1.    #1  
    This 700WX Bluetooth "bug" is really killing me. I love the Treo but I am thinking this is a show stopper for me.

I now have my Nokia N810 Bluetooth DUNned to my Treo 700WX (Sprint) using USBModem.

Same freakin' deal. Treo LOCKS SOLID with heavy data.

In case there was any question, as I posted in another thread I've now tested the following. At least three different XP computers using two different bluetooth adapters each with a hard-resetted Treo 700WX then installing each of the following: PDAnet, BT DUN hack, and USBModem.

All of the above work perfectly if I use USB and not Bluetooth. When I use Bluetooth, they all work well with light load, but as soon as I get an email with an attachment or pull down heavy data, the treo locks SOLID and requires a battery yank.

Now I have a Nokia N810, which is an awesome device, and I have it BT DUNning with USBModem, and SAME FREAKIN' THING. This Nokia is running Maemo Linux so this shows it's not a Microsoft issue or anything like that.

I've tried UNDERCLOCKING the Treo, OVERCLOCKING the Treo, make it discoverable and not, changing default USB mode, changing speeds on the DUN setting on the PC. I've also tried before the recent Sprint update and now post-update.

I'm on a mission. I need this to work. There IS NO USB option for this Nokia, it's going to be BT or nothing.

ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS I CAN TRY????
    When i had the N800, (not N810 btw) i had absolutely no problems tethering via BT all the time with my 700Wx without it locking up. Sometimes i would be on for periods as long as one hour and when i was done, i'd disconnect and all would be fine.

I posted some instructions on InternetTabletTalk back in October of last year. BTW, are you running firmware version 1.15?

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...9&postcount=16
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    When i had the N800, (not N810 btw) i had absolutely no problems tethering via BT all the time with my 700Wx without it locking up. Sometimes i would be on for periods as long as one hour and when i was done, i'd disconnect and all would be fine.

I posted some instructions on InternetTabletTalk back in October of last year. BTW, are you running firmware version 1.15?

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...9&postcount=16
    Yep, I'm now on 1.15, but was also trying it prior to the upgrade (this problem was the sole reason to try the upgrade).

I'd like nothing better than to discover my Treo doesn't have a bug but is instead just "broken". I didn't really consider that because in my Googling I've seen a few others with similar issues.

THANK YOU for that link and for your experience. It's encouraging knowing this might work for me. I'll check out that link soon as I can, and am also now going to find another Treo 700WX to test this with now that I hear someone else had 'er working! I also have access to a Nokia N800 (the no keyboard one) and haven't tried it yet.

Thanks again!! If anyone else has anything I might be missing PLEASE LET ME KNOW.