1.    #1  
    I just got this card for my $26 ebay 700w and it works great. I bought the card from amazon for $41 shipped(they dropped price since).
    I used the driver from the supplied disk and have had no problems.

I am getting 800 to 900k speeds(according to BBR) through my Linksys
    BEFW11S4 Wireless-B Router.

The battery on my phone seems to be weak as it drains itself in less than a days time with no usage so I cannot say how much power the card uses until I get my new batteries. I have been on the card for a couple hours at a time and it doesn't appear to drain the battery any faster than just using the phone without the card.
    Im still waiting for mine to come.. I'm glad its working with the drivers they provide.. I'll write a short review as soon as i test it.. It should come today or tomorrow..
    I believe there is some info on that around here somewhere.
    I'm glad the card works.

Of course what I need is this plus 2GB (or so) of storage.
    Alas...
    Last edited by westronic; 03/11/2008 at 08:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fattybean View Post
    I just got this card for my $26 ebay 700w and it works great. I bought the card from amazon for $41 shipped(they dropped price since).
    I used the driver from the supplied disk and have had no problems.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try it with this:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ter-v0-89.html

I'd buy that wifi card in a minute if I thougt I could get my Treo to look like a WiFI Internet Access Point to my (and others around me) laptops!!!

I have zero other need for the card so don't want to buy it needlessly.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3cn4b View Post

I'd buy that wifi card in a minute if I thougt I could get my Treo to look like a WiFI Internet Access Point to my (and others around me) laptops!!!

I don't have any way of finding out if it works. This is my first, only and most likely last wifi device(IMO wifi is subpar). My home network is powerline.
    I just wanted to get on my works wifi for faster internet service and mediability that my sidekickII doesn't provide.

Also I don't have a service plan of anykind so I don't think it would work as an AP/router.
    I was looking at wifi cards and am wondering which would be best. The 802.11b
    mini or the 802.11b/g. They are both around the same price. They also offer an 802.11b/g mini which is around $60-70. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    I was looking at wifi cards and am wondering which would be best. The 802.11b
    mini or the 802.11b/g. They are both around the same price. They also offer an 802.11b/g mini which is around $60-70. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    I got the Spectec SDW-821 from my Treo 700wx. I installed the driver that came on the cd.

As is it finds the networks around my area, and I am able to connect to an unsecured one and roam around fine. But, it did not find MY network. I finally typed in the name of my network and told the phone to find it and it did. I get the strongest signal from my network. But I cannot connect to it!

Now I'm using WPA2-Personal for my security with TKIP+AES. On the phone I have selected WPA-PSK and TKIP for encryption. I typed in the network key and the phone tries to connect, but never does.

The only other options on the phone that I see is WPA for Authentication. But when I select that I am still left with TKIP for encryption and it automatically selects the option that says "The key is automatically provided" which it isn't. I cannot deselect it without going back to WPA-PSK.

Anyone have any ideas on what I need to do?

Thanks.
    when i put in the sdw-821 it says there is not enough memory to install drivers...i don't know what to do.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8whtbuff88 View Post
    when i put in the sdw-821 it says there is not enough memory to install drivers...i don't know what to do.
    There's a post with a workaround that has a CAB attached which will do everything needed to get it working.
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    Thanks JimMLINY...I had to find a driver online becouse I couldn't get the CD to work. I don't know if I have the right driver or not. Is there any way for you to help me?
  13.    #13  
    This card works fine on my 700w but on my 700wx(which I got after I started this thread), I get the "not enough memory to load driver" alert every now and then. I do a soft reset and then it will work fine.

I do not know of the new cab work around to solve this problem and would also be interested as well.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8whtbuff88 View Post
    Thanks JimMLINY...I had to find a driver online becouse I couldn't get the CD to work. I don't know if I have the right driver or not. Is there any way for you to help me?
    I have an SDIO one and like the Spectec post I mentioned ealrier used a a ZIP from post here on SDIO that made the useless CD obsolete. DO the serach, it is here somewhere. IIRC it was a summer 2007 post.
    Verizon Palm Treo 700wx, WM 6, FLASH 4G|TRANSCEND SD TS4GSD150 R, MemMaid 2.0, Magic Button, SBSH Pocketweather
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3cn4b View Post

Has anyone tried WMWifiRouter on the Nightraven's WM6.1 with this card?
    Does anyone have it for sale in the GTA?
    Also has anyone tried other wifi sdio cards?
    Last edited by kocoman; 10/31/2008 at 11:55 PM.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d