Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    I just installed this thing, and WOW... what a difference... My 700wx feels like its runing on Nitrous Oxide ... So i got a question.. How safe is this? And what settings should I use? 420 or 520? And should I have the Auto scaling on I dont care about battery life, im just concerned how safe overclocking is..

    Thank you guys in advance

    PS. If anyone wants it for "Testing Purposes" let me know.
    Last edited by gjvah; 03/06/2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: I had to..
  2. #2  
    I've been using it for a year now @ 520. Resco Radio will crash once in a while but other then that no real issues. I've tried running the device at 208 while streaming to get more battery time and I don't think I got more then 15min more battery life.

    Enjoy
  3.    #3  
    Thanks gedster314, so im guessing 420 is quite safe since 520 is safe..
    What about auto scaling? Does it really save battery?
  4. gimme5's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #4  
    I put it at 520 and have had zero problems. If I crank up XCPUScalar one notch higher than 520, I need to do a soft-reset 30 seconds later.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks gimme5
    Anyone using autoscaling?
  6. #6  
    I tried scaling and didn't see much difference in battery life either.

    When I set mine at 624, it's pretty stable and will be quite happy until I actually want to run a program, then it hangs. It is amazing how you get use to the speed. I recently did a rebuild and man o man is the thing slow with out the hack. To quote "Set it and forget it!"
    Last edited by gedster314; 03/09/2008 at 02:02 PM.
  7. zeus661's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #7  
    When you use this program and you say it speeds things up, what exactly is faster? Say you open the "messaging" icon, does it appear faster? Should I install it? Thanks


    Treo 700wx Alltel

    Honda Valkyrie Rider
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus661 View Post
    When you use this program and you say it speeds things up, what exactly is faster? Say you open the "messaging" icon, does it appear faster? Should I install it? Thanks
    When I say it speeds things up I mean it does just that
    And it does speed up the CPU, so everything is much, MUCH faster.. Lets say u tap on the messaging icon, and there is a very small lag, well thats gone! Every single program runs faster. You know how you go back to the home screen, and u get like part of the screen white until it "loads up" the screen.. Almost like a slow reftesh rate, well that's gone too.. my pda feels like my nokia, and i have it set on 416MHz, im still testing it for stability.. so far its going good.. i used to do a soft reset every morning after charge, now I havent done one for 4 days, and there is no slowdown whatsoever... Everything opens and closes almost instantly.. I would highly recommend this app to anyone, even if ur happy with ur Treo's speed (like I was) just to see the difference.. When I compare my treo to my cousin's Mogul.... ... well im just gonna make a "stupid" analogy... Imagine a drag race between truck and a Suzuki Hayabusa...

    -V-

    P.S. If u need the app PM me, and provide ur email address.
    Last edited by gjvah; 03/08/2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typo
  9. #9  
    It's worth installing. Makes program launches and menus faster.

    It's weird when I first got the program it wouldn't run long at 624. I haven't tried it since. With this this thread I decided to try it at that speed again. Now I've been running a few days at 624 with no issues. All I can think of is maybe the Sprint update made the OS more stable. I'm running it with auto scaling 520 for everything except above 75%, then its 624. From 520 to 624 is noticable performance increase.
  10. zeus661's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #10  
    Is it safe to install? Am I right that setting the speed to fast is the only mistake I could make?


    Treo 700wx Alltel

    Honda Valkyrie Rider
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus661 View Post
    Is it safe to install? Am I right that setting the speed to fast is the only mistake I could make?
    As far as I know, no one has cooked a PPC with XCPUScalar.

    I use it and love it.

    However, OCing anything is NEVER recommended so you have to make the choice for yourself.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  12. hyphen's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    #12  
    hey gjvah I would like to see what all the fuss is about, can I get a copy for testing purposes??
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

    hype6477 locked in on twitter
  13.    #13  
    hyphen, PM me with ur email address

    gedster314, so ur saying 520 is safe? Anyone knows if 520 is safe? I have the 700wx with the latest updates from verizon.. 420 is a major increase in speed, i'll try 520 now.. I'll let u know what happens...
    Last edited by gjvah; 03/10/2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: .
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus661 View Post
    Is it safe to install? Am I right that setting the speed to fast is the only mistake I could make?
    Basically yes. Just put it on 420 or 520... dont go over 520..
  15. #15  
    [QUOTE=gjvah;1419321so ur saying 520 is safe? Anyone knows if 520 is safe?[/QUOTE]

    I run with it scaling from 208 to 520 depending on load and it is 99.l9% stable. In fact, I'm sure when it does crash that it has nothing to do with OC.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks, do u think it's going to be an issue if i just leave it on 520, without autoscaling? Or is autoscaling better?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gjvah View Post
    Thanks, do u think it's going to be an issue if i just leave it on 520, without autoscaling? Or is autoscaling better?
    I like scaling because I /do/ see a difference in battery usage but I don't think it would hurt to run it at 520 constant, no. I'd say that is up to you.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  18. gimme5's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gjvah View Post
    Thanks, do u think it's going to be an issue if i just leave it on 520, without autoscaling? Or is autoscaling better?
    Mine is running @ 520 all day, everyday. No problems at all. It doesn't really eat the battery that much.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I like scaling because I /do/ see a difference in battery usage but I don't think it would hurt to run it at 520 constant, no. I'd say that is up to you.
    Thank you
    Last edited by gjvah; 03/10/2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: .
  20. #20  
    Does anyone have a "testing copy"? I have sent a couple PM's

    Thanks in advance.





    Quote Originally Posted by gjvah View Post
    I just installed this thing, and WOW... what a difference... My 700wx feels like its runing on Nitrous Oxide ... So i got a question.. How safe is this? And what settings should I use? 420 or 520? And should I have the Auto scaling on I dont care about battery life, im just concerned how safe overclocking is..

    Thank you guys in advance

    PS. If anyone wants it for "Testing Purposes" let me know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions