Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Place pictures of hot chicks in place of your co-workers, gives you a nice screen to look at and easy dialing of common numbers
    I would like to have several rows of the contacts pictures instead of the the little button to scroll through on the stock program. I also don't have spb mobile shell. Any ideas outside of purchasing ms? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    For the question of 'how many picture speed dials can be added' - I think the max is something like 65 or so - you just keep scrolling to the right. One friend of mine and I decided that we'd spend two hours one day to answer that question.

But - having really more than 5 or 6 (just about any more than the 5 that will fit on the main screen) is really more of a bother than it's worth. Since all you have to do to call ANYBODY in your contacts is just hit one or two letters of the first name, followed by [SPACE BAR], then one or two letters of last name, anyone in your address book is a max of five button presses away.

And I'm always surprised by people who think they need to use the Contacts app, and then scroll 9000 times to call people. No! Here's a best practice to make phone calling easy (yes most of us know this but there are some new folks here from time to time):

- first, disable the lookup field - it's superfluous, redundant and also not needed. (Menu/Preferences/Hide Lookup Field)
    - then, when you want to call someone/anyone in your contacts, just hit one or two letters of first name, then space, then one or two letters of last name. That's it - no need to pull up the contacts list, scroll, blah blah - none of that. Simple! Easy!
    I totally agree. More than 5 pic speed dials is not a shortcut. That's pretty interesting about the fact that you can add 65 pics....... That's nuts. What palm employee was sitting around burning up a ton of time engineering the ability to add 65 today screen picture speed dial contacts. That's retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    What palm employee was sitting around burning up a ton of time engineering the ability to add 65 today screen picture speed dial contacts. That's retarded.
    It was probably just a random number they picked as a cap.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12