Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I am still hanging on to my iPhone, but I have to say I am tempted to sell it as you have done. The data speeds are so much faster on the 750, it is beyond comparison. My iPhone is collecting dust. I got tired of missing calls when I was on a data connection and someone called.

I have also owned a Tilt, used it for a month, then took it back. It felt like a cross between a brick (because of the weight) and a bar of soap. RF reception was poor. It had a problem switching between 3g and edge.

My Moto Q9h will go on ebay in a few weeks. Great phone, just missed the lack of a touchscreen and it is a little too wide for me.

The 750 just feels great in my hand. I never expected to like it, especially after all the issues that I had with my previous Treo 700p. So far, it is at the top of the heap.

Quote Originally Posted by iramike View Post
    I have to chime in here. There are a few minor things about the 750 I don't like the screen and the slow to hang up issue, other than that, I keep coming back to the 750 as it is the best phone I've owned, I actually prefer it over my iPhone, I ended up selling the iPhone and kind of want one back.

Right now, I have my 750 running WM6, as far as apps I really on have an ebook reader on it, Palringo and Mobile Shell 2.0 which works great for me. I like my Blackjack 2 as a backup phone cause its a wonderful device, but there are just things like the threaded sms and the ease of one handed use that keeps me coming back to my 750. Very rarely do I ever use the phone's speaker, I almost always use bluetooth, but I've never had any issues with quality, the sound has always been great. I think I got the Blackjack 2 cause I wanted something new and shiny and couldn't wait for a Tilt to be cheaper.

I have seen the white screen browser issue, and I don't think its a Treo issue, cause my Blackjack2 and my mom's original Blackjack do the same thing, and also my old 8525 did the same.

The Treo gets a bad rep for some reason, cause you hear of more people with issues than you do with people that have never had a problem. I've made the mistake of selling my Treo twice and each time have really regretted it and ended up buying another one. The one I have now, I am not going to sell its like a trusted old friend at this point.
    I have had the Treo 750 for a year and after I installed WM6 (which 750's now have pre-installed), it has been a dream. I don't have any of those problems. My wife has an iPhone, and she loves it, and she doesn't have the problems you were talking about, but we live in Kentucky, and I think we have pretty good towers/coverage here. Heck, we jist gawt telly-phones las' yur, you know, in Kin-tuckee! Just kidding.

Anyway, I guess in a major metro area, like NY, you are going to have dropouts.

If I didn't have a phone, and I was considering buying one, if I were you, I would at least wait and see how the iPhone 3G is. I love the 3G speed on my Treo, and cannot wait to see how that plays on an iPhone. You might be tempted to get one of those. So your AT&T rep might have helped you out.
  3.    #23  
    I have already bought the 750. As a phone it is superior to the iPhone. I travel frequently in the midwest and have not had any dropped calls with the 750. That is substantially better performance than I get with the iPhone. Couple that with the fact that I can get calls while I am surfing the web, and it is all good.

I am in an area with excellent AT&T coverage. I have dropped calls with the iPhone when I have line of sight to an AT&T tower. For some reason the phone will at times appear to tower hop between a strong signal and a weak one. I am glad that you aren't having these issues.

When the 3G iphone comes out, I will likely buy one - assuming they fix the radio reception.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelalanjones View Post
    I have had the Treo 750 for a year and after I installed WM6 (which 750's now have pre-installed), it has been a dream. I don't have any of those problems. My wife has an iPhone, and she loves it, and she doesn't have the problems you were talking about, but we live in Kentucky, and I think we have pretty good towers/coverage here. Heck, we jist gawt telly-phones las' yur, you know, in Kin-tuckee! Just kidding.

Anyway, I guess in a major metro area, like NY, you are going to have dropouts.

If I didn't have a phone, and I was considering buying one, if I were you, I would at least wait and see how the iPhone 3G is. I love the 3G speed on my Treo, and cannot wait to see how that plays on an iPhone. You might be tempted to get one of those. So your AT&T rep might have helped you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft View Post
    I currently use an iPhone...
    I went back to the AT&T store and bought the 750...
    I also have a Motorola Q9h...
    I have also owned a Tilt...
    When the 3G iphone comes out, I will likely buy one - assuming they fix the radio reception.
    After re-reading this thread, I realized that there's not much a phone can do. At least ONE phone that is You suffer from an advanced case of gadget lust, much like the rest of us...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  5.    #25  
    Guilty as charged!

Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    After re-reading this thread, I realized that there's not much a phone can do. At least ONE phone that is You suffer from an advanced case of gadget lust, much like the rest of us...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12