1.    #1  
    I have had my Treo 750 for 9 months now and have been very happy with it. Laterly I have had trouble with it loosing connection to my desktop computer while synchronising. I have been using an after market cable that has a charging plug included. When this problem first started I assumed it was the cable, so I started using the genuine Palm cable hoping it would solve the problem, but unfortunately it is still occurring.
    Basically what happens is that when connecting the Treo to the cable it connects properly to the computer and starts synchronising. Then within 30 seconds or so it looses connection. Initially I would disconnect the cable wait say 10 seconds and reconnect it. The time that the Treo remains connected can vary considerably. Now after loosing the connection I just leave the Treo and within a minute or so it reconnects, then maybe disconnects and reconnects a couple of times before it stays connected long enough for ActiveSynch to complete the synch.
    I have tried wriggling the plug and/or cable to see if that helps, I have even sat the Treo and cable where it doesn't get moved hoping that this might help. But nothing seems to change.
    Has anyone else had this problem and found a cause/solution
    Quote Originally Posted by Modified View Post
    Has anyone else had this problem and found a cause/solution
    I have never had this problem, either with my Treo 650 or my Treo 750. It seems as though you've already trouble shot the cable, now it's time to move on to other trouble shooting steps.

First, I would trouble shoot the USB port on your computer. Try plugging in a thumb drive or hard drive and see if it keeps getting connected/disconnected.

If the USB port works fine, then I would assume there might be a hardware issue with your Treo. Try using a rubber band to hold the cable into the phone and see if that solves the problem. If it does - then I'd say the connector on your Treo is having issues...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Are you using ActiveSync 4.5?
    I can not get my 750 att to sync this is a new phone. att sent me a new one. it is saying cannot connect to mobile device
    Last edited by jvp69; 03/05/2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: SPELLING
  5.    #5  
    Yes using ActiveSync 4.5.
    I have had both cables plugged into different USB ports on the computer and the problem still occurrs. I have also tried wriggling the plug to see if it will make it happen (loose connection) but nothing.
    At the moment the Treo is sitting on the desk away from other cables etc, so it can't get bumped but still it mananges to loose connection.

This is not a major problem to me but rather a minor annoyance. I had a Jasjam prior to the Treo and it was trouble right from the word go. Of the first 6 months, it spent 3 of them being repaired 4 times!! The Treo, this is the first time I have had any trouble with it in 8 months and as I said it is really only a minor annoyance.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Try enabling / disabling the "Enable advance network functionality" under Settings --> Connections --> USB to PC. That will likely fix the problem.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks jcalloway, but it didn't help my problem. Initially I thought it did as the problem seemed to go away for the next couple of syncs but it started again. So I tried your suggestion again but after this time it didn't help.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I wasn't very clear. What I meant was, try it for a little while with it checked. If that doesn't work, try it a little while unchecked. Mine is currently checked. I'm syncing with Windows XP pro.
  9.    #9  
    Computer will not even recognise that the Treo is connected unless it is ticked. By that I mean if it is unticked the computer will not see that a device is connected, let alone saying that it dosn't recognise the unknown device. Yes I'm using XP Pro too.
  10.    #10  
    jcalloway, you were right. I did a bit more research and found that disabling this feature can fix the problem but the trick was to reboot the Treo after turning off the 'advance network....'. I have gone from loosing connection about 6 times after each physical connection of the Treo (before it would be able to synch properly) to now not loosing connection at all.
  11.    #11  
    Just a quick up date, it is now a week later and I haven't had it loose the connection at all.
    Thanks jcalloway, you were spot on even if I couldn't see it the first time around!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Modified View Post
    I have had my Treo 750 for 9 months now and have been very happy with it. Laterly I have had trouble with it loosing connection to my desktop computer while synchronising.
    Hey, it's losing, not loosing. English is weird!
    I'm having the same problem that Modified did, but when I go to open USB to PC the window instantly closes on me. I have no other programs running. Strange?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I'm having the same problem that Modified did, but when I go to open USB to PC the window instantly closes on me. I have no other programs running. Strange?
    Are you using WisBar or WisBar Lite? I am running WisBar Lite, and the same thing happens. When I turn off WisBar Lite, I am able to open it.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Nope. No Wisbar. I am using Mopbile Shell which may be behaving in a similar way. I don't think there's a way to 'turn it off' though without uninstalling it. I'll look into it. Thanks!