1.    #1  
    I'm trying to install WMDC 6.1 to my vista laptop. But I keep getting "Could Not write value CLSID to key\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F
    ] Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
    How do I fix this problem? PLEASE HELP
    Well, I didn't have any trouble, but... my User Access Control (UAC) is OFF. Have you tried disabling UAC? UAC is known to cause an issue with certain installation programs. Just a thought.

Also, you do have Administrator permssions on the machine, right?

-Frank
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Well, I didn't have any trouble, but... my User Access Control (UAC) is OFF. Have you tried disabling UAC? UAC is known to cause an issue with certain installation programs. Just a thought.

Also, you do have Administrator permssions on the machine, right?

-Frank
    Where do i find the UAC ?
    Yes i do have admin rights
    UAC is in the control panel.

Right-click on the installer package and select 'Run as Administrator'. That may help.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    UAC is in the control panel.

Right-click on the installer package and select 'Run as Administrator'. That may help.
    within vista?
    Yes... Within Vista.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    within vista?

I don't see "installer package" when I right click on control panel.
    Thanks for your patience.
    No... UAC is its own control panel applet (IIRC)

You can right click on the installer for WMDC and select 'Run As Administrator' to run the installer as an administrator...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    No... UAC is its own control panel applet (IIRC)

You can right click on the installer for WMDC and select 'Run As Administrator' to run the installer as an administrator...
    didnt work
  10.    #10  
    Finally got it!

just kept hitting ignore