Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanx for asking jbstix.

I'm still at WM6 although liking is less and less over time but still sitting on the fence as to flashing it to 6.1.

I downloaded (a while ago) two 6.1 kits (and I don't exactly remember from where now - however I do have a rapidshare account and at least one kit probably came from there).

There were a couple of weird things. In the first kit the main ROM file (you can tell from the size) has the very non-standard name of nk.nbf. It's 53,505 KB which I also seemed kind of weird because I vaguely remember the 6.0 ROM that I flashed to have been considerably bigger. Maybe 70 or 80 MB?

But then I did see the disclaimers about all the stuff this 6.1 ROM doesn't have, such as Voice Commander (apparently you can download this separately and install).

So maybe the size is OK. But the name nk.nbf is weird.

Then there are bunch of other programs in this 1st kit that I'm unfamiliar with. Partly for unlocking no doubt, but my phone is unlocked already. I remember calling AT&T and getting instructions or something about unlocking it. And I wouldn't have a pre-release 6.0 on there now if it wasn't unlocked - right?

The second kit has:

CHEEIMG.nbh.RADIO 13,854 KB
    CHEEIMG.nbh.WM6.1 53,022 KB

I added the .RADIO and .WM6.1 to distinguish them, even though one should, in principle, be able to do so just on the basis of the relative sizes.

I think I trust this kit much more. Moreover I already have a FAT32 formatted SD (or mini SD or whatever) card. And I've been through the BootLoader experience once before. And so I'm comfortable with that method (and besides I'm a programmer and this method seems to me to be more direct and 'simple').

So I'm sort of asking you to simply check what I've written above. But real question is the following:

Do I upgrade the radio or WM6.1 first?

I may have read here in the forum that it's effectively the radio first, because if you try to upgrade WM6.1 first, the install will fail at some point and the gist of it is that the radio needed to be installed first.

And yes, I've gone the xda thread(s) several times. But with different people writing, and with differing degrees of knowledge and experience, it can take a little work to extract the 'real' info from this threads.

pat
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patfla View Post
    Thanx for asking jbstix.

I'm still at WM6 although liking is less and less over time but still sitting on the fence as to flashing it to 6.1.

I downloaded (a while ago) two 6.1 kits (and I don't exactly remember from where now - however I do have a rapidshare account and at least one kit probably came from there).

There were a couple of weird things. In the first kit the main ROM file (you can tell from the size) has the very non-standard name of nk.nbf. It's 53,505 KB which I also seemed kind of weird because I vaguely remember the 6.0 ROM that I flashed to have been considerably bigger. Maybe 70 or 80 MB?

But then I did see the disclaimers about all the stuff this 6.1 ROM doesn't have, such as Voice Commander (apparently you can download this separately and install).

So maybe the size is OK. But the name nk.nbf is weird.

Then there are bunch of other programs in this 1st kit that I'm unfamiliar with. Partly for unlocking no doubt, but my phone is unlocked already. I remember calling AT&T and getting instructions or something about unlocking it. And I wouldn't have a pre-release 6.0 on there now if it wasn't unlocked - right?

The second kit has:

CHEEIMG.nbh.RADIO 13,854 KB
    CHEEIMG.nbh.WM6.1 53,022 KB

I added the .RADIO and .WM6.1 to distinguish them, even though one should, in principle, be able to do so just on the basis of the relative sizes.

I think I trust this kit much more. Moreover I already have a FAT32 formatted SD (or mini SD or whatever) card. And I've been through the BootLoader experience once before. And so I'm comfortable with that method (and besides I'm a programmer and this method seems to me to be more direct and 'simple').

So I'm sort of asking you to simply check what I've written above. But real question is the following:

Do I upgrade the radio or WM6.1 first?

I may have read here in the forum that it's effectively the radio first, because if you try to upgrade WM6.1 first, the install will fail at some point and the gist of it is that the radio needed to be installed first.

And yes, I've gone the xda thread(s) several times. But with different people writing, and with differing degrees of knowledge and experience, it can take a little work to extract the 'real' info from this threads.

pat
    Pat... need some info

Who's your Carrier and what version of Treo are you using?
    Treo 750(ATT) 750w or something else?

I left my Radio alone, the first time I installed the WM 6.1 ROM.

Have you already run the CheetahUnlocker?

I got my file from the link on forums.ppcgeeks.com website
    jbstix
    Moto V551>>Treo 650>>8525>>
    Treo 750 - WM6!
    Hi jbstix,

I'm on AT&T. And have the tri-band GSM Treo 750.

The phone is unlocked, but it was unlocked some time ago and I don't remember exactly how. Except that unlocking did not involve my running any program from off the web, but rather I called AT&T and they may have simply given me some secret code or something (or maybe I had to then hand it over to a systems person at my company - the phone is from my company, but the parties responsible OKed my upgrading it to WM6.0).

Does that answer you questions?

Oh and the radio version (this is my question). If it's the 'Firmware' under Settings | System | About | Phone, then my current radio version is 1.54.00.00. Which surprised me a little because I believe the new radio version is 1.54.07.00, which, in principle, indicates a pretty small bump up.

pat
    Hi folks!!

I downloaded this ROM and it doesn┤t work. Neither SD method nor customRUU method, last method give me a "incomplete file" error (┐?)

Please, someone upload the ROM to rapidshare and post the link?

Thank in Advance!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grojas View Post
    Hi folks!!

I downloaded this ROM and it doesn┤t work. Neither SD method nor customRUU method, last method give me a "incomplete file" error (┐?)

Please, someone upload the ROM to rapidshare and post the link?

Thank in Advance!!!
    it says that the file is corrupted when i tried it
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    it says that the file is corrupted when i tried it
    Yes, I know, but is the same file downloaded from xda-developers link in the first post. I don┤t understand why I get this error

Anyway, Do you please upload your ROM to rapidshare and post the link?. Thank you in advance man!!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Just wondering, does this file works for GSM unlocked 750v?
    I tried it on my Treo 750v and I could not get it to work.
    graylion
    Folks - I've upgraded but cannot get internet to work at all... it doesn't even attempt to dial even tho the connection appears to be created. I'm on AT&T and it is supposed to dial "wap.cingular"... is that correct? Any HELP!!!!

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Dear friends, please help another Treo user from South America, I have just flashed my Treo 750 from WM6 Spanish (live in Peru) to what it thought was WM6.1 but it seems it was really WM5 (came with the Business theme and some stuff a little bit different from what I had).

Not quite liking that version.

How can I flash back to WM6 if I don't have the .nbh file???

Thanks a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    Folks - I've upgraded but cannot get internet to work at all... it doesn't even attempt to dial even tho the connection appears to be created. I'm on AT&T and it is supposed to dial "wap.cingular"... is that correct? Any HELP!!!!

Lee

is it a proxy issue? did you disable the at&t proxy?
    When I was chatting with a Palm support rep last August, they said they'll come out with a WM 6.1 for it... 10 months later, we still don't have an official WM 6.1 update for our beloved 750.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12