Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I have my company email set up to send emails to my home, treo, and my office. On the computer at the office, I unchecked the box where it says keep mail on server. My IT guy called me last week and told me that I needed to uncheck this box due to storage. Once I unchecked the box, all of my emails on my treo were gone. Now every time I check my emails in the office, they are deleted from the treo. Is there any way to keep the emails on my treo without keeping them on my company server? I am using outlook express on both my home and office computers.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    nope. i believe if you delete it on one. when you sync it it deletes it on the other one. how are you syncing through exchange or cable. do you have a seperate client that syncs them. you might be able to change a setting there. but i dont believe you can.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I dont sync the phone to get my emails. It comes from my company server. Every time I delete a email from my work computer it deletes the email on my treo.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Bump??
    When you unchecked the box to leave mail on the server, you are essentially downloading the email to your desktop. I'm surprised that your IT guy had you do this, because it means that now all your emails are on your desktop and if you lose your desktop due to HDD crash or whatever, your emails are all gone, unless your IT dept. backs-up your local computer.

Because you are downloading emails to your desktop and removing them from the server, you treo will no longer see any emails when it checks the server, because your desktop has already pulled them off the server.

The only way to get email back on your Treo would be to re-enable the check to leave mail on the server and be more diligent at maintaining your mailbox size so that it stays at a reasonable size to remain on the server.

Makes sense?