1.    #1  
    what the flip is going on? All my appointments are appearing on the wrong day on my device. They're on my Outlook calendar on my laptop correctly, but show up on the device a day early. I've reset the crap out of this thing, I've checked the date and time on the device. I can't figure this out.

I'm staring at an appointment right now. On my desktop, it starts Saturday March 15. It's appearing on the device as starting Friday March 14.

Help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rascalfishy View Post
    what the flip is going on? All my appointments are appearing on the wrong day on my device. They're on my Outlook calendar on my laptop correctly, but show up on the device a day early. I've reset the crap out of this thing, I've checked the date and time on the device. I can't figure this out.

I'm staring at an appointment right now. On my desktop, it starts Saturday March 15. It's appearing on the device as starting Friday March 14.

Help!!!
    Does that include a hard reset?
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  3.    #3  
    No hard reset. That's always my very very last resort, and I really didn't want to go there .... please tell me I don't have to!!
    I'm kinda at a loss on this one......... I'll look around a little more for a solution tonight,,,,,,, I looked for about a half hour,,,,,,,, I'm just posting to let ya know we care
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Did this just start occuring over the weekend? If so it may be related to Day Light savings time. Did you down load the update in the past?
  6.    #6  
    I just noticed it today. In the past I have noticed of course that my appointment TIMES get all screwy with the change in daylight savings, but this is a different kind of screwy -- on my laptop I have all these all-day appointments that start on Saturday, and on my Treo the same all-day appointments appear as starting Friday, the day before. This just doesn't make sense. I think I downloaded the update in the past, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to do it again. Do you happen to have that link??
  7.    #7  
    Thanks James, I really appreciate how hard you're trying to help me! :-)
    Bingo....Jas O beat me to it, I was reading this thread thinking the same thing. The daylight savings patch did the same thing to mine...all my birthdays had to be redone (kinda embarassing thinking I am finally getting the date right, and calling people saying 'Happy Birthday' only to find out I was a day ahead)!!!

I don't think you need to go as far as a hard reset (as long as you don't have a massive number of appointments), but you will need to manually fix your appointments. I know it won't be easy, but the alternative is to delete all your appointments, and sync with your PC (as long as they are still correct in your PC).

If you want to go the hard reset route, maybe this idea will help: make sure the appointments are correct in Outlook, do a backup without PIM, and hard reset. restore with your backup you just made (at this point you should have everything except for your contacts and calendar) then sync with your PC and bring in the correct appointments and contacts (then pray it doesn't happen next fall!!).
    Quote Originally Posted by rascalfishy View Post
    I just noticed it today. In the past I have noticed of course that my appointment TIMES get all screwy with the change in daylight savings, but this is a different kind of screwy -- on my laptop I have all these all-day appointments that start on Saturday, and on my Treo the same all-day appointments appear as starting Friday, the day before. This just doesn't make sense. I think I downloaded the update in the past, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to do it again. Do you happen to have that link??
    If you have done the daylight savings patch once, you don't need to again (unless you do a hard reset without a backup file).

This may be of interest to you:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=obj(42093)

Here is the update page:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/dst.html
  10.    #10  
    OY VEY it's getting screwier by the minute. Now I'm noticing daily recurring all-day appointments appear on the device as starting 11:00 pm -11:00 pm. I gotta tell you, it seems like ALL my all-day appointments are hosed up. I'm also noticing appointments on the device that aren't on the laptop, and vice versa. what is going on???
  11.    #11  
    Now I don't think its DST related. I just moved an appointment from today to tomorrow on my laptop. My device did not register the change. I have synced it twice -- that appointment remains on the device for today.
    If it helps any all my Bitrhday's I had in my calender were turned into three day appointments, with something like what you were describing with the time-frames. I had to delete the day before and after the Birthday manually, and the timed appointment on the date, leaving the all day appointment alone.
    There looks like a new DST update on microsofts site:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...tdownload.mspx

I downloaded this & it fixed my issue. I had to delete my exchange partnership & reload it (no biggie). It did fix my hour off issue.

This doesnt seem to be included in the 1.22 vzw update.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    You know what, I notices that all me appointments are off by one hour. Whats the deal with that one. I applied the patch last year and haven't hard reset.
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Sharp YO-610 > Casio Cassiopeia E125 > iPAQ h5455 > Treo 700W
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post

I downloaded this & it fixed my issue. I had to delete my exchange partnership & reload it (no biggie). It did fix my hour off issue.

Updated March 3rd 2008. Geeze... how long does it take them to get it right!

-Frank
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post

That did the trick, Thanks
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Sharp YO-610 > Casio Cassiopeia E125 > iPAQ h5455 > Treo 700W
    So.... The fix from last year didn't work??
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  18.    #18  
    OK, so here's what I did:

1) I downloaded the DST update (even tho I'm pretty sure I remember doing this last year). It didn't work, or help my situation. I still have tons of all-day recurring appointments that appear on my device as multi-day appointments starting at 1:00 am and ending at 1:00 am the next day. So ...

2) I manually deleted some of my recurring appointments and made new ones; looks like I will have to do this with every single recurring all-day appointment.

3) I downloaded the most current Active Sync, and replaced whatever I could.

4) I held my breath and hoped it would all be OK

So far, this combination appears to have worked, in that I don't think I see any more appointments that appear on my laptop on one day and appear on my device on another, but still, this doesn't feel like a smart fix. I don't think I got to the heart of this issue. And I don't understand why the DST update did nothing.