1.    #1  
    I have my phone setup from the information in the Youtube video thread, but that is for Internet Explorer. Does anyone know how to make that work from within Opera Mini? When I click on videos within Opera Mini, I get the warning that I don't have a flash player installed.

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    It can't work in opera mini, unfortunately. Sorry.
  3.    #3  
    OK Thanks for the response...No Biggie..
    Quote Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
    It can't work in opera mini, unfortunately. Sorry.
    How about the opera mobile 8. 65?
  5.    #5  
    never used Opera Mobile...how is it compared to Mini?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fattybean View Post
    How about the opera mobile 8. 65?
    I haven't tried 8.65, but in versions before that, it wouldn't work for me.

I think Skyfire can play youtube vids. It's still in Beta, though.
    Last edited by gimme5; 03/07/2008 at 07:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mercuryrsng View Post
    I've used both, and personally, I pick opera mini. I wish I could have tabs on the mini, though.

Also, if you wanna try opera mobile, only try the latest official stable version. I've found 9.4 beta on PPC Geeks. It was extremely slow for me and I had to uninstall. After I uninstalled, it had changed a ton of file associations and I had to hard reset and restore my backup.
  8.    #8  
    great...thanks for all of the info everyone
    man o man people - skip all this hassle and download the awesome standalone video search AND playback app called vtap. Just go to http://vtap.com on your device browser, download the cab, install it, launch it, search for ANY video out there, and stand back while the magic happens.

So easy. So nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercuryrsng View Post
    I have not tried mini yet, I just got the phone(700w) . Mobile is much slower to start up than IE, but once started I like it better. I am left handed so I like the grab scrolling rather than reaching across for the bar in IE and the tabbed browsing is something I always want on my sidekickII. Compared to IE though, I don't think it's worth buying.

I have tried to get youtube videos to open in opera mobile and IE but the player says "RTSP protocol not supported"...So that answers my question I guess.

In my one day of experience, the FlashVideoBundle.CAB with TCPMP works flawlessly with every video I have tried.

I have no data plan so I am connected to wifi at about 800k according to bbr, perhaps a slower connection will have more problems.

EDIT: I just got mini4 going and will be using it instead of mini mobile, it is so much faster.
    Last edited by fattybean; 03/10/2008 at 07:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    man o man people - skip all this hassle and download the awesome standalone video search AND playback app called vtap. Just go to http://vtap.com on your device browser, download the cab, install it, launch it, search for ANY video out there, and stand back while the magic happens.

So easy. So nice.

The video quality of Vtap is not so good compared to what you get with zbop's method. Also, it's nice to just be able to browse a page, and just click on the video, instead of closing the browser, launching vtap and searching for it.

Also, for me, when looking for NBA highlights on youtube, I try not to know the score beforehand. With VTap, I get a spoiler courtesy of nba.com.
    quote:
    Also, it's nice to just be able to browse a page, and just click on the video, instead of closing the browser, launching vtap and searching for it.
    end quote

Well you see - that's the beauty of vTap - no need to do that three step process. No need to search in the device browser, close it, launch vTap & then watch a video. vTap does all that. Search AND playback in one.

And you can change the vid settings to get a better resolution.

Just an option for people who are issues with whatever browser they may be using.

I LOVE vTap.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Well you see - that's the beauty of vTap - no need to do that three step process. No need to search in the device browser, close it, launch vTap & then watch a video. vTap does all that. Search AND playback in one.
    That's not how it works for me. I don't really go to youtube and search that much(except every once in a while for basketball highlights). I'm more of a casual youtube user to tell you the truth. I go to a forum on my phone, someone posts a youtube link, I just click on it and voila!

In my case, Zbop's method is just way easier.

But yeah, for the person who goes to the site and spends time searching for one video after the next, I can imagine VTap would be fantastic. As long as they don't care about subscriptions of course.