Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thread from XDA-Developers. OEM ATT Version - no weird tweaking or problems - works great.

Thread has link to download ROM. Pls check the other sticky threads for instructions - very easy. Take the CHEEIMG.NBH file and put on your SD card, hold the side button and reboot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=374381

Faster, has OneNote, new IE zoom, some other fixes. No issues and I have ALOT of programs on mine - SBPlus, Agenda One, hidelogo, Slingbox, PIEPlus, etc...
    Jer 23:29
    I currently have the official Att rom in mines, so this 6.1 is alot better then the 6.0?
    I tried all versions of wm6. 1 for treo 750 (both lite and full versions), all sucks. Please don't try it.

1. BT doesn't work well. BT GPS will only work once. You need delete the pairship and re-connect it each time you want to use it again.

2. The free version sprite backup doesn't work at all.

3. GPRS works only a few minutes before disconnecting itself. You want to use it again? Power off the radio and power on again. Only tests on Tmobile $5.99 plan.

I used two weeks and reflash back to wm6.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I'm loving 6.1 right now. 6.0 worked good too but 6.1 is quicker for me and more reliable.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    There's an official version 6.1 from ATT for the Treo 750?
    No, its not official at all.

Not many advantages over 6.0, but there are some

Make sure you read all directions before attempting
  7.    #7  
    Don't know what some of the posters are talking about - this is an official Palm OEM 6.1 release. Works like it is supposed to - including BT. I have to question if the poster above installed correctly, or even used it.

It's a bit faster in my very subjective view, not alot of visible enhancements, but hey - it is the latest release.
    I love it, its fast, but it is NOT official. A rom cooker in Dubai created it.

And no, I'm not talking about the Lite version. That was someone else.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    does this new version have voice commnd?can all u happy users confirm(or denay) the "cellneuron's" bt prob?
  10.    #10  
    Has voice command. I use a new Jawbone - works without any issues at all - pairs quickly first time, everytime.
    Only issue is that I can not not see my pics as if I were looking for them going through the File explorer, andbody else have this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    Has voice command. I use a new Jawbone - works without any issues at all - pairs quickly first time, everytime.
    Nothing new here. My Jawbone has worked flawlessly with WM6.0 for months, including with VoiceCommand.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    just updated to WM 6.1 and I don't have VoiceCommand and I can't connect to the IE at all...

any ideas??? I did find the .cab file for Remote Desktop which is missing as well...

Is VC included in this ROM, b/c I sure don't have it??????

Do I need to enter all the settings for IE and internet connetion manually?

thx
    jbstix
    Moto V551>>Treo 650>>8525>>
    Treo 750 - WM6!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbstix View Post
    just updated to WM 6.1 and I don't have VoiceCommand and I can't connect to the IE at all...

any ideas??? I did find the .cab file for Remote Desktop which is missing as well...

Is VC included in this ROM, b/c I sure don't have it??????

Do I need to enter all the settings for IE and internet connetion manually?

thx
    You must have installed the "Lite" version. Go back to the link in the first post and find the full version
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    You must have installed the "Lite" version. Go back to the link in the first post and find the full version
    I think I installed the correct version???

This is it: "Treo750_OS5_2_19199WWE_STD.rar "

It's 50mb unrared and 60mb or so extracted...

Is this the right one... it does not have Voice Command that I can find

thanks
    Last edited by jbstix; 03/17/2008 at 05:18 PM.
    jbstix
    Treo 750 - WM6!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I d/l the file, how do you install it? I looked at the dev site and the directions are very vague. Can anyone do a step by step guide???

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b00001 View Post
    I d/l the file, how do you install it? I looked at the dev site and the directions are very vague. Can anyone do a step by step guide???

Thanks!
    I assume by file you mean the WM 6.1 Rom, correct?

If so, your phone has to be unlocked, to be able to install a custom ROM like this one.

SIM and CID unlock using CheetahUnlocker?

If so, it's a fairly easy process from there... if not, it's going to take a good bit on reading on your part... I'll help you with some links and info if you need it.
    jbstix
    Treo 750 - WM6!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbstix View Post
    I assume by file you mean the WM 6.1 Rom, correct?

If so, your phone has to be unlocked, to be able to install a custom ROM like this one.

SIM and CID unlock using CheetahUnlocker?

If so, it's a fairly easy process from there... if not, it's going to take a good bit on reading on your part... I'll help you with some links and info if you need it.
    Thanks. I guess I will just sit with 6.0.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b00001 View Post
    Thanks. I guess I will just sit with 6.0.
    Honestly, I used the 6.1 Rom last night and most of today, and actually just went back to the Palm (nonATT) WM 6.

WM 6.1 was very peppy, but it was missing a few key things I use quite often (daily) like VoiceCommander.

So, I just installed the Palm ROW version and so far am liking it very much... no ATT bloatware at all!

jb
    jbstix
    Treo 750 - WM6!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    This thread seems to be a little dead, but there needs to be a little clarification...

You phone has to be unlocked to install a Custom ROM. Check out the xda site for plenty of info: search for cheetah unlocker
    Once unlocked you can use a couple different methods to update:
    Either a CustomRUU tool, or a Fat32 formatted MiniSD card with the CHEEIMG.nbh file on it, then press/hold PTT button + Soft reset to enter Bootloader mode.

This is NOT an official release from Palm. It is a custom ROM made by someone.

It does not have Voice Command 1.6 or Remote Desktop included. You have to download and install those .cab file seperately.

good luck...
    jbstix
    Treo 750 - WM6!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast