone in the other.
  6.    #6  
    thank you guys for the input. 700wx here i come...
    AFAIC, the 700wx is my #1 choice of all the existing phones on the market right now. Based on the functionality I need. I use it for work. Use lots of contacts (500+), need a good sync with MS Outlook, need decent reception, need good calendar (more like a true PIM, not just a calendar), need bluetooth DUN (I'm an IT consultant and often have to use it tethered to download drivers and such at offices w/o Internet connections, or broken Internet connections - until I get the NIC driver, etc.). I use lots of text messages. I need a good speakerphone capability with good volume since I use that a lot when at customer's locations calling Software vendor support outfits, etc. Often use the speakerphone when calling a client's service provider, allowing client to answer personal questions to access his account while we can both hear the support technician.

All in all I am very happy with the feature set and performance of my 700wx.

No games, music or watching TV here... just business stuff.

Just my input.

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 03/12/2008 at 01:15 PM.
    I have owned a:

Kyocera 7135
    Treo 600
    Treo 650
    Treo 750
    Treo 755,,,,, or was it a 680???
    Treo 700p
    Treo 700wx
    MDA
    PPC 6600 Blue Angel
    PPC 6700 Apache
    PPC 6800 Titan
    Kaiser TyTN II 8929 Tilt
    Cingular 8125

The 7135, 600, 6600, 6700 and 650 are old school. The 750, MDA, kaiser, 8125 are to slow on the network out here in BFE. The Titan was a pain in the arse slider,,,,,, sliders are a headache. The 755 was on a fast network but it was a slow palm OS phone. Ive used T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and now Alltel. Ive tried everything to find the best,,,,,,,,,, and for me its Windows Mobile Pro (PPC), in a Treo on an EVDO network. I love Windows Mobile and I love Treo! My next phone will be the Treo 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    ...The wx does not have threaded messaging and if you install threaded messaging on it there will be odd bugs that pop out here and there and it will make you wonder if the threaded messaging is the cause. It just doesn't work right...
    I think u just had a bad CAB... I've been using the threaded messaging for a long time, and I have never experienced any bugs.. It just takes a bit of RAM, but the revised CAB (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139379) is much smaller and runs faster... On the contrary I had issues with the WM default messeging where it would tell me "this is not a valid recepient, send txt anyway" or something like that, every time i used to send a txt... The threaded app fixed that..

Regarding the main question... I will just say I wouldn't trade my WX for ANY pda at the moment.. ( and yes, I have experience with Palm Os, Symbian, and the iPhone..)

P.S. iphone is the most overrated, overpriced, and overhyped piece of technology I have ever seen... It even beats the PS3 when it comes to hype vs reality...
    I agree. The iphone dosent do much,,,,, i just looks good to a lot of people.

I have used the threaded app on my Sprint 700wx, att 750, att kaiser, Altell Titan, Altell 700wx and strange problems always seem to follow it. It messes up picture mail. I think there is a way to fix that but Im not sure. This last time after I tried the version you linked to,,,,, I tried that very one last week,,,,, all of a sudden PIE would close on its own. That use to be an issue for users who directed their PIE cache to the card. I was on a pretty clean ROM with little or no customizing and all of a sudden after installing the threaded messaging I have PIE closing on its own. It may have been a coincidence. All I know is that threaded messaging seems to cause me problems. Im sure it works well for many users. Im sure there are many unknown factors that influence its performance. I give up on it.
  11.    #11  
    few questions:
    ?
    help!!!!!!!!!
    how can i get threaded messaging on the 700wx?
    how can i get threaded messaging on the 700wx?
    from the thread that gjvah linked to http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139379
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    One thing to consider is that the W/WX is just about 2 years old now and is due to be replaced in the "near future" by the 800W. Supposedly in the next couple of months.

I have used both the W and WX. The WX is great except for the BT which you never know if it will connect or not.

If you can wait you should be able to enjoy all of the benefits WX plus new smaller form factor, more memory, better camera and improved BT, plus 320 x 320 resolution, WM6.1

Just food for thought. If you get the WX you are getting a solid phone.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    from the thread that gjvah linked to http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139379
    thank you very much
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    One thing to consider is that the W/WX is just about 2 years old now and is due to be replaced in the "near future" by the 800W. Supposedly in the next couple of months.

I have used both the W and WX. The WX is great except for the BT which you never know if it will connect or not.

If you can wait you should be able to enjoy all of the benefits WX plus new smaller form factor, more memory, better camera and improved BT, plus 320 x 320 resolution, WM6.1

Just food for thought. If you get the WX you are getting a solid phone.
    allready did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    If you can wait you should be able to enjoy all of the benefits WX plus new smaller form factor
    I'm looking at eventually upgrading the 800wx too, when available. But... one thing about a "smaller form factor" is that it usually requires a "smaller battery". One thing I love about my 700wx is the big-mama battery that keeps on going, and going and going...

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    I'm looking at eventually upgrading the 800wx too, when available. But... one thing about a "smaller form factor" is that it usually requires a "smaller battery". One thing I love about my 700wx is the big-mama battery that keeps on going, and going and going...

-Frank
    I agree, the battery life is excellent.