1.    #1  
    If I hit the red phone button twice, the screen goes black for a second, then the backlight comes on and the keyguard banner shows up at the bottom of the screen. About 60-90 seconds later the screen will flash black again.

The phone does this all day long and is eating up the battery. Any suggestions on how to remedy the situation?

Here are my Backlight Settings:
    Tun off backlight if devic is not usd for 30sec
    Turn on backlight when a button is pressed or the screen is tapped

Here are my power settings:
    On Battery - Turn off device if not used for 2 min
    On external power - Turn off device if not used for 30 min

Here are my keyguard settings:
    Auto-Keyguard: When Power is turned off
    Disable touchscreen: While on call in Today Screen

Help!

-Steve
    have you tried doing a soft reset?
  3.    #3  
    I have tried several soft resets, but that does not seem to alleviate the problem.
    I seem to remember that this was a bug with the original firmware (that has disappeared with the WM6 upgrade. Are you still on the original fw?) It occurred if your screen brightness was set at 40% or below. Turn the screen brightness up, see if that helps.

-Wouter

Quote Originally Posted by yeravgjoe View Post
    If I hit the red phone button twice, the screen goes black for a second, then the backlight comes on and the keyguard banner shows up at the bottom of the screen. About 60-90 seconds later the screen will flash black again.

The phone does this all day long and is eating up the battery. Any suggestions on how to remedy the situation?

Here are my Backlight Settings:
    Tun off backlight if devic is not usd for 30sec
    Turn on backlight when a button is pressed or the screen is tapped

Here are my power settings:
    On Battery - Turn off device if not used for 2 min
    On external power - Turn off device if not used for 30 min

Here are my keyguard settings:
    Auto-Keyguard: When Power is turned off
    Disable touchscreen: While on call in Today Screen

Help!

-Steve
    I have the same problem. I swapped 6 Treo 750v also encountered this problem. (All upgraded to WM6.) Even I did not install any software except configuring the EAS and still have the problem. I believe the problem is caused by the following:

1. Poor reception signal - I recently traveled to Singapore, my Treo kept turning on by itself. When I changed the band to GSM instead of Auto, it did improve. When I traveled back to Hong Kong, it runs normally. (I believe the signal of the HK telco is more stable.) Only sometimes cannot turn off the device but it can be fixed by reset the device.

2. Notification - When you have this problem, please see whether any notification is there. Sometimes clear the notification will help.

3. Background program - When I pressed the red button, sometimes I saw an OK then the screen turn off and back on again. (Actually I checked the running program, it only shows, ActiveSyn and Oulook E-mail.) If this is the case, you may try pressing the OK button and then red button twice.

Above is only my personal experience. Your problem may not be resolved by doing the mentioned methods. Hope this will help.
  6.    #6  
    I did have the brightness set below 40%. Turning it up seems to have cleared up the issue. Thanks !