Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. hyphen's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
       #1  
    First off I want to say hello.

    second I have a few treo ?'s like one how do you turn of the menu beep sound I don't really want to hear that all the time.

    two how do I change the buffer size on the windows media player when I am trying to stream radio stations (from http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/?state=ca)
    the audio keeps cutting off and the player keeps saying buffering. I tried using the tcmp player but I guess the mms protocol doesn't support it cause it never opens the file and I get an error.

    three what program do you use (please provide a dl link too if possible) to speed up your phone I had a mogule and was running batterystaus to speed it up. also can you provide me with the safe limits so I don't brick my phone?

    forth thanks everyone for your assistance in this matter.
  2. gimme5's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    three what program do you use (please provide a dl link too if possible) to speed up your phone I had a mogule and was running batterystaus to speed it up. also can you provide me with the safe limits so I don't brick my phone?
    Hello!
    I use XCPUscalar from Immiersoft, I set it a 520Mhz and have had no problems. If I set hit higher than that, it usually causes my 700WX to hang.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    First off I want to say hello.

    second I have a few treo ?'s like one how do you turn of the menu beep sound I don't really want to hear that all the time.

    two how do I change the buffer size on the windows media player when I am trying to stream radio stations (from http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/?state=ca)
    the audio keeps cutting off and the player keeps saying buffering. I tried using the tcmp player but I guess the mms protocol doesn't support it cause it never opens the file and I get an error.

    three what program do you use (please provide a dl link too if possible) to speed up your phone I had a mogule and was running batterystaus to speed it up. also can you provide me with the safe limits so I don't brick my phone?

    forth thanks everyone for your assistance in this matter.

    I wouldn't stake my life on it but I dont think that you can change the buffer size. Changing the buffer size has never done me a bit of good with TCPMP or resco radio. The only thing that fixed the buffer issue for me was switching to a carrier that offers EVDO in my area. Or streaming low bit rate stations. What bit rate radio stations are you trying to stream? What is your treos speed? You can check your speed here http://www.mobilespeedtest.com
    And for the bit rates try streaming radio stations that transmit in a 24 or 32 bit rate. TCPMP works for most stream types. I stream from http://www.shoutcast.com at usually a 32 bit rate.
  4. hyphen's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
       #4  
    aahh thanks for the info. i cant choose which quality i want but i will look into sshoutcast tomorrow. here is the results from the speed test

    Your current bandwidth reading is:

    645.30kbps

    which means you can download at 80.66 KB/sec. from our servers.

    is this good?
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

    hype6477 locked in on twitter
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    aahh thanks for the info. i cant choose which quality i want but i will look into sshoutcast tomorrow. here is the results from the speed test

    Your current bandwidth reading is:

    645.30kbps

    which means you can download at 80.66 KB/sec. from our servers.

    is this good?
    Yes thats a good speed. I notice that the stations on that site are between 20 and 96 so you should be able to stream any station with no buffering issues. The links listed as pda and wmp on that site should play in WMP. The links listed as mp3 should play in TCPMP. Is it only particular stations that stall? When you get the buffering pause are you in an are with few signal bars? Do they stall in strong signal areas? Also you should check your speed in an area where they stall to see if bandwith is the issue. Mine stall when at the gym but usually no where else. So at the gym I have to chooses a 24 bit rate station. For the beeps try going to start>settings.personal>spunds and notifications and uncheck screen taps and hardware buttons.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    aahh thanks for the info. i cant choose which quality i want but i will look into sshoutcast tomorrow. here is the results from the speed test

    Your current bandwidth reading is:

    645.30kbps

    which means you can download at 80.66 KB/sec. from our servers.

    is this good?
    Also I wanted to mention that at a speedtest of 421 for myself the 80 bit rate station on your California page caused me to buffer for a second or 2 every few minutes but the station at 20 kbps did not run into any buffer snag. Again the best thing to do when you notice that you have buffer issues is check signal strength, bandwidth and the speed requirements of the station. The speed requirement is listed next to the station link and you have to usually be running at 2 to 3 times the speed of the station to stream smoothly. When I am in a slow speed part of the city increasing the buffer does me no good. It makes sense that it should help but bandwith it usually the issue so buffer size only helps a tiny bit, not enough to prevent the pauses.
  7. hyphen's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Yes thats a good speed. I notice that the stations on that site are between 20 and 96 so you should be able to stream any station with no buffering issues. The links listed as pda and wmp on that site should play in WMP. The links listed as mp3 should play in TCPMP. Is it only particular stations that stall? When you get the buffering pause are you in an are with few signal bars? Do they stall in strong signal areas? Also you should check your speed in an area where they stall to see if bandwith is the issue. Mine stall when at the gym but usually no where else. So at the gym I have to chooses a 24 bit rate station. For the beeps try going to start>settings.personal>spunds and notifications and uncheck screen taps and hardware buttons.
    they stall in low signal area the speedtest i provided above is in the same area i try to listen the radio stations at. thanks james for all of your help and input. i would like to mention i went to the wmp options network internet connection speeds and changed the speeds to 33.8kbs havnt had one buffering issue since... so idk what that does but it helps.

    oh on the menu sound nope its still there =(
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

    hype6477 locked in on twitter
  8. #8  
    Is the menu beep you are talking about the click noise when a button is pressed or the screen is tapped? What other menu beep or noise is there?
  9. hyphen's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
       #9  
    when you press the windows button it clicks then when you click a program it clicks again.. i hate the fn clicking
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

    hype6477 locked in on twitter
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    when you press the windows button it clicks then when you click a program it clicks again.. i hate the fn clicking
    If you go start>settings>sounds & notifications you could uncheck "Events (warnings, system events)" and that would stop those clicks.

    I unchecked that box on day 1 because those little noises are pointless and extremely annoying.
  11. hyphen's Avatar
    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
       #11  
    I feel stupid... but your the man james
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

    hype6477 locked in on twitter
  12. #12  
    Ya know what else would be great is if we could get rid of the beep you hear when the phone is plugged/unplugged to the charger.
  13. #13  
    Sometimes I switch the silence button on the top in the middle of the night just to keep from waking up others when plugging in the cable.
  14. #14  
    ya i guess I should just remember to flip that switch before unplugging. I leave it on at night for chronos alarm clock.

Posting Permissions