1.    #1  
    Ok I know it's been brought up here and I did not have luck finding the solution through the search so here goes again:

TREO 700wx- ACTIVE SYNC INSTALLED-
    19 times out of 20- a plug into any of my 3 laptop USB ports will render the dreaded "USB does not recognize device..." error. 1 time out of 20 it will actually sync!

ANYONE out there with a heart and some knowledge on this- please link me to an appropriate solution thread or fire an answer up on this one.

Your prize will follow via US Mail.

rcs
    Have you tried going to Start>Settings> Connections>USB to PC and disabled Enable advanced network functionality ?

Surur
  3.    #3  
    Can't seem to find that option on the 700.. when I go into Start>Settings>Connections and - the choices are Beam,Bluetooth,Connections,Network Cards and Wireless Mgr,,

I go into Connections again and it brings up the two areas of MY ISP or MY WORK NETWORK- Could not find the USB to PC option...
    You probably just have a cable with a loose connection. Borrow a buddies cable to see if it is the problem or call palm and tell them that your cable is bad.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Dirty connector on phone. Try blowing on it first.
    I agree with this. If blowing doesn't work, try scraping each of the metal contacts within the connector socket on the bottom of the phone with a wood toothpick. Soaking the end of the toothpick in rubbing alcohol for a few seconds first can help dissolve/remove the crud that insulates the connectors over time. Oxidation can also cause the problem and will also be remedied by this. I have needed to do this twice on my treos.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
    Dirty connector on phone. Try blowing on it first.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    try this either off of the sprint.com/downloads ( I think that's the url) or palm.com you can download thee drivers for your device.... yes I know you don't need too but sometimes this fixes the issue.

also I think surur was talkn about the settings on your pc in active sync

let me know if this helps
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

hype6477 locked in on twitter
    The PC always says device not recognized when the cable dosent make contact. I took a poll one time and found out that 69 percent of uses loose contact and think that the connectors are junk. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=123930
    It helps sometimes to wiggle it in there a bit or trying to hold it tight to one direction or another,,,,, on the treo side,,,,,,, that's the part of the cable that craps out.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 03/10/2008 at 10:48 AM.
    If the problem is not in your computer nor cable nor connection, I can only imagine one other component that might have the problem.